Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 05:54 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,652,779 times

Advertisements

Travel Channel, Man vs Food, Casey Webb was at the Ozark Cafe today in Jasper. I don't know if there were any other Travel Channel visitors to Jasper but I do know that Jasper had asked all business fronts to prepare and decorate for the Travel Channel's visit. They did some extra lighting and had carolers at the courthouse square. The Man vs Food episode is supposed to come on in February.

Jasper is a great little Ozark town. For all those who like exploring the state, you have to go through this area. I have to add that the Ozark Cafe really does have great food. They make all their own food and have the best hamburgers around. When you order the fresh cut fries, they actually do cut the fries for your order. Yummm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2017, 07:00 PM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
How cool is that! Been there, can't wait to see that episode.

Old 12-03-2017, 09:12 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,403,751 times
I love the Newton county area. Only made my annual trip in May this year, but plan to improve on that next year. I got my start on exploring Newton county, by camping at erbie over 25 years ago. Almost every time I visit, I travel a different road, hike a new trail, float the buffalo, but Jasper has always been where we buy groceries, gas, and shop the locals. (We stayed at Gordon's motel one year, when the storms and high water ran us out of erbie. Now, with Ernie closed and our age, we just rent a place)

Hollynla, I envy you!

Old 12-04-2017, 08:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollynla View Post
Travel Channel, Man vs Food, Casey Webb was at the Ozark Cafe today in Jasper. I don't know if there were any other Travel Channel visitors to Jasper but I do know that Jasper had asked all business fronts to prepare and decorate for the Travel Channel's visit. They did some extra lighting and had carolers at the courthouse square. The Man vs Food episode is supposed to come on in February.

Jasper is a great little Ozark town. For all those who like exploring the state, you have to go through this area. I have to add that the Ozark Cafe really does have great food. They make all their own food and have the best hamburgers around. When you order the fresh cut fries, they actually do cut the fries for your order. Yummm.
wow thanks. I think we will try and watch it later today. We get Man versus food about 4 or 5pm, not everyday but will check today.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:51 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,755,652 times
Those fries are good!

I must confess, I wish no one else knew about Jasper. I'd love to buy a place there someday and love the slow pace, the relatively unspoiled small-town life. A big influx of "furriners" (lol...the irony is that I am one) might ruin the place. I know tourism dollars are good for the area, though. It's a Catch-22.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvvarkansas View Post
Those fries are good!

I must confess, I wish no one else knew about Jasper. I'd love to buy a place there someday and love the slow pace, the relatively unspoiled small-town life. A big influx of "furriners" (lol...the irony is that I am one) might ruin the place. I know tourism dollars are good for the area, though. It's a Catch-22.
While we do get lots of vacationers passing through the area or even staying for a few days, I don't think there will ever be a big influx of people moving in. The main reason is there isn't much employment within decent driving distance, so unless you work for yourself, it's not a good location for many. Secondly, there are so many who *think* they want to live remote and secluded until the realtor (me) takes them to properties that are remote and secluded. Then they change their mind and move to Vegas.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:12 PM

383 posts, read 400,262 times
Lets face it, one can achieve the same level of remote living and be conveniently closer to a broader range of fishing experiences a little further north. After all, fishing is pretty much what life is all about .

We considered checking out Jasper, but found everything we could want north of 62/412. Eureka Springs to Mountain Home is loaded with remote living and closer access to services and most importantly "fishin" .

I have no doubt Jasper is a cool little town. Also, it is the headwaters of the Buffalo.

Old 12-04-2017, 05:22 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,329,241 times
Definitely will have to check that area out and try one of those Ozark Cafe burgers.

Old 12-05-2017, 07:53 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Disappointed it was not on later in the day. Usually they do repeat, but not this time.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Disappointed it was not on later in the day. Usually they do repeat, but not this time.
The episode that was done in Jasper won't show until February.

I'm also wondering if the Travel Channel was also doing another show while in Jasper. I remember some mention of Christmas light tour and Jasper and that they would be here on December 3rd, I didn't know they were doing a show at the ozark cafe on that date also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas