Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 03:43 PM

264 posts, read 1,151,364 times

Advertisements

Hello, does anyone have any experience with any spooky tales or places to see in Arkansas? Anything on the Gurdon Lights, Crossett Lights, Fouke Monster? Are there other "haunted" places to go and see across the state. We were thinking of going to Fouke and snooping around, or Gurdon to try and see the lights. Are these tales true or just hoaxes? Is there actually something to do involving these tales. Like say, a place to go and see any lights in Crossett or Gurdon, or a place to see the "Fouke Monster". Are they worth seeing or are there even better places? Might be a cool experience for the kids y' know. Thanks

Old 02-25-2008, 10:07 PM

452 posts, read 1,640,200 times
Peel House in Bentonville is haunted, Ghost Hollow in Fayetteville( the woods south of the confederate cemetery) is haunted ......The Tilly Willy Bridge near Lake Wilson in Fayetteville is haunted..........those are just a few in NW Arkansas

Old 02-26-2008, 12:21 AM

395 posts, read 1,363,693 times
Eureka Springs has haunted house you can stay at..
You may want to check out eurekascreams.com
That site is for a show sort of thing, BUT there are links and info there you may find useful.

Old 02-26-2008, 04:01 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,946,863 times
Yes the area around the confederate cemetary in Fayetteville is pretty spooky! Especially at night, because ya know "they only come out at night!!"

Old 02-26-2008, 08:35 AM

2,370 posts, read 7,759,851 times
The Dover Lights.

Old 02-26-2008, 10:53 AM

16 posts, read 105,398 times
I have seen the Gurdon and Crossett lights and it is worth it! I've been to see the light in Crossett several times and was never disappointed. The Gurdon lights are going to take some assistance from a local or someone that is familiar with them because you have to walk about a mile (maybe less) down the tracks to a specific spot. (And it can be tricky in the dark if you don't know where you're going). I know of couple a of other places that are VERY haunted but it's illegal to be there. So, if you want that info, just pm me.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:27 PM

686 posts, read 3,716,090 times
Hi there, I was in Clarksville and Hartman, AR in July 2005. I can relay two things I experienced there that freaked me out.

The fist was when my friend and I were driving from her work in Clarksville to her Grandma's house in Hartman. We were near this brick mill or somethin, and I noticed this lady in a dress walking across the roadway ahead. I yelled to my friend who was on the phone and told her what I saw. She never saw a thing. (Though she told me that whenever she drives by the spot she gets very uneasy and doesn't like the feeling.) She actually came to the the house I was at around 11 PM to pick me up because she didn't want to go by there alone. We drove upon the spot where the ghost walking into and I looked into the tiny patch or woods where she walked into and there was no one there. This is about 400 feet from my friends Grandma's house!!

Also next to her grandma's house is this church with a house in front. The house looks abandoned so I asked my friend and her grandma why it was that way. They both looked at me and told me that for some reason, people move in there but then hurry up and leave. I don't know if the two incidents coincide with each other, but they freaked me out. Especially when your in the middle of nowhere.

Another place I've heard is haunted but not sure if it is, is this cemetary as your driving to Lamar, AR from the interstate. You go through Coal Hill. It's a small cemetery and it was freaky because you had the gravestones and the FOG was just so thick. It scared the crap out of me.!!

Daniel

Old 02-26-2008, 03:10 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN-rox View Post
Hello, does anyone have any experience with any spooky tales or places to see in Arkansas? Anything on the Gurdon Lights, Crossett Lights, Fouke Monster? Are there other "haunted" places to go and see across the state. We were thinking of going to Fouke and snooping around, or Gurdon to try and see the lights. Are these tales true or just hoaxes? Is there actually something to do involving these tales. Like say, a place to go and see any lights in Crossett or Gurdon, or a place to see the "Fouke Monster". Are they worth seeing or are there even better places? Might be a cool experience for the kids y' know. Thanks
It is said their is a ghost in the old Hardy hotel, They even had the ghost hunters their about a year ago.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:46 PM

564 posts, read 2,341,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel_T View Post
Hi there, I was in Clarksville and Hartman, AR in July 2005. I can relay two things I experienced there that freaked me out.

The fist was when my friend and I were driving from her work in Clarksville to her Grandma's house in Hartman. We were near this brick mill or somethin, and I noticed this lady in a dress walking across the roadway ahead. I yelled to my friend who was on the phone and told her what I saw. She never saw a thing. (Though she told me that whenever she drives by the spot she gets very uneasy and doesn't like the feeling.) She actually came to the the house I was at around 11 PM to pick me up because she didn't want to go by there alone. We drove upon the spot where the ghost walking into and I looked into the tiny patch or woods where she walked into and there was no one there. This is about 400 feet from my friends Grandma's house!!

Also next to her grandma's house is this church with a house in front. The house looks abandoned so I asked my friend and her grandma why it was that way. They both looked at me and told me that for some reason, people move in there but then hurry up and leave. I don't know if the two incidents coincide with each other, but they freaked me out. Especially when your in the middle of nowhere.

Another place I've heard is haunted but not sure if it is, is this cemetary as your driving to Lamar, AR from the interstate. You go through Coal Hill. It's a small cemetery and it was freaky because you had the gravestones and the FOG was just so thick. It scared the crap out of me.!!

Daniel
I drove by this every single day during the daytime...I've gotta check it out at night now, hahah...

Old 02-26-2008, 11:47 PM

686 posts, read 3,716,090 times
yeah, it's that creepy place right there near Eureka Rd & E Main St (64) in Lamar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas