Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 05:30 PM

340 posts, read 516,236 times

Advertisements

Here is the link

http://youtu.be/PrSV2p8eLL0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2015, 05:33 PM

340 posts, read 516,236 times
Somebody was asking about housing for $150K.

A house near me just went on the market for that very amount, 3 bed, 3 bath, 2400 sq ft.

In Hot Springs Village.

Old 11-19-2015, 06:08 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
Nice!

Old 11-19-2015, 07:19 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,846,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnelson1 View Post
Now I'm sad I didn't contact you while I was there, I would of loved to see that. Maybe soon we can go hiking or something!

Old 09-24-2017, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 910 times
Great post. This helps make my decision to move there easier. Living in FL hate it here. Thanks again. Todd

Old 09-24-2017, 08:26 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,447,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexxoss View Post
Great post. This helps make my decision to move there easier. Living in FL hate it here. Thanks again. Todd
Todd, my original post is 2 years old. We tried time and again to move to Arkansas, but were horrified to discover how low wages were there, to the point we just could not do it. Hot Springs in particular has one of the lowest overall wage averages in the entire nation. Keep this in mind if you're still in the workforce. If you can make it happen more power to ya, but with a family of 6 it was impossible for us. I really tried, too. Must have had 6 or 7 interviews at least spanning Little Rock all the way up to Bentonville.

We ended up moving to Minnesota and are happy here, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Arkansas. Maybe someday, some way....

Old 10-04-2017, 07:16 AM

443 posts, read 1,567,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
This was going to be my advice as well. Hot Springs is outstanding, but the Talimena scenic drive is rather unparalleled. I would say better than the blue ridge parkway in terms of consistent vista views and with a lot less traffic. There is a beautiful lake along the way in Oklahoma called Sardis Lake. 2 1/2 hours from Frisco and it is totally undeveloped with the exception of a corps of engineers park and a Boy Scout camp. From there you can continue to The Queen Wilhelmina lodge on top of the 2600 foot Rich Mountain, it is located along the Talimeana Scenic drive.

I grew up in Texas and even I grow tired of the landscape in Dallas. I'm looking for the right location to move in Arkansas if I can make it work fiscally.

Old 10-04-2017, 05:30 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,915,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyryztoll View Post
Todd, my original post is 2 years old. We tried time and again to move to Arkansas, but were horrified to discover how low wages were there, to the point we just could not do it. Hot Springs in particular has one of the lowest overall wage averages in the entire nation. Keep this in mind if you're still in the workforce. If you can make it happen more power to ya, but with a family of 6 it was impossible for us. I really tried, too. Must have had 6 or 7 interviews at least spanning Little Rock all the way up to Bentonville.

We ended up moving to Minnesota and are happy here, but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think about Arkansas. Maybe someday, some way....
Yep, lowest wages, and high COL due to tourist. Live their all my life, till move to TX for better work and more pay, then get rape by its high COL as well.. Downside is the wage i am making now is on par with the nation, that arkansas business wont match.

Tx Pay with Arkansas COL then we will be in business.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Yep, lowest wages, and high COL due to tourist. Live their all my life, till move to TX for better work and more pay, then get rape by its high COL as well.. Downside is the wage i am making now is on par with the nation, that arkansas business wont match.

Tx Pay with Arkansas COL then we will be in business.
I guess we all have our own ideas on COL. We have found the COL in NWA, not Hot Springs, to be much lower than almost anywhere we have lived including the DFW area. As for salaries it depends a lot on what field you are in. Our granddaughter is a nurse practitioner and could make more money in Texas but the property taxes and insurance plus cost of child care would eat up every penny plus some. Our grandson in law is making, as an accountant just about the same as in Texas. So it does depend on a lot of things, but COL living here is certainly lower than in the metro areas of Texas. Property alone is about 1/3 less, so are taxes. food is probably the same or a little higher here. I don't have any idea what part of Texas you are living in or what field you are in, you haven't mentioned that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas