Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 12:23 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times

Advertisements

I am an avid reader of Arkansas Times and they are encouraging their readers to spend at least $100 of their Christmas money at a locally owned business.
Do any of you have any favorite locally owned businesses?

I like the feeling of knowing most of my money will be kept in the state.

This holiday season, I am looking for books and boards games for my little sister. I checked out Toy Up's website but their book selection was slim and the board games were not what I wanted.

I plan on going to Bath Junkie for a few gifts but beyond that, I don't know a lot of locally owned businesses and I don't really have the time to go around looking. I live in central AR but those of you who live in other parts of the state, feel free to add your favorite local businesses, it can help other people.

I appreciate the input.

Last edited by PurpleLove08; 12-03-2008 at 12:23 PM.. Reason: Spelling issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2008, 12:37 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,761,797 times
For casual clothing - Houndstooth

There are lots of local craftspeople and artists with fantastic work being displayed in Argenta. For what's really a fabulous deal in arts you can spin by Starving Artist, Argenta Bead Company, Argenta Arts Company, the Baker House, the pottery place (can't remember it's name which is shameful because I've met the guy who owns it but it's right down the street from Starving Artist) and I'm sure several other locations and get a totally unique piece of art. There's a local jewelry maker who does some really unique stuff and she displays her work at the Baker House I think. Why do I single out Argenta and not some of the other areas around Little Rock?? Because I know that most all of the art being hung there is local and done by up and comers and not priced towards the serious collector. The folks operating these establishments are unpretentious, down to earth, and not snobby like some other galleries in the area.

As I think of more local businesses, I'll add them.

Great thread idea, BTW!

Old 12-04-2008, 04:39 PM

350 posts, read 1,288,737 times
I do a fair bit of shopping in the Heights and Hillcrest. You don't always pay more, ever been to the Box Turtle? I buy stuff there for my wife, very cool...

I always thought the Great Southern Sauce Co was a nice place for gifts as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas