Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 04:52 PM

58 posts, read 282,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitram View Post
I appreciate all the comments. Yes I live out West and the prices for houses in our area run around $500,000+ for a 2000 square foot home. When we visited Mtn Home earlier this year, we saw equivalent homes for $185,000+ and couldn't believe the differences. The home prices, plus the scene'ry, the cleanliness and the friendly people in the Ozark area are giving us an incentive to move there.
Nitram.......hopefully your as lucky as I was and purchased yours in the early '90s. I moved to this area from Orange County. Where are you ? Let me know if I can help with any questions. Feel free to PM me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2007, 12:48 AM

7 posts, read 27,796 times
The homes I saw in the 100s range in Mountain Home were dumps or trailers on some land. You can google Mountain Home Arkansas Real Estate and see how high homes are. The low prices you are talking about Mlro4 are tiny homes and dumpy homes. Don't take my word for it, look them up on the internet and see. Reading your posts, I am just wondering if you are a realtor? I notice you always make everyone who has something negative to say about Mountain Home sound like we are saying things not true. There are definitely some disadvantages to Mountain Home and some advantages. I like the area ok but the homes are higher than you are saying and there are better places to live in Arkansas too IMHO. Hot Springs has much more things to do and closer to Little Rock.

Old 06-08-2007, 04:07 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
HSN -

WHO are you talking to? Difficult to interpret...

Old 06-08-2007, 07:22 AM

Default What is high ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotSpringsnewbie View Post
The homes I saw in the 100s range in Mountain Home were dumps or trailers on some land. You can google Mountain Home Arkansas Real Estate and see how high homes are. The low prices you are talking about Mlro4 are tiny homes and dumpy homes. Don't take my word for it, look them up on the internet and see. Reading your posts, I am just wondering if you are a realtor? I notice you always make everyone who has something negative to say about Mountain Home sound like we are saying things not true. There are definitely some disadvantages to Mountain Home and some advantages. I like the area ok but the homes are higher than you are saying and there are better places to live in Arkansas too IMHO. Hot Springs has much more things to do and closer to Little Rock.
Let me ask you this......what do you call high for a price ? I do not think spending $150-200k is high for a very nice home. Yes I'm a Realtor, but telling nothing but the truth. Yes, there's some dumpy places/and or trailers for under a $100k. There's also many homes, 2 or 3 br that have been gone through and updated for that same price. So if your gonna make statements that all the houses in that price are dumps, get your facts straight......cause your incorrect again. If you'd like I'll give you some MLS numbers to prove my statements.

Old 06-08-2007, 07:36 AM

Default Hot Springs

Hotspringsnewbie, I just went on Realtor.com and looked at homes under a $100k and there's nothing special or different. The reason you don't see many here is cause they sell as soon as they come on the market in that price range. To your other statement, all places are different, anywhere you go. Every city in the U.S. has it's advantages or disadvantages from one to the other.

Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 PM

7 posts, read 27,796 times
I thought you were a realtor in Mountain Home, your posts are all too super positive. I don't think Mountain Home is a bad place but it isn't a cheap place to live for the south. Probably cheap coming from California but not cheap compared to the south and even Arkansas. I am also not saying for people not to check out Mountain Home but I am saying don't just put it as the only place to live as I think there are many nice places to live in Arkansas, Hot Springs, Fayetteville, etc. What I don't like about Mountain Home is there isn't any interstate anywhere near there and it is isolated and pretty far from any big city like Little Rock. People there told me that the hospital is ok but for anything serious, they are taken to Springfield, Missouri or Little Rock hospitals which are far away. I just think for myself, living in a place like Hot Springs, you are less than an hour away from Little Rock, much better IMHO. For the record someone hinted I was somehow a realtor, I am NOT, unlike mlrfo4, you do the math.

Old 06-09-2007, 08:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
just our feeling, from information we have gathered and research: Mountain Home (check realtor.com) isn't that expensive. I don't know why you think it is. It certainly isn't higher than Hot Springs. Yes, there is probably more to do in Hot Springs, but I can assure you we would be looking in MOuntain Home if it wasn't so far from our family. NMnita

Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,690,931 times
Quote:
I thought you were a realtor in Mountain Home, your posts are all too super positive. I don't think Mountain Home is a bad place but it isn't a cheap place to live for the south. Probably cheap coming from California but not cheap compared to the south and even Arkansas. I am also not saying for people not to check out Mountain Home but I am saying don't just put it as the only place to live as I think there are many nice places to live in Arkansas, Hot Springs, Fayetteville, etc. What I don't like about Mountain Home is there isn't any interstate anywhere near there and it is isolated and pretty far from any big city like Little Rock. People there told me that the hospital is ok but for anything serious, they are taken to Springfield, Missouri or Little Rock hospitals which are far away. I just think for myself, living in a place like Hot Springs, you are less than an hour away from Little Rock, much better IMHO. For the record someone hinted I was somehow a realtor, I am NOT, unlike mlrfo4, you do the math.
As for the hospital: I know 2 people (cancer survivors) who had the treatments at the Mountain Home hospital. Both of them swear by it and one is a retired nurse. Like others including myself you are judging from what you hear, not what you know. We all do this but you are a bit too set. No one is saying Hot Springs isn't a good place to live, some are just saying Mountain Home is as well. You also mention cost of housing, well have you checked Fayetteville? NMNita

Old 06-09-2007, 09:20 AM

5,981 posts, read 18,266,592 times
I'm going to side up with nmnita on this one and defend mlrfo4....Mountain Home is a lovely area, and the houses that come on the market priced right and in great shape go quickly -why? Because it is SUCH a wonderful area to live. Yes, it is somewhat isolated from Little Rock - but there are those of us who really don't find anything in Little Rock that attracts us and we don't need the bustle of Hot Springs or Fayetteville or Eureka. And because mlrfo4 is in love with her own market isn't anything to downgrade him/her for - actually, I commend this realtor for presenting the community in a positive light. Too many people have only visited or read on the internet - they don't "know" the state or the community.

Land is becoming premium - yes, "dumps" with land and trailers are selling higher than what we perceive as normal in highly desired areas...but the land is the value there and many people are buying in order to build. Personally, I'd think anything you could buy there would be an excellent investment - the area is only growing.

Old 06-09-2007, 09:39 AM

Default Sam and NmNita

Thanks for your replies and I do only state facts. I never mislead any person coming here. Like I stated, there's plusses and minuses, but to me the positives outweigh the negatives. BTW..........I'm a he I have never been to Hot Springs Village, but over most of the state with my boys playing travel baseball and this is where I want to be. The bugs aren't as bad........but yes there here. Very low as far as crime or people getting in trouble. If you want to see what goes on daily look at our paper online.....it's feee, Baxter Bulletin - www.baxterbulletin.com - . Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas