Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: On Average Which Southeast Asian Country Do You Think Has The Best Looking Ladies ?
The Philippines 41 27.89%
Malaysia 14 9.52%
Burma 3 2.04%
Vietnam 22 14.97%
Singapore 13 8.84%
Laos 1 0.68%
Indonesia 10 6.80%
Cambodia 2 1.36%
Thailand 41 27.89%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 02:06 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,740,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
okay thailand has a bigger chinese community...but we are talking about ethnic thai here not chinese thai

so shall I say that malays are even more east asian looking...because 25 % of their population is made up of chinese-malaysians...while thailand only has 14% chinese population
so malays are more east asian then thai...case in point.....not

if we compare rural people from both areas....Visayans from the Philippines and Non-chinese thai people....you would most likely find that visayans have a considerable amount of EA looking people...and thai do not
since thailands EA descent people are actually concentrated in bangkok
Actually, yeah you could say that Malaysia is more East Asian because of that. But the estimates for Chinese-admixed Thais are as high as 50% and it shows. The 15% figure comes from the 1987 census, the last time they asked about race on a census, and it's people who self identify as Chinese-Thai, not all the people who are mixed with Chinese.

And besides, ethnic Thais have a more recent connection the East Asia than ethnic Malays do. It's like 1,000 years vs 6,000 years.

Funny, why I googled "Isaan" the first image was this

And most of the pics I've seen look like some tan Chinese or maybe SE Asian-Chinese mixed. It's the Austro-Asiatic people who have a distinct Southeast Asian look, well besides most Vietnamese because they were overrun by Chinese for so long

Old 01-14-2013, 03:07 AM

1,527 posts, read 2,995,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
Actually, yeah you could say that Malaysia is more East Asian because of that. But the estimates for Chinese-admixed Thais are as high as 50% and it shows. The 15% figure comes from the 1987 census, the last time they asked about race on a census, and it's people who self identify as Chinese-Thai, not all the people who are mixed with Chinese.

And besides, ethnic Thais have a more recent connection the East Asia than ethnic Malays do. It's like 1,000 years vs 6,000 years.

Funny, why I googled "Isaan" the first image was this

And most of the pics I've seen look like some tan Chinese or maybe SE Asian-Chinese mixed. It's the Austro-Asiatic people who have a distinct Southeast Asian look, well besides most Vietnamese because they were overrun by Chinese for so long
again those issan look similar to the issan I posted

please explain this...you really know nothing...I bet your ass thinks everyone in thailand are those chinese actresses you see in their movies
thai people are prejudice against ethnic thai...and prefer the thai-chinese look

http://www.flickr.com/photos/78634514@N00/145919959/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ipsnews/5096222915/

Old 01-14-2013, 03:22 AM

according to Nautpong all the thai ladies working as prostis in thailand are cambodian

hell why does this former cambodian prosti who was forced into it look more asian then many thai combined??

Leaving the Brothel Behind Neth is now living in Phnom Penh, Cambodia's capital, where she's enrolled in beauty school.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/01/19/op...kris.html?_r=0

miss cambodian american

Miss Deka Nine, The Winner of 2011 Miss Cambodian American Beauty Pageant
http://www.flickr.com/photos/binhtnguyen/5643566894/

cambodian beauty

thai beauty

thai woman trying to bleach her skin

http://www.chiangmaicitynews.com/news.php?id=964

lao girl showing how to apply makeup to make you look lighter skin

http://laomate.activeboard.com/t3379...rt=oldestFirst

northern luzon- Philippines

western and eastern Visayan- Philippines

Last edited by ejay1; 01-14-2013 at 04:00 AM..

Old 01-14-2013, 04:57 PM

209 posts, read 657,566 times
Quote:
again those issan look similar to the issan I posted

please explain this...you really know nothing...I bet your ass thinks everyone in thailand are those chinese actresses you see in their movies
thai people are prejudice against ethnic thai...and prefer the thai-chinese look

greatest show on earth-Issan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

50 percent of Lao children are undersized. Donna Kelly/IPS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
So these are rich people right? lol

Old 01-14-2013, 05:10 PM

rural Thai vs rural Visayan LOL

Thai

Visayan

Roxas City | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Asia - Philippines / Cebu - schülmädchen | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Kids of Calvary Hill | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

rural vs rural !

The only reason I joined this forum is because I want to end the "stupidity of yours ejay", let see how long you could keep this "stupidity" going on. You are alredy losed in the facts arguement long ago. So now all you are doing is just only "Cherry picking" and posting.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutapong View Post
rural Thai vs rural Visayan LOL

Thai

Visayan

Roxas City | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Asia - Philippines / Cebu - schülmädchen | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Kids of Calvary Hill | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

rural vs rural !

The only reason I joined this forum is because I want to end the "stupidity of yours ejay", let see how long you could keep this "stupidity" going on. You are alredy losed in the facts arguement long ago. So now all you are doing is just only "Cherry picking" and posting.

rural- north issan
these northern thai people dont exist for you?? they are just ****s you want to flush from thailand....so you can replace them with chinese takeout??
greatest show on earth-Issan | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

rural visayan

Last edited by ejay1; 01-14-2013 at 05:38 PM..

Old 01-14-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
You couldn't pick the one that from diractly Cambodia border so now you are picking something that near Cambodia border right lol? Those guy are from Korat and Korat doesn't even in "northern Isan" it's "southern Isan" (red area on the map)

Every thing you "cherry picked" are nothing but something that connected with Cambodian.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:43 PM
kyh

372 posts, read 1,268,027 times
Ok enough guys. e-n-o-u-g-h

There are both East Asian and SE Asian phenotypes in both your genes, we got it. The reason you guys are arguing is who has got the more East Asian phenotype. How does that matter?

Even if you're dark, be proud of it. Why do you guys make it look like a deep embarrassment that you are so willing to get rid of? Oprah Winfrey is dark, black, African, but she's proud of it and she's one of the most respected and successful women on this planet - not because of her skin colour, but of her achievements! She's a self-made multimillionaire! She is on equal, if not above, footing with the many White, Anglo American moguls out there. And she deserves the recognition.

You guys do cherry pick your pictures, honestly. What's with the recycled pictures again and again?

And why is this lady being made the "standard" of Thai beauty all the time...

http://i55.tinypic.com/70xudd.jpg

when you could have these ladies...

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/...d_1467807i.jpg

http://media.santabanta.com/gal/mu20.../thailand1.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_HYjZqfX_on...hailand1aa.jpg

All these girls represent the nation of Thailand in Miss World/Miss Universe, not a puny pageant in the Thai rural provinces where nobody gives a damn.

So friends, stop this childish argument which spans for like 30 pages and so on. Even if you win, what does that make you? It's not like you're gonna win 1 million dollars.

Old 01-14-2013, 05:44 PM

Real "northern Isan" from Udon thani

vs
Visayan

LOL are we too "Chinese" for you right ??? LOL
I guess 70% of Thailand's population are too "Chinese" for a visayan like you LOL !

Old 01-14-2013, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutapong View Post
You couldn't pick the one that from diractly Cambodia border so now you are picking something that near Cambodia border right lol? Those guy are from Korat and Korat doesn't even in "northern Isan" it's "southern Isan" (red area on the map)

Every thing you "cherry picked" are nothing but something that connected with Cambodian.
LOL look at the map...its not even connected to cambodia...in fact its closer to bangkok....its located near the center of thailand

this woman is from chiang mai....is she cambodian too??

you fail little brown man
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia