Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2007, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 3,724 times

Advertisements

I am in the middle of moving to the Concho/Snowflake area and was looking to see if anyone knows of recreational things for me to do with 3 young kids. I am a homeschooling mom of a 5yr old little girl (looking to find her a dance studio since she is very sad about leaving hers in Phoenix), a 3 almost 4yr old boy (he could use anything --- he is very active) and an almost 10mth old boy. Does anyone have any recomendations for me to look at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2007, 10:15 AM

9 posts, read 47,014 times
Default Snowflake child activities

Hi, I live in Snowflake, have been here for almost 8 years. We also moved up here from the "valley". We haven't regretted it for a minute. Being out by the Concho area is very secluded. It will be very different from Phx.

We have four children 11, 10, 8, & 7. We also homeschool. You'll find that a lot of people homeschool around this area. There are a few support groups, but you really have to look for them.

There is a dance studio in town. It is called "Raising the Barre". My kids take dance and tumbling there. They teach ballet, jazz, ballroom, hip hop, and tumbling. I'm sure there are more classes than that, but those are the ones off the top of my head. They also do a musical production every year. This year they did "Seussical Jr."

Also, keep in touch with Town Hall for their various parks and recs activities. There are all sorts of sports, baseball (girls and boys), soccer(girls and boys), basketball (girls and boys), and football (boys). For the girls there is also "cheer camp" the high school cheer squad puts that on every summer. And the pool offers swim lessons.

As for other organized activities there are few. Keep in touch with the local school district, everything is advertised through them.

Here's wishing you luck on your NorthEastern AZ journey.

P.S. Did anyone warn you about the wind?

Last edited by reyjan; 06-30-2007 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: no title
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona