Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2007, 05:30 PM

6 posts, read 23,753 times

Advertisements

Is there ever severe weather like tonados or earthquakes in Arizona?

Are there good fitness facilities in the areas of Casa Grande, or Queen Creek?

How often is the air quality bad so you can't go outside?

Does it ever rain?

I guess anything you can educate us on about living in Arizona would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2007, 07:32 PM

27,391 posts, read 27,438,981 times
In answer to your question, we dont get tornadoes, though a few have been reported seen in the past couple of years. They must have been pretty small and no damage done. We do get those sandstorms and microbursts though, and they can leave a lot of damage behind, but not as much as a hurricane or a full-blown tornado. Quakes, yes, but again, theyre only minor tremors and rare but we do feel them, seldomly. Rain? Whats rain? Sad to say I know of a couple of kids who have never see it, only heard of it. Seriously! We've had a few sprinkles here in Casa Grande the past couple of years but its been so dry even the dirt is dying.
Weather, air quality....another thing. Lately we've had poor air quality warnings, seems more than the usual for this time of year. Severe to us is the summer heat, anywhere between 105-118. Ive seen 121 and 123 since Ive been here, about 8 years now. Anything less than 100 is a 'cool' day on the news, lol. This past couple of weeks has been treacherous for many of us who work in construction, if its not the high winds its been the extreme heat, all combined with the high particulant matter out there, lot of people have been getting sent home sick. (Those of us who work outdoors all day). Again, this is not unusual here, from time to time, its just not as common as it has been lately either. This weather issue is pretty wierd right now, and isnt always like this, though the dry heat is pretty common.
Yes we do have a workout facility out here, but its not a very big place, and not some big name like L.A. Fitness. I dont go there and cant recall the name right at the moment but its here.
Casa Grande doesnt really have a lot to do, a couple of hick bars and an occaisional parade. But again, depending on what youre looking for, it could be good or it could be boring. Its also becoming expensive now too, no thanks to greedy investors....but dont get me started there...
There is good and there is not so good anywhere you go, keep that in mind.
Anyway, I can go on and on but will leave room for others to give their inmput.

Old 06-07-2007, 10:01 PM

6 posts, read 23,753 times
i think we would like the dry heat, it is humid in Canada. We are really just looking for a place that is close to dirtbike tracks and street bike tracks. That has resonable housing prices, if possible low low crime rate. i do need a gym though that is a must. other then that we are open, shopping malls would be nice but i don't think it is a big deal if we have to travel a bit to a nice mall, once in awhile.

Old 09-08-2008, 07:30 PM

14 posts, read 168,430 times
Hi Dirtdiva:
YESS humid in canada. Im a canadian living in Queen Creek. I came down here 2 years ago from fountain hills. At that time, there was pretty much nothiing here. Since then , there have been stores, malls and all kinds of things popping up everywhere, and the roads are slowly getting better. I'm not sure if there is a gym right in the town, but some just a few miles away . I dont go , i have my own home gym. But the town is nice, low crime i think. At least the part of town i'm in is.
Livewire is right, anything less than 100 is cool here, and right about now, im ready for some fall/winter weather. I think you will like it.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:14 PM

1 posts, read 4,604 times
Nope no Tornados but we do get monsoons. And there is a LA Fitness on Florence Blvd in Casa Grande, i think it just opened recently.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:17 AM

2 posts, read 7,127 times
I am thinking of moving to arizona wirh my brother, mom passed away. I would like to know if it is expensive to live there, and can I drive an electric bike while I live there? thanks harold.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 AM

2 posts, read 7,127 times
Cool living in arizona with pride

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearith View Post
I am thinking of moving to arizona wirh my brother, mom passed away. I would like to know if it is expensive to live there, and can I drive an electric bike while I live there? thanks harold.
we want to live there as fast as we can? please reply. thanks harold

Old 03-31-2010, 10:23 AM

13,258 posts, read 21,881,517 times
Harold, Arizona is a huge state with almost unlimited diversity of geography, climate, population and demographics. To show you how vague your questions are, reread your questions and substitute the word Canada where you put Arizona. How would YOU answer those questions? If you want to live here as fast as you can, I would come visit and explore the state. You also have an immigration challenge to deal with. That may be a showstopper before you even get started.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona