Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 03:15 PM

465 posts, read 1,417,505 times

Advertisements

I have mixed feelings about both Fort Smith and Fayettville/Springdale so I'm gonna vote Hot Springs for now.

If Fort Smith keeps expanding UAFS and gets some decent leadership I might be able to vote for my hometown again someday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2008, 03:49 PM

165 posts, read 524,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bail_Khan View Post
I have mixed feelings about both Fort Smith and Fayettville/Springdale so I'm gonna vote Hot Springs for now.
I don't see how you can lump Fayetteville and Springdale together. These two towns are as different as night and day in almost all aspects.

Old 12-11-2008, 03:52 PM

1,045 posts, read 1,938,234 times
What makes them so different?

Old 12-11-2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bufford View Post
What makes them so different?
Springdale and Fayetteville have entirely different identities. If possible relocation to one of these towns is your goal I would visit both and choose with town best suites your lifestyle.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hognoxious View Post
Springdale and Fayetteville have entirely different identities. If possible relocation to one of these towns is your goal I would visit both and choose with town best suites your lifestyle.
They are so close together they are practically different parts of the same town. They may have seperate identities but they are still pretty much married whether they like it or not.

Edit: Just to make it fair I will say I have mixed feelings about Fort Smith/Van Buren, Fayettville, and Springdale if it will make you happy.

Last edited by Bail_Khan; 12-11-2008 at 06:36 PM..

Old 12-11-2008, 06:33 PM

Quote:
They are so close together they are practically different parts of the same town. They may have seperate identities but they are still pretty much married whether they like it or not.
Not really. There is a town between Springdale and Fayetteville - Johnson, Arkansas. Not to mention there is about 5 miles between Springdale and Fayetteville.

Old 12-11-2008, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Not really. There is a town between Springdale and Fayetteville - Johnson, Arkansas. Not to mention there is about 5 miles between Springdale and Fayetteville.

I already admitted that they are seperate areas with different identities. I still have mixed feeling about both places wether they are 2 miles apart or ten. I still have mixed feelings.
Anyways I realize you delight in hostile banter and anything I say will keep you going for the next six months.

Old 12-11-2008, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Anyways I realize you delight in hostile banter and anything I say will keep you going for the next six months.
Hostile? It's just a simple message board discussion

Old 12-12-2008, 08:42 PM

1,193 posts, read 3,992,975 times
Quote:
Johnson is a church compound and a speed trap. The mayor's office doubles as a dog pound.
It is kind of off to the side anyways like that ugly mole on your neck you really want to get rid of that seems to grow hair quicker than any segment of skin on your body, but since it is covered up fairly easy with the proper clothing it doesn't justify the cost to remove it so you just suck it up and live with it and plan around it.

So..
I agree with Bail_Khan. They just feel like two different parts of the same town. I don't see the harm in that but I'm sure some of the artsy fartsy pretentious people of Fayetteville would scoff at such a preposterous proclamation. *Scoff* *Scoff*!

Old 12-18-2008, 10:11 PM

763 posts, read 2,661,034 times
Hey guys & gals. I recently bought a house between Heber Springs and Pangburn. We love the area mainly for the trout fishing on the Little Red river. The neighbors all seem very nice. We don't live there now, just our get away. Hope to soon though. I like both of these towns. I would definitely have to throw Mountain View in the mix. Love the music on the square.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas