Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 10:05 PM

35 posts, read 233,110 times

Advertisements

Ok, I finally got a chance to check Hurricane Lake out and I must say there are a lot of beautiful homes in this area. My question is this. What is up with the zoning in AR that allows such a beautiful development to be placed right next to a large mobile home park? Doesn't this cause problems in the area? My wife and I are seriously considering the Benton/Bryant area but it seems like every nice place is right next to a less than desired area. I looked at Longhills Village and it has nice homes as well but the golf course doesn't do the homes justice in my opinion. The places I saw in in Cabot were the same, only much more $$$$$ for what you get and farther away from the interstate. Anyone know any pros or cons on these areas? Or do you know any other places that are nice in close proximity to Benton/Bryant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 04:11 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
That mobile home park has been there in one form or another since the beginning of time, I think....why Hurricane Lake went in there, I will never know. I am not aware of lots of problems, though.

Cabot has excellent schools....that's one of the big draws there.

As far as proximity to Benton/Bryant, have you looked in the Salem/Congo communities in Saline County (there's another Salem in Fulton County)? Another place you might look is Malvern...it won't have ALL the amenities of a more populated area, but it's a very nice little town about 20 mi. away. The Otter Creek area of Little Rock is also in close proximity to both, probably less than 15 miles. There are pools and fitness rooms and whatever there....it's a nice area that has experienced a big boom in growth within the last 10 years.

Haskell, Traskwood, Bauxite - did you look there?

Are you specifically looking for a golf community?

Last edited by Sam I Am; 07-11-2007 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: Additional info

Old 07-11-2007, 10:44 AM

No, I am not specifically looking for a golf community but I would like a nice and somewhat newer neighborhood. We are looking for homes in the 3000 sqft range and it seems that most in the area that are for sale are in int Hurricane Lakes and Longhills village.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:47 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
Otter Creek has some bigger homes...and no telling what you could buy in Malvern for the kind of money you are probably talking. Great thing about Malvern is that it's just up the road from Arkadelphia and Lake DeGray, and very close to Hot Springs. I know of a good builder if you've ever considered going that route...but you're right, if you're looking for neighborhood, Salem and Haskell won't be where you'll want to look.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:42 PM

4 posts, read 38,839 times
somethings to consider, if you have kids in middle school then you will want to move to Hurricane lake. the neighborhood is nice and IMO a litte over priced. I live right down the street in a new neighborhood that backs up to Hurricane Lake. Make sure you buy out of the flood plane. I am convinced that place is going to flood one day. As far as the trailor park in concered well all I can say is welcome to Arkansas. Cabot has a real bad Meth problem and so does Benton/Bryant but I would choose Saline county anyday over Cabot. You have a trailer park outside one gate and then a crappy patio community and a carwash at the other end. The zoning here makes no sense and you can see a sign that says you are in Benton city limit when you enter the gate but your kids will go to school in Bryant and you will have to drive 20 minutes to vote in Benton across the highway. I have lived here for two years and I cant wait to get out of here. Bryant is a great little town and they are trying to grow if Benton will let them. The schools are ten times better here then Little Rock. Hurrican lake is pretty but make sure you check out the builder who built your house. you may get caught up in the good ole boy crap around here. Shady builders using slave labor to build and the making a killing on you. You wont go wrong if you just research it a little. Just like all of Arkansas Bryant and Benton are 10 or 15 years behind the rest of the south so one day it might be a cool place. I agree with the other guy Lake Degray is awesome and still close even from here.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Basscat????

Basscat, You say you can't wait to get out of there after two years? May I ask why? Also, what part of Hurricane Lake is considered to be in the flooding areas? What other neighborhoods would you suggest? Do you know anything about Longhills VIllage?

Old 07-12-2007, 06:35 PM

Benton, Bryant or Saline county is considered to be kind of white trash IMO. I know that sounds harsh but it is truth. Every trip to Wal-Mart is like going to the zoo. You will see these people and really wander where the hell they came from. The Schools are great but real clickish. One kid plays every play on the football team while there may be twenty kids who have played one time. That kind of thing. I cant think of anywhere better around Little Rock. Cabot is way over rated and the trip there sucks. Bryant is close and the commute isnt bad at all. The flood plane is on the springhill road side of Hurricane Creek. if you come through on the Hwy 5 side then turn right then turn right again you are ok. but go down and turn left towards the lake and you can see you are actually below the lake a little not much but after a real good rain you can see what I am talking about. I agree that the homes are really nice and the neighborhood id great you just have to do your home work on the builder. All the builders around here are trying to build in there so they can make a quick buck. I would use the surrounding neighborhood with so many vacant homes as leverage to get a better deal. The zoning around here is so weird. You will see come election day and so forth. Your in Bryant but the sign says Benton city limits.
Whatever-

have any more questions please ask away.

Old 07-13-2007, 10:18 AM

What is the surrounding neighborhood called? If there are homes for sale there is it a nice area or one to avoid? We don't want to be in Little Rock proper so that is why we are looking on the outskirts. Any names of particular builders to stay away from? Please keep the info coming!

Old 07-16-2007, 03:26 PM

stay away from Infinity Homes. Hurricane Meadows is nice and Just about any where in Bryant is good, just look around at the houses that are brick in the front and vinyl in the back, makes no since to me. Hurricane Creek is nice and you wont regret buying there i wouldnt think. it is the nicest neighborhood in the area. I recommend Jones development from Benton/ Bryant area he is a younger guy and is extremely good. if nothing else he is up to date on all the builders and who to stay away from.You do not want to live in Little Rock proper i agree. Just remember that there is a trade with Saline county. kind of red neckish if you know what i mean. I dont mean that badly but to each is own. It is weird when you spend 300k on a house and then go to the store and see a half naked man with a mullet and tats smoking in the Wal-Mart. If you live here you just have to get used to it. However, it is that way all over AR.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:57 AM

23 posts, read 89,645 times
Default Infinity Homes?

Please elaborate.... we're new to the area & looking in the new Middle School area of Bryant. There's a house that Infinity built in Hurricane Meadows that's appealing & looks great.... help?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas