Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 05:48 AM

312 posts, read 909,428 times

Advertisements

Where would you go if you'd spend 6 months in either city?
Which city is cheaper, and which one has the best nightlife?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM

260 posts, read 757,386 times
Wow, I don't think most people know anything about either about either city. I happen to know a little bit about Chonqing just because it's a sister city of Seattle, but I havn't even heard of Dalian.

Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 AM

1,348 posts, read 2,856,774 times
Dalian is a beautiful coastal city. Smaller, but very clean, prestine and very gorgeous tall Dongbei women.

Chongqing is a huge, foggy, smoggy, industrial city. Very gritty, very urban. Straightforward beautiful Sichuanese women.

Take your pick.

Old 02-28-2011, 06:15 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,730,434 times
Dalian for sure. Its a much prettier city and its location on a penensula on the coast makes for some naturaly beauty as well. There is a huge sports culture there (particularly soccer), so if youre into that, its cool. The only thing to be cautious of is that the winters there are brutally cold.

Chongqing is ok. I wasnt that impressed with it when I went relative to the other cities in China. It just didnt strike me as anything special, more like a smaller Shanghai with a river port. It seemed like a blue collar city. However the people were nicer than the other places in China Ive been.

Old 02-28-2011, 10:14 AM

2,114 posts, read 4,914,044 times
I didn't really know much about either, but based on what people have said and what I have read elsewhere, I think Dalian would be my pick.

More importantly, I'd like to go to China in general. I'm not picky!

Old 03-01-2011, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 4,387 times
I am in Chongqing, China now. And I am Chinese.

Firstly, I have to say that I am poor in English. Maybe I cannot express my ideas clearly and mess up on grammar & spelling. Please forgive me.

"Dalian is a beautiful coastal city. Smaller, but very clean." as sacramento916 puts it. The environment in Dalian is really awesome because of it's location. I just know a little bit about DL because I've never been there. So I can tell you something about Chongqing.

Chongqing is one of the four municipalities directly under the Central Government and the others are Beijing, Shanghai and Tianjing. Those years, CQ is developing faster and faster. Because Chinese government supports CQ's development to make CQ an important city which will help to develop the other cities in western China.

The climate in CQ is indeed cloudy. Sunshines rarely come through during winter and even spring & fall. Summer is hot here while winter is not so cold.

I think CQ is cheaper than DL. CQ is kind of those cities which cost less but gain more. CQ focuses on the qualities of life. And the food in CQ is quite delicious and famous in China. Such as hot-pot and so on.(I don't know how to discribe the dishes in English. I'm sorry!) Besides, CQ is famous for its night scenary which can compare with that in Hong Kong. The nightlife in CQ is OK.

Removed by Moderator - do not post your personal contact information please. Use this site's direct mail feature instead.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 03-01-2011 at 08:20 AM..

Old 03-07-2011, 01:20 AM

76 posts, read 217,153 times
Dalian has a good amount of Japanese, Russian and Korean influence due to its location, just in case that's a consideration. Dalian also is a bit more expensive - it reminds of Seattle somehow.

Old 03-07-2011, 10:11 PM

2,918 posts, read 5,606,012 times
i prefer chongqing. nightlife is entirely subjective. i was getting laid every night in chongqing, that's all i need. climate isn't good in either place but dalian is A LOT colder, if you dont like cold dont go there skyline defo chongqing. lotsa good stuff within striking distance for weekend trips for both cities so no worries in that dept.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:16 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,039,039 times
Chongquing seems a bit "sprawly" to me.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:09 PM

5,984 posts, read 13,409,040 times
I'll go with Dalian. It's in Northeast China, so it gets cold weather and snow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia