Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2013, 12:23 PM

511 posts, read 799,456 times

Advertisements

I love exploring new places, and recently enjoyed a fun day trip to this little town called Scott. Scott is just outside of Little Rock metro, south of the airport. We enjoyed a nice country drive to an old fashioned general store called Cothams Mercantile. I found out about Cothams a few months ago when I called a Man vs Food rerun, and they actually had a episode filmed there. Famous for their hubcap burgers which are huge.

This was my kind of place. It looks like American Pickers paradise inside with just tons of ambiance. I ordered a regular burger and fries with a side of fried green tomatoes. The food was definitely worth the drive. Great place to eat and take the family. On down the road, we went to the Toltec indian mounds. The park only cost 5 bucks for a tour guided tram ride around the trail. Our guide gave us a lot of insight into the culture and the indian mounds. If you like ancient history and archaeology, this is a great place to check out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 12:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
I love exploring new places, and recently enjoyed a fun day trip to this little town called Scott. Scott is just outside of Little Rock metro, south of the airport. We enjoyed a nice country drive to an old fashioned general store called Cothams Mercantile. I found out about Cothams a few months ago when I called a Man vs Food rerun, and they actually had a episode filmed there. Famous for their hubcap burgers which are huge.

This was my kind of place. It looks like American Pickers paradise inside with just tons of ambiance. I ordered a regular burger and fries with a side of fried green tomatoes. The food was definitely worth the drive. Great place to eat and take the family. On down the road, we went to the Toltec indian mounds. The park only cost 5 bucks for a tour guided tram ride around the trail. Our guide gave us a lot of insight into the culture and the indian mounds. If you like ancient history and archaeology, this is a great place to check out.
good to know, how far outside of Little Rock is it? There are lots of small, quaint towns in AR most are not aware of.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:25 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,380,382 times
Dave, so happy you have discovered another of our 'Hidden Secrets'. Your next trip, if you have time and are interested is such, check out the antique stores. They have lots of old, quality, stuff.

nmnita, Scott is on US 165 South about 10 miles southeast of North Little Rock.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:40 PM

4,901 posts, read 8,752,582 times
I've read about that place and their hubcap burgers....I'm thinking it was in Southern Living magazine. I remember showing it to my mom and telling her we needed to check it out some time. I could never eat a whole hubcap burger, but maybe they would let me split one with my hubby.

The Google street view shows some really neat old farm buildings in the area also....a couple of cool old barns, silos, and also a neat brick building at the "Y" in the road that looks old. It's hard to tell on those old grainy Google pictures....the new ones sure are crisp and clear! Sure wish they had them done all over Arkansas because it's the only way I've been able to travel up there lately.

Old 09-01-2013, 04:42 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,868,731 times
Their hubcap burgers and home made onion rings are the best on the planet.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:36 PM

2,457 posts, read 7,380,382 times
Also, there is/was a place in one of the old store buildings which served pie and sandwiches. I don't remember the name but when I was there years ago I left STUFFED

There is also the Plantation Museum State Park which has many old farm tools on display.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:31 PM

Pie? My mom and husband are always looking for pie when we're in Arkansas!

That's what that old brick building is....the Plantation Museum. Now that I know, I can read the sign. That would be interesting.

That Plantation Settlement thing looks cool also. And there is some kind of farm market, too....at least it is in the old google pictures from 2007.

This is interesting info on the community on arkansas.com:

Scott - Scott Arkansas - Scott AR

Old 09-03-2013, 08:36 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,910,840 times
Occasionally, we would take a long lunch from downtown LR out to Cotham's. At one point there was a Cotham's In The City restaurant also. The food was almost the same quality without the long drive. On many visits, I have finished a hubcap burger.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:55 AM

Their web site still shows a "Cotham's in the City" at the corner of 3rd and Victory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas