Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On Average Which Southeast Asian Country Do You Think Has The Best Looking Ladies ?
The Philippines 41 27.89%
Malaysia 14 9.52%
Burma 3 2.04%
Vietnam 22 14.97%
Singapore 13 8.84%
Laos 1 0.68%
Indonesia 10 6.80%
Cambodia 2 1.36%
Thailand 41 27.89%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 05:37 PM

1,527 posts, read 2,997,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Yeah but Chinese are 25% of the population so they're kinda hard to avoid. In the Philippines, they're less than 3%, so it wouldn't be very typical to post pics of them. But posting pics of Chinese-Thai would be comparable to posting pics of Visayans because they're both around a quarter of the population. And if you only count the Visayas population, that's only 1/8th of the population of the Philippines.

And some countries have a large influx of people from other places and they are part of the population. Just like how white people of Spanish-descent are a large part of many Latin American countries. They are part of that country just like Chinese are part of Thailand. You dont avoid talking about those people just because they have foreign origins. The Philippines is different because we dont have a large ethnic group with recent ties to a foreign country
the Philippines is also a country made up of different ethnics

while thailand is basically 1 ethnic...living alongside laotians and chinese

its easier to identify foreigners from locals at that point

Old 01-13-2013, 05:46 PM

3,635 posts, read 10,745,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
the Philippines is also a country made up of different ethnics

while thailand is basically 1 ethnic...living alongside laotians and chinese

its easier to identify foreigners from locals at that point
Doesn't matter. Even if you think that every single Visayan looks East Asian (which is far from the truth). Thailand still has an ethnic group just as big that actually is East Asian.

Hopefully in your next life you'll be born in Thailand

Old 01-13-2013, 05:48 PM

9 posts, read 41,147 times
Quote:
your feeding into these thai ladyboy fantasies of theirs.....the people other then ethnic chinese in thailand dont look NEA at all...besides your speaking from a tagalog biased view...of course tagalogs wont look asian at all even compared to dark brown rural thai people...but visayans even from rural areas can look NEA....only urban thai look NEA...as shown buy all the examples that nuatpong shows....the only chinese looking ones were from urban areas...or universities catered to rich chinese students

read the link
http://www.x8ing.com/thailand_bangkok_market_2.jpg

http://class.csueastbay.edu/anthropo...s/Tagalog1.jpg
Rich ????? compare the economic facts of the country first before you gonna say "Rich or Poor"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutapong View Post

As we know all countries have rich,middle and poor class people,"but it doesn't mean that there will be the same amount of rich,middle and poor people in every country in world". The richer countries tent to have more of "rich city people"and "middle class people" while lesser of "poor villager people". while the poorer countries tent to be opposite,there is will be more of "poor villager people" and lesser of "rich city people" and "middle class people". why don't you just look at Singapore as an example? majority of Singaporean are "rich city people" and some of"middle class people" while there is no "poor villager people" exist in Singapore.

Here are the list of 8 countries in this comparison in order from richest to poorest base on GPD.

1.Malaysia :GPD $ 16,200. Population below poverty line 3.8%.
2.Thailand :GPD $ 9,400. Population below poverty line 8.1%.
3.Indonesia :GPD $ 4,700. Population below poverty line 12.5%.
4.Philipine :GPD $ 4,100. Population below poverty line 26.5%.
5.Vietnam :GPD $ 3,400. Population below poverty line 14.5%.
6.Laos :GPD $ 2,800. Population below poverty line 26%.
7.Cambodia :GPD $ 2,200. Population below poverty line 31%.
8.Burma :GPD $ 1,300. Population below poverty line 32.7%.

So those are "REAL FACTS" study and learn about it, so you maybe become smarter ejay1.

Source : CIA world factbook

https://www.cia.gov/library/publicat...egion_eas.html
In overall you The Philipine is poorer than Thailand. Lesser poor people in Thailand, More poor people in The Philipine. So overall Thais have better quality of life than the Filipinos.

Last edited by Lightyears; 01-13-2013 at 06:37 PM..

Old 01-13-2013, 05:59 PM

9 posts, read 41,147 times
Anyway this comparison doesn't need the economic facts

Look at these rural Thais (Not from Malay/Cambodia ethnic/border)

Old 01-13-2013, 06:02 PM

209 posts, read 657,899 times
LOL ejay will say that those "monk" are rich people, bcause they don't look like Cambodian/Malay he likes to post LOL.
Only rural people in Thailand for ejay are those who looks Cambodian/Malay if you don't look like Khmer/Malay then you aren't rural LOL.

Last edited by Nutapong; 01-13-2013 at 06:15 PM..

Old 01-13-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
visayans are ethnically part of the local population of the Philippines

I could have done the same thing as nautpong and posted areas of the Philippines with high population of chinese...but I choose to not do that....
LOL "choose to not to" or you "can't to" LOL IMAO*10000000 times
We all here know that you would done it long ago alredy if "you can" LOL !

Last edited by Nutapong; 01-13-2013 at 06:40 PM..

Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
thailand has 15 million chinese and a population of 60 million...you do the math

here is north isaan thailand...the mecca of NEA thai people according ti nautpong

]

"Northern Isan?" where are your sources?
They look more likely to be "Southern Isan".

Old 01-13-2013, 06:47 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,202,970 times
I hope people can stop this insanity of posting cherry picked photos now.

I myself look East Asian. I cannot count the number of times people speak to me in Japanese when I am in Japan or people speak to me in Korean when I am in Korea, thinking am a local there. I have been to Bangkok and I can easily blend in. However, I felt I did not blend in that well in Roxas City or Kalibo (both in Panay, Western Visayas). I can blend in easier in Iloilo City and Bacolod City due to the larger Chinese communities there. So there, I have not been to other places in Thailand outside of Bangkok, but certainly there are more East Asian looking people there (because a huge percent really are of East Asian descent) than the Philippines.

Old 01-14-2013, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightyears View Post
Rich ????? compare the economic facts of the country first before you gonna say "Rich or Poor"

In overall you The Philipine is poorer than Thailand. Lesser poor people in Thailand, More poor people in The Philipine. So overall Thais have better quality of life than the Filipinos.
again the rich lifestyle is in urban thailand-bangkok where there are large chinese communities...the real ethnic thai are the brown skinned farmers in rural areas...which are not rich

Old 01-14-2013, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Doesn't matter. Even if you think that every single Visayan looks East Asian (which is far from the truth). Thailand still has an ethnic group just as big that actually is East Asian.

Hopefully in your next life you'll be born in Thailand
okay thailand has a bigger chinese community...but we are talking about ethnic thai here not chinese thai

so shall I say that malays are even more east asian looking...because 25 % of their population is made up of chinese-malaysians...while thailand only has 14% chinese population
so malays are more east asian then thai...case in point.....not

if we compare rural people from both areas....Visayans from the Philippines and Non-chinese thai people....you would most likely find that visayans have a considerable amount of EA looking people...and thai do not
since thailands EA descent people are actually concentrated in bangkok

rural thailand
north issan- rural
http://www.flickr.com/photos/78634514@N00/145919959/

rural visayan-
Negros Occidental- Rural

Iloilo-Rural

Last edited by ejay1; 01-14-2013 at 01:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia