Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2007, 06:24 PM

8 posts, read 44,986 times

Advertisements

Hey. How are you everyone.

Why a Holiday Island lot is very cheap? Oh, there is one that is for sale for $7000.00 to 8000.00 (.51 acre); it is residential/commercial zone. This sounds perfect to me. The price sounds unbelievable for Holiday Island. My friends in Southern California laugh at me that I must be just joking. There's plenty around $10000 to $25000 also.

Where do the residents of Holiday Island shop? In the chamber of commerce website there are only 4 retail stores. That is unbelievable, doesn't it? Don't you think I will open one there? How is business there?

I hope to hear some replies. Thank you for replying my dear ones...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 07:51 AM

1 posts, read 2,622 times
Default Holiday Island, Arkansas

I am an Englishman, Living in Daytona Beach Florida. My favorite place (I have travelled extensivly throughout the world) is the Lake District in the North West of England. I would give everything I ever owned to live and die there. It is however almost impossible to do so because most of it is a National Park and new building is out.

The next best place is Holiday Island, in N.W. Arkansas. A gated community in the Ozark mountains, it is the next best place to the English Lakes.
The community is very peaceful, it is situated on Table Rock Lake that is stuffed with Bass and other great fish, the in community golf course is great (I do not fish or golf). The sceneary is wonderful and the weather very temperate. There are NO stores within the community but a small cluster of local stores is situated at the entrance to the village. The supermarket is well stocked and reasonably priced the hardware shop is great and has everything you would ever need. Several really good restaurants are also there together with a gas station and banks.
If you need a Walmart (and who dosn't) you are about 30 minutes drive to Bentonville, the headquarters of the worlds largest retailer.

One hour away to the north is Branson, Missouri if you are into music and entertainment and both Springfield, Mo and Rogers, Ar are all within an hours drive.

Eureka Springs is also local to the community, about 6 or 7 miles away and is a great place for a day out. Weeeds are busy at the springs, I like to go midweek.

I have land, unbilt on as yet in Indian Hills, a area of Holiday Island. It is on the side of a small mountain overlooking another similar hill and is covered in trees. The lake is 5 minutes away and there is a nice marina where you can launch your boat or rent one if fishing is your passion.

The folks that live in the community are from all over the place, all very friendly and passionate about their new abodes.

Bottom Line,
A great place to live, relax and get away from the hustle and bustle and crime in the big cities. All the lots have water lines, sewage , cable TV and phones built in, No overhead ugly power cables.

If you are going to visit the area and fly in, the usual air port is Fayetteville, NW Arkansas Reginal ( about 1 hour drive, Delta and several other carriers service the airport. Cost from Daytona (round trip is $590) BUT if you live in a city near to an airport served by Alliegiant Air, they offer great rates to Springfield, Mo ( about an hour away.) I recently changed my carrier to them. They fly from Sanford-Orlando 20 minutes from Daytona and Orlando and paid just $69 dollars pplus taxes eech way.

Service was minimal, no peanuts or magazines and $10 per checked bag, but hey, for a two hour flight who needs to pay $590.

If you are going for the weekend, go stay in the Island Motel on Woodside Drive.

Large rooms, very quite, not luxurious but clean and safe and the beds were as comfortable as any. Loved the place, staff are great and friendly and the (not included breakfast superb) at about $40 a night the place is fabulous value. Breakfast was Bacon, eggs, sausage and buiscuits and gravy all for 6 bucks. Unbelievable quality and quantity.

Any questions comments, email me at [EMAIL="dessinc@gmail.com"]dessinc@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

Have a great time there.

Ian Hargraves

Old 07-16-2008, 02:11 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,858,478 times
Bella Vista is still the best investment in the country. The area is booming, and there are prime lots to be had for around $12,000. I've talked to several Londoners relocating to Bella Vista.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas