Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2020, 01:08 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Well, if they are Democrat, in their 40's, in Texas (this assumes they are from Texas, but not from Vidor. ) they are either pretty liberal, or Leftist.

The point may be moot, as the OP seems to have gone missing, not only from the thread, but from the forum. Hope he is well.
Guess we have another poster that just likes to have fun with us. It seems to happen all the time. Why anyone bothers I will never know. There are so many good conversations and discussions that we can all be part of here on CD why bother to post a useless question or make something up just to stir the pot or whatever they are trying to do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2020, 03:41 PM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
This is from the 1st post: "They are leaving a small community due to venomous hate over politics"

Read some of the posts on this thread....it's no wonder the OP has never come back....they have probably moved on to a less venomous area of the country to query... they'll never know that all Arkies do not behave that way. That's the trouble with first impressions....they tend to leave a lasting mark.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 09-25-2020, 04:21 PM

8,924 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Guess we have another poster that just likes to have fun with us. It seems to happen all the time. Why anyone bothers I will never know. There are so many good conversations and discussions that we can all be part of here on CD why bother to post a useless question or make something up just to stir the pot or whatever they are trying to do
The OP has dropped out of sight from time to time, before.
I don't think it was deliberately to stir the pot, but rather,
the pattern looks like someone who never knows what
their schedule will look like, until it happens.

(That was me, in the late 80's, and again 2013-2016)

Old 09-26-2020, 05:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
The OP has dropped out of sight from time to time, before.
I don't think it was deliberately to stir the pot, but rather,
the pattern looks like someone who never knows what
their schedule will look like, until it happens.

(That was me, in the late 80's, and again 2013-2016)
Who knows, you could be right. I just thought, even the original post made me start thinking about whether he was for real? Why wouldn't a couple the age OP is referring to be doing their own research?

Old 09-26-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Who knows, you could be right. I just thought, even the original post made me start thinking about whether he was for real? Why wouldn't a couple the age OP is referring to be doing their own research?
You would think so, but even among the middle aged people, only a small percentage of the population know how to use forums. Most are just facebook, shopping and gaming.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:46 AM

275 posts, read 420,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texas7 View Post
Trying to help an age 40-ish couple Find a safe but lower priced home to move Into and this seems doable. Question - how are the politics - can they find a mix of both parties ? They are leaving a small community due to venomous hate over politics - they are democrats but not vocal about it, no signage etc. but looking to avoid racist and divisive politics. Kind of live and let live environment.
Perhaps your intended meaning of politics is not clear. Do you mean strictly Democrat versus Republican politics? You say racist and divisive politics and perhaps that is not strictly Democrat versus Republican. The kind of responses that are common in these forums are probably examples of what you are attempting to avoid.

Old 09-26-2020, 10:49 AM

275 posts, read 420,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
This is from the 1st post: "They are leaving a small community due to venomous hate over politics"

Read some of the posts on this thread....it's no wonder the OP has never come back....they have probably moved on to a less venomous area of the country to query... they'll never know that all Arkies do not behave that way. That's the trouble with first impressions....they tend to leave a lasting mark.

Regards
Gemstone1
That seems very possible. The replies in these forums can be very venomous and the moderators are supportive of that.

Old 09-26-2020, 04:22 PM

383 posts, read 399,557 times
Exactly what part of the Country is politics less venomous?

Old 09-27-2020, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by explorearkansas View Post
Exactly what part of the Country is politics less venomous?
Ignore the little bass boats with the little electric motors.

Old 09-30-2020, 08:35 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffAtkins View Post
I doubt many of the rioters are voting Republican. I doubt many of the "defund the police" are Republican. I doubt there are any Republican shouting down Liberal speakers on College campuses. We've seen the American Nazis out in full force this year, and they're not voting for Trump. So yeah, Demorats are pretty venomous.
I doubt if many of the Proud Boys and Three Percenters are voting Democratic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas