Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 09:41 AM

3,886 posts, read 10,088,403 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathereddolls View Post
Ok - Honestly, what are the differences between the 2. I have a kid entering High School. We have been in K12 for 4 years. High Schools sounds very strict, I am not against that, but does Connections offer anything better in High School. Who has been doing this longer do you know?
For high school you can try "primaveratech.org" It's only high school and the classes are different. You do 2 classes at 6 weeks each. Instead of 6 classes all year. A lot easier to accomplish for a high schooler. lol Not a lot to keep up with for a parent. I found that the others hadn't got their high school programs together yet. A lot of glitch, and kids get the raw end of it.
The only problem with virtual high school is that the credits won't transfer to a public high school. Some charters accept them, but public high school will not. So you can' t virtual school one year and send them back the next. Has to be a commitment of 4 yrs. I believe this applies to all the V-high school programs out there. If not, let me know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2009, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,186 times
I love Arizona Connections Academy. I enrolled my son after withdrawing him from a charter school. The curriculum is well laid out. His on-line teacher extremely helpful and concerned for his learning development. I have my degree in education/special ed and I find ACA an excellent solution for my son who struggled in a traditional classroom environment.

Old 03-28-2017, 03:08 PM

1 posts, read 799 times
I've read this thread and would LOVE some suggestions. Currently I have a freshman daughter who is enrolled in Primavera. It has been a horrible experience. She's spent more time sitting on that computer than all the time spent going to public school PLUS her homework. The math teacher especially was unhelpful (her office hours were 5:00 a.m. to 6 a.m. didn't return emails and the lessons were horrible. Even had a incident where the answers to the test were wrong and my daughter spent 3 days in tears trying to figure it out until FINALLY teacher replied that the answers were correct but system was wrong)
Anyway, I am now looking for another virtual school. My daugher is willing to try one more time. She has ADHD and IEP but did very well at Desert Vista (all A's and B's) and works really hard. I wanted to see if anyone had any opinions about which school would be the best for her between ACA and AVA. She really needs a teacher and would do better in a more structured environment. I would love for her to have a lesson with a real teacher every day instead of once a week like she does now.

Thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
View detailed profiles of: