Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2010, 02:05 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,374,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillR1 View Post

More whining...

Whaaa more racism and inbred hillbillie politics!

Right back at you.

This bill encroaches far beyond "illegal" whatever; and the whatever is just that - whatever. and the illegal is in parenthesis because it isn't limited to illegal.

I dont expect you to have the required education to understand that though.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:08 AM

287 posts, read 547,167 times

Last edited by basketballakev; 04-24-2010 at 03:18 AM..

Old 04-24-2010, 04:15 AM

1,273 posts, read 4,419,303 times
I applaud Governor Brewer and Senator Pearce for making a strong attempt at controlling the problem of illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants come in all forms. Being an Illinoisan I understand that there are Mexican illegal immigrants, Irish illegal immigrants, Czech illegal immigrants, etc. I think that it is a reasonable expectation for one to prove their citizenship when involved in an act that could be considered a crime.

I plan on making an out-of-state contribution to Governor Brewer's 2010 campaign as a show of support.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:17 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,760,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by US-Traveller View Post
I applaud Governor Brewer and Senator Pearce for making a strong attempt at controlling the problem of illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants come in all forms. Being an Illinoisan I understand that there are Mexican illegal immigrants, Irish illegal immigrants, Czech illegal immigrants, etc. I think that it is a reasonable expectation for one to prove their citizenship when involved in an act that could be considered a crime.

I plan on making an out-of-state contribution to Governor Brewer's 2010 campaign as a show of support.
BINGO! I was thinking to myself "what can I do to show my support for Governor Brewer"?

Old 04-24-2010, 04:22 AM

20 posts, read 60,833 times
Frankly, this bill is terrible. I for one, support "illegal immigration", as I have no quarrels with an underprivileged group of people seeking an improved standard of living, or rather the "American Dream" we advertise to the rest of the world. I especially have no issue with it considering the states with the biggest issues with illegal immigration are states that were originally owned by Mexico. This of course was before the grand ole United States decided to throw our weight around and forcibly take the land from the Mexicans.

In addition, I'd love to look at the ancestry of those who support this bill as I'm sure their lineage is plagued with individuals that didn't come to America "legally". In fact, if Native Americans employed similar tactics when the Europeans conveniently got lost and stumbled across America, most of you wouldn't be posting about this issue today. Thank God not all people are as simple minded and bigoted as modern day Americans. That aside, most of you complaining about "illegal immigration", are the same people that employ "illegal immigrants" to mow your lawns, clean your houses and vehicles, tile your floors, repair your roofs, etc. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Anyhow, this bills reeks of racism and bigotry. Racial profiling on a grand scale will ensue, and crime will undoubtedly rise. Even the idea of this bill is sickening. But hey, why not employ a Nazi like regime?

God bless America.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
Frankly, this bill is terrible. I for one, support "illegal immigration", as I have no quarrels with an underprivileged group of people seeking an improved standard of living, or rather the "American Dream" we advertise to the rest of the world. I especially have no issue with it considering the states with the biggest issues with illegal immigration are states that were originally owned by Mexico. This of course was before the grand ole United States decided to throw our weight around and forcibly take the land from the Mexicans.

In addition, I'd love to look at the ancestry of those who support this bill as I'm sure their lineage is plagued with individuals that didn't come to America "legally". In fact, if Native Americans employed similar tactics when the Europeans conveniently got lost and stumbled across America, most of you wouldn't be posting about this issue today. Thank God not all people are as simple minded and bigoted as modern day Americans. That aside, most of you complaining about "illegal immigration", are the same people that employ "illegal immigrants" to mow your lawns, clean your houses and vehicles, tile your floors, repair your roofs, etc. Hypocrisy at it's finest.

Anyhow, this bills reeks of racism and bigotry. Racial profiling on a grand scale will ensue, and crime will undoubtedly rise. Even the idea of this bill is sickening. But hey, why not employ a Nazi like regime?

God bless America.
So according to you, its alright if a specific group of individuals comes into the US illegally while other groups of individuals must patiently wait in line in order to legally immigrate into the US? What gives these people precedence over others who are trying to come into the US legally for a better standard of living?

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,851,140 times
Mexico might sanction Arizona for this , my Mexican Friend says. You don't want to Pis* of Mexico , because they'll just more over the border. My Mexican friend , said alot of his neighbors were chanting anti-American slurs in the streets and burning Arizona flags You really have done it now , he thinks a race war is brewing in Arizona.....

Old 04-24-2010, 06:18 AM

The bill is only racist if you interject race into the bill. No where in the bill is race or color of ones skin mentioned.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:24 AM

20 posts, read 60,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballakev View Post
So according to you, its alright if a specific group of individuals comes into the US illegally while other groups of individuals must patiently wait in line in order to legally immigrate into the US? What gives these people precedence over others who are trying to come into the US legally for a better standard of living?
Yes.

Well for starters, it's their land.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:48 AM

94 posts, read 318,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Mexico might sanction Arizona for this , my Mexican Friend says. You don't want to Pis* of Mexico , because they'll just more over the border. My Mexican friend , said alot of his neighbors were chanting anti-American slurs in the streets and burning Arizona flags You really have done it now , he thinks a race war is brewing in Arizona.....
Maybe, if we are really lucky, Mexico will build a big wall on the border to keep us out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona