Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 04:54 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,841,928 times

Advertisements

ok, so they didn't win, a couple of questionable calls and things could have gone the other way, but I think we can all say, they do know how to play with the best!!! They showed up that...what a game.

Those anti Razorback fans will say, it was Fl fault for turning the ball over: true, but could the pressure put on them caused some of the turn overs??

GOOD PLAYING GUYS!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2009, 07:18 AM

602 posts, read 1,517,484 times
Some of those calls weren't even "questionable"! Makes you wonder if the game had been played in Fayetteville would it have turned out differently? The Swamp is an intimidating place especially when you have referees making horrible calls!

Old 10-18-2009, 07:36 AM

4,244 posts, read 8,768,253 times
The refs stole that game away from Arkansas

Old 10-18-2009, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by usc619 View Post
The refs stole that game away from Arkansas
and are you an SC fan? Looking at your name, I thought maybe: next to the Hogs, my heart belongs to USC!!!!!

I agee about the refs, I was trying to be nice, and act like the lady I am not or not always anyway!!!

Nita

Old 10-18-2009, 08:09 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,363,087 times
Comparing that loss to the loss @ Alabama shows that these boys have grown up and gained a lot of confidence. I was very proud of our defense, which has been the sore spot on the team all year. They have came a long way in a few weeks.

Now if we can only get a kicker who doesn't fold in the clutch. I can't think of one big moment when he has came through for us. He has already had the kickoffs taken away from him this year. He has one job: kick field goals. He needs to lose his scholarship so we can use it on someone who will be productive.

Old 10-18-2009, 08:19 AM

163 posts, read 617,067 times
The kicker is the biggest weak spot on the team at the moment. I cringe every time he goes near the ball. And the officials at the game should be handed down indictments as at least 2 of their calls were criminal. I did not realize that all you have to do to get a call for pass interference if you are a receiver is to ask the official for the call, and the flag will be thrown.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:07 AM

1,466 posts, read 4,363,087 times
I hate to blame the refs for a loss, and rarely do, but this game was obvious. Almost every sports journalist across the country has an article out today about how the Gators were given the game because of the refs.

1. The obvious late hit on Mallett when he was laying on the ground.
2. The delay of game in the third quarter that was not called when the Gators made the 51 yard field goal
3. The bs defensive pass interference call against the Hogs.
4. The bs personal foul called against the Hogs when the Gator player was trying to hit us.
5. The offensive pass interference no-call in the endzone that was going to be an interception for the Hogs.

The agenda was clear. I hope those refs get called out by the SEC like the refs int he Georgia-LSU game.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:47 AM

163 posts, read 617,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
The agenda was clear. I hope those refs get called out by the SEC like the refs int he Georgia-LSU game.
What is the likelihood of that happening? There should be repercussions for their actions in order to portray at least the semblance of impartiality.

This is not about sour grapes. If the game ended with the same score but without the 2 obvious wrong calls by the officials, I would say "fair play" to the Gators as they showed mettle in coming back and defeating the Hogs. But when the game is handed to you and the whole country appears to be talking about it, well, that's another matter.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:00 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,890,627 times
The stupid SEC refs once again blew it, and Arkansas lost. The #1 team in the nation and Tebow that the CBS talking heads were drooling over could only win by a field goal.

GOOD GAME HOGS!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Foosball View Post
Comparing that loss to the loss @ Alabama shows that these boys have grown up and gained a lot of confidence. I was very proud of our defense, which has been the sore spot on the team all year. They have came a long way in a few weeks.

Now if we can only get a kicker who doesn't fold in the clutch. I can't think of one big moment when he has came through for us. He has already had the kickoffs taken away from him this year. He has one job: kick field goals. He needs to lose his scholarship so we can use it on someone who will be productive.
yep, one sided refs or not, had our kicker had done his job, we would have been dancining in the streets last night!!!

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas