Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 08:21 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/us/arkansas-...eadly-incident

On Saturday, December 7, 2019 at approximately 9:42 PM, gun shots were heard behind the Fayetteville Police Department. Officers inside the police department immediately responded and heard additional gunshots. Officers located an armed suspect directly behind the police department, later identified as London T. Phillips 35 of Fayetteville. The armed suspect had a confrontation with officers resulting in the officers f...iring their weapons at the suspect. Directly following the shooting officers located Officer Stephen Carr shot inside his patrol vehicle, while parked at the police department.
Officers immediately rendered aid to both the officer and suspect. At approximately 9:45PM, Fayetteville Fire Department and Central EMS arrived on scene and began life saving efforts for both the officer and suspect. Both the wounded officer and suspect succumbed to their injuries and died at the scene.
Evidence shows that Officer Carr was ambushed and executed while sitting in his patrol vehicle. Preliminary investigation also shows that two officers, whose names will not be released at this time fired at the suspect. These officers have been placed on paid administrative leave in compliance with city and police department policy until the Chief of Police is able to review the findings of the investigation. The Fayetteville Police Department has requested that the Washington County Sheriff’s Office, and the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) conduct an independent investigation. These are the details as we know them at this time. As more information comes to light we will make that available.
Officer Stephen Carr was hired at the Fayetteville Police Department in April of 2017. Officer Carr was assigned as a patrol officer, currently working in the Dickson street entertainment district. He served our community with dedication and professionalism for the past 2 ½ years, he is a HERO. We would like to thank our community for their outpouring of support, along with our local, state, and federal law enforcement partners for their quick response and assistance. Our thoughts and prayers are with Officer Carr’s family during this tragic time.

Horrible just horrible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2019, 04:43 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,648,652 times
This is so very sad, the officer who was killed was just in his patrol car waiting for another officer and was shot and killed. He was so young too, 27.

Old 12-09-2019, 04:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
why so much hatred for our police? I wonder how many realize what the do for us and it isn't an easy life. My heart goes out to those who serve us: police, EMTs, and military. No one deserves to lose their life this way.

Old 12-09-2019, 06:37 AM

1,665 posts, read 973,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
why so much hatred for our police? I wonder how many realize what the do for us and it isn't an easy life. My heart goes out to those who serve us: police, EMTs, and military. No one deserves to lose their life this way.

Black lives matter. Goes way before that movement too.

People, at an early age, was instilled fear of the police. All these "parents" telling the child, "you better be good or the goodwill come take you away". Always stressing the negatives of cops. Never the good. Hardly ever hear of police spending time with at risk kids, playing basketball, in the street, IN UNIFORM. Yes, that makes the headlines, but negatively rules the roost, so to speak.

People engaging in criminal activity..."I'm not going back to jail, we'll have a shootout" or what have you. Thing is, if you don't want to go back to jail, you're in charge of YOUR own destiny. Nobody is making you break the laws...

I can go on, but we all know what is what. Sadly, people die just doing their jobs. And sadly, the crooked cops are the roots of most problems about why so much hatred towards all cops.

Old 12-09-2019, 07:26 AM

Don't forget about us firefighters. I've read about people shooting our brothers and sisters while responding to house fires. To save people and property. It's just sad for everyone that wears a badge.

Old 12-09-2019, 08:30 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times
I've worked with that department, and this officer was waiting for his partner to foot patrol Dickson Street. These things just don't happen in Fayetteville. Everyone is just shocked and in disbelief.

Old 12-09-2019, 12:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanGuitarist View Post
Don't forget about us firefighters. I've read about people shooting our brothers and sisters while responding to house fires. To save people and property. It's just sad for everyone that wears a badge.
When I mentioned EMT I was including the firefighters Oh and yes, the few bad apples in the police dept doesn't help, but that is just a very small part of the problem in my opinion.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:34 PM

6,772 posts, read 4,509,156 times
I'm a North Carolinian and just saw this on a news report here in the Charlotte area. So sad to hear this. Prayers for this officer's family, friends, fellow officers, and the entire community.

Old 12-09-2019, 01:58 PM

Post #4, goodwill supposed to be cops. Oops, just caught my eye...

Old 12-09-2019, 03:11 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,553,563 times
Weird place for a shootout - this guy just walked onto the parking lot and started blasting cops?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: