Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:33 AM

2,406 posts, read 7,900,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Adam is more talented?? He doesn't play a piano or a guitar does he?
This is a singing competition not a guitar playing competition that we are speaking of. And yes Adam is far more talented when it comes to singing.
Did you hear that last song by Kris after he won? It was both painful and embarassing.

But I am sure Adam will be far more successful and sell far more records in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 10:03 AM
pau pau started this thread

45 posts, read 120,837 times
I think Adam is a hunk and he is a fantastic performer. For people like myself who love the outsider, the out of the box, the unusual and shocking person loves Adam. Adam will not be lacking in fame and fortune for sure.

Kris, seems committed, steady and constant in his performance. These are two very unique and different types of styles these men have. Like day and night. I for one loved Adam but this does not say Kris did not deserve to win. The voters and I am of the belief they are much younger than myself which I am 54 liked Kris personality and performance more. But I grew up with Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Jethro Tull, Steppenwolf, Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin and the likes. Adam represented this era of music rebellion and discovery for me.

Kris seems more from the hippy peace days. Maybe there is a message in the results here. Maybe the people who voted wants a predictable world.

Maybe there is something to this after all. definately an interesting thought.

also, Adam had more props than Kris. Adam a better performer than Kris. Kris a better singer than Adam, possibly possibly.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:32 AM

3,110 posts, read 5,383,171 times
Congrats to Arkansas and Kris for the win last night. You showed up in force for him and that's great! Now, be sure and buy his records!

I think both men were very talented in their own way. It's hard to compare them, because they have different styles and different strengths. They were both very gracious, worked very hard, and both deserve all the success in the world. It was a pleasure to watch. And i thought that finale night was amazing. Especially the final duet with Kris and Adam.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:36 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,531,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davachka View Post
This morning there was a radio show and every single person calling in, except for one, said that Adam was the most talented and that he should have won. The only person that called in for Kris said that she and her daughter voted for him because she found out Adam was gay and saw the pics. Adam is more talented, but America is too closed minded to vote for him and lets prejudice get in the way of talent. Sad.
Wow! One person said that and now all of America is close minded.....that's just amazing.

Sound like sore losers to me.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:47 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
I don't think that woman was even being close minded, much less all of America. Since when does standing up for a standard that has been honored for thousands of years, namely the Holy Bible, mean that you are close minded? I get so sick of people being called "close minded", "intolerant", "backwards", etc. just because they believe what is written in the Bible. People, Christians DIDN'T decide that homosexuality was a sin, God did! Sorry, but if you believe in God, you have to take all of the Bible as truth, not just what you want to, or it means nothing. And Christians also have a right to their opinions, do they not? The homosexual judge who prevented Miss California from winning the Miss USA Pageant just because she held different values than him was lauded for pushing his opinion on America. But somehow, Christians are no longer entitled to an opinion, I guess. What a double standard, and how TRULY intolerant!

I will probably be attacked for this post, but I don't care anymore. I am so sick of Christians being labeled as bad guys for having standards. Adam is a great singer and a seemingly likable guy who is living a very sad lifestyle. I feel sorry for him, and did the entire season of AI, just as I felt sorry for Danny Noriega last season. I don't hate either of them, just feel sad for them.

Old 05-22-2009, 07:44 AM

2,814 posts, read 6,869,855 times
Actually, Danny Gokey had the best voice. Adam had the IT factor, and Kris was an all-around cute guy, with a lovely personality and a nice voice. They were all terrific.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:35 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
I don't watch American Idol but of course anytime someone from AR can win something I am really excited. For those of you who are talking about the issue of one being gay or what one person said, I would like to ask you a question, why do so many of these threads have to turn into a discussion about gay versus straight?

Nita

Old 05-22-2009, 05:00 PM

1,661 posts, read 5,206,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
why do so many of these threads have to turn into a discussion about gay versus straight? Nita
Because they don't realize that Harrison was a 'sundown town', Nita.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:03 PM

465 posts, read 1,417,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't watch American Idol but of course anytime someone from AR can win something I am really excited. For those of you who are talking about the issue of one being gay or what one person said, I would like to ask you a question, why do so many of these threads have to turn into a discussion about gay versus straight?

Nita
First one I remember.
I wouldn't worry about Adam to much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
View detailed profiles of: