Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2009, 08:07 PM

30 posts, read 167,030 times

Advertisements

I have a question on fishing. End of March or early April, I would like to take my son fishing in the White River with a guide, as I have never done that before. I have done lots of lake fishing over the years, but I have never been much of a river fisherman before, but have always wanted to learn and give it a try. Does anyone know a good guide on the White River that they have had a good experience with or know someone who has been happy with their guide service? I would like to keep it close range to Cherokee Village, so maybe from Batesville to the south up and over to Flippin to the west. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 07:17 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,487,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CVer72529 View Post
I have a question on fishing. End of March or early April, I would like to take my son fishing in the White River with a guide, as I have never done that before. I have done lots of lake fishing over the years, but I have never been much of a river fisherman before, but have always wanted to learn and give it a try. Does anyone know a good guide on the White River that they have had a good experience with or know someone who has been happy with their guide service? I would like to keep it close range to Cherokee Village, so maybe from Batesville to the south up and over to Flippin to the west. Thanks in advance!
This would interest me also. I hope you get some answers.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 AM

30 posts, read 167,030 times
Capt Dan,

I found what I was looking for. It sounds good and has come with excellent references who I trust in their judgment. After I go, I'll let you know by private message since nobody else responded.

I would have figured this would have developed into a nice thread, but I guess there's not as many river fishermen in Arkansas as there's claimed to be. Oh well.

If those who thought I may have been asking about someone's favorite, secret spot, that's not what my post asked. I simply asked if anyone knew of a good, knowledgeable guide for river fishing in that area.

Oh well. City Data is good for some things, but not for everything. It seemed in this case, the old fashioned word of mouth and asking around in person definitely trumped and out performed by leaps and bounds the information age of the internet.

Old 03-17-2009, 09:35 AM

1,661 posts, read 5,210,436 times
Quote:
Capt Dan,

I would have figured this would have developed into a nice thread, but I guess there's not as many river fishermen in Arkansas as there's claimed to be. Oh well.
I think there's quite a few, but not that many use guides.

Most everybody I know fishes the White, Spring, and Strawberry now and then, bit it's pretty much just go armed for whatever you're after and make an afternoon of it.

Old 04-10-2009, 08:26 PM

44 posts, read 126,469 times
Quote:

Are you fishing for trout??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas