Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 12:05 AM

369 posts, read 1,302,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
Well, the city officials can stop bragging that Bryant AR made the CNN"s annual top 100 places to live in the US. This year, the city is completely off the list. In fact, the only AR city to show up on this year's list is Rogers, in the top ten even! Not surprisely, Texas shows up a lot on the list, and CT gets several spots.

Bryant has just grown stagnent and overcrowded. One of the main grocery stores went out of business leaving residents with only Walmart and over priced Harps as food sources.
You know better than to place any stock in a poll that is titled "Best Places to Live". It is all based on opinion which is why one poll will have a community in the top 10, and another poll won't even have the community on their list at all. All you have to do is look at the actual numbers of Saline County(Benton and Bryant) and you'll realize that the area definetely has not "grown stagnant" and the numbers over the past few years also suggest that the area is not even close to being "overcrowded".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2010, 04:32 AM

111 posts, read 391,206 times
Hey Dave, maybe if you move you personally can get it back in the top 10.

Old 07-15-2010, 05:27 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I have a sister who lives in Flower Mound. She likes it there although it is getting crowded.
Our daughter lives in Highland Village and her kids all went to Marcus High School. Many of her friends live in Flower Mound; we went to a great church therre for several years. It is a delightful town, but the crowds are getting worse and worse. The traffic is out of this world. As I mentioned, our oldest granddaughter always thought she would return to Texas, but now, after living in a small state she sees things differently. Her little sister still says she wants to move back, but again, we will see how she feels in a few years. Right now she can't leave AR.

Nita

Old 07-15-2010, 11:14 AM

511 posts, read 799,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
These polls and studies differ so much from year to year it isn't funny. Last year Money magazine had Rio Rancho NM rated in the top 10 and this raked number 51. How much can a small city change in one year.

Texas does have a huge number, 4 to be exact: for a state the size of Texas that is nothing to shout about and I didn't see your home town on that list. Except for the weather, Texas is a great place to live, just like NM and AR. Look at the qualifiers in this case? The bigger the state the more cities fall into the catagory. AR isn't exactly the heaviestly populated state in the union, now the largest in area. Being a rural state it consists of many small, towns and lot a bunch of large cities.

You mention Byant being over crowded and yet in the same posting tell us a super market went out of business; isn't that slightly conterdicting yourself. If it is over crowded and the stroe was decent it should be packed with people. If it is over crowded doesn't that indicate people a anxious to live there? Just think when you finally leave the city won't be nearly as crowded.

We all love it when our city shows up on any of these lists, but they mean almost nothing..heck Forbes lists change every few months, not yearly.

Nita

The overcrowding is nothing more than bleed out from people who don't want to live in LR. The city has nothing to offer. A run down park, few restaurants, Target and Best Buy. Meanwhile, congestion on the roads continues to be a major problem. Another sign of overcrowding is long waits for basic services. I can expect to spend 2-3 hours to go see my doctor or get my eyes checked. I was also told that I would have to wait 3 months before the local dentist could fit me in for a crown fitting.

Thanks to living in Bryant, I have to wear outdated prescription glasses due to the enormous expense here (same glasses cost me $400 in Texas, $900 here!), and tooth pain.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimballette View Post
Welcome back, Mr. Congeniality! We have missed your contributions!
I'm sure you did.

Old 07-15-2010, 11:59 AM

Quote:
The overcrowding is nothing more than bleed out from people who don't want to live in LR. The city has nothing to offer. A run down park, few restaurants, Target and Best Buy. Meanwhile, congestion on the roads continues to be a major problem. Another sign of overcrowding is long waits for basic services. I can expect to spend 2-3 hours to go see my doctor or get my eyes checked. I was also told that I would have to wait 3 months before the local dentist could fit me in for a crown fitting.

Thanks to living in Bryant, I have to wear outdated prescription glasses due to the enormous expense here (same glasses cost me $400 in Texas, $900 here!), and tooth pain.
you have told us all the crap before: So, first find another dentist, or are you saying this is the only one in the town? Have you heard of finding another town or dentist close by? About a year ago when you went to the eye doctors you were griping the glasses were going to cost an arm and a leg, but you certainly didn't say $900. It looks like that was one of your posts that got deleted.

Now you are saying you only have Target for shopping, when just yesterday you said only Wal-Mart and Harps.. Did they both close down overnight?

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 07-15-2010 at 12:25 PM..

Old 07-15-2010, 12:09 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,632,328 times
Quote:
Our daughter lives in Highland Village and her kids all went to Marcus High School. Many of her friends live in Flower Mound; we went to a great church therre for several years. It is a delightful town, but the crowds are getting worse and worse. The traffic is out of this world. As I mentioned, our oldest granddaughter always thought she would return to Texas, but now, after living in a small state she sees things differently. Her little sister still says she wants to move back, but again, we will see how she feels in a few years. Right now she can't leave AR.

Nita
I visited her once and getting in and out of Flower Mound is a mess. However, it is a nice area. Plenty of things to do and many places to go.

Old 07-15-2010, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
I visited her once and getting in and out of Flower Mound is a mess. However, it is a nice area. Plenty of things to do and many places to go.
and wonderfully maintained neighborhoods. Oh, I love visiting my daugher but I would never want to live in the area again. They have watched it grow from nothing to one mess of cars. I think the thing I love the most: all the great places to eat, form mom and pop to the usual chains.

Nita

Old 07-16-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
you have told us all the crap before: So, first find another dentist, or are you saying this is the only one in the town? Have you heard of finding another town or dentist close by? About a year ago when you went to the eye doctors you were griping the glasses were going to cost an arm and a leg, but you certainly didn't say $900. It looks like that was one of your posts that got deleted.

Now you are saying you only have Target for shopping, when just yesterday you said only Wal-Mart and Harps.. Did they both close down overnight?

Nita

Target don't sell fruit.

Old 07-16-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Target don't sell fruit.
who said anything about fruit. You mentioned in your first posting on this dumb subject the only place to shop now was Wal-mart and Harps. then yesterday you said the only stores in Bryant are Best Buy and Target. So I wanted to know, what happened to Wal-Mart, did they go out of business overnight?

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas