Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 06:13 AM

9,803 posts, read 16,191,954 times

Advertisements

Done research and visited many places in the south.

Hard to find green in the south w/o humidity.
I couldn't live the summers in a brown, low humidity, desert climate as it would be too depressing.

Rather battle the humidity and see things growing in the summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 08:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Done research and visited many places in the south.

Hard to find green in the south w/o humidity.
I couldn't live the summers in a brown, low humidity, desert climate as it would be too depressing.

Rather battle the humidity and see things growing in the summer.
you got it, there are a couple of choices: one live with the humidity and enjoy the green surroundings: 2-enjoy the dry desert summers (high desert isn't all that hot) but give up the beauty of the trees etc or 3-live where there is little humidity and water daily, having waters bills over 100 bucks a month.

Nita

Old 07-31-2010, 09:26 AM

42 posts, read 58,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Wold View Post
Thinking about moving to the Bull Shoals area as a friend of mine is their and housing prices are like dropping like flies.
BUT, the humidity could be a problem...
How do folks handle it down their....

HW
Btw if he did mean the great state of Alaska (AK). This morning it's a balmy 58 degrees and raining in the Mta-Su valley. That' s about forty miles north of Anchorage. Which contains the City of Wasilla, and our famous former Mayor, Sarah Palin.

Old 07-31-2010, 10:24 PM

2,023 posts, read 5,313,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Well the humidity and dew point I would agree with but the long hot summers, wow!!! I don't know how many places you have lived but I wouldn't call summer in AR, at least not NWA long at all. We rarely turn our A/C on until June or there abouts and it will go off in about 4 or 5 more weeks. Most of April,May,Sept, and Oct we don't use either heat or air. That wasn't the case in VA, TX or NM.

Nita
The solar radiation from the sun at this latitude is very intense and quite uncomfortable to me and yes, month after month of afternoon highs commonly in the 90s or above is definately a long and hot warm season. It gets so hot that I see people get cabin fever here in the summer with heat waves like the one we have now.

Old 08-01-2010, 05:06 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
The solar radiation from the sun at this latitude is very intense and quite uncomfortable to me and yes, month after month of afternoon highs commonly in the 90s or above is definately a long and hot warm season. It gets so hot that I see people get cabin fever here in the summer with heat waves like the one we have now.
wow, I think we are talking overall, not this summer. Yes, this is an awful summer. Even watering my garden isn't helping, I have lost a lot. I am talking overall and compared to further south our heat isn't nearly as bad. We have lived in Dallas and we have visited Phoenix in the summer as well as Laughlin and Vegas (many times)

Now, lets hope this crap is over in a few weeks. I hate it.

NIta
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas