Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 06:17 PM

2,351 posts, read 7,091,738 times

Advertisements

I can very much differentiate the tagalog words that are Malay and the tagalog words that are Spanish. Honestly, I don't like so much the tagalog Malay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 10:59 PM

1,754 posts, read 8,116,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLuis View Post
Interesting language, I would reall like to learn it.
The hardest part in learning Tagalog is the verbs, this guy learn it for like 2 weeks. He speak both Spanish and English. I definitely understood him.

Tagalog after 2 weeks (subtitled in English and Spanish) - YouTube

^I guess if you are interested to learn the language it's easy to catch up and learn. Actually, there's a lot of foreigners who easily catch up on learning our language lol because Filipinos are everywhere even they don't have proper teaching like this guy in Middle East.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3HNd-CUFYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsKcWtkHY-w

Last edited by pinai; 05-21-2013 at 11:39 PM..

Old 05-21-2013, 11:05 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermosaa View Post
I can very much differentiate the tagalog words that are Malay and the tagalog words that are Spanish. Honestly, I don't like so much the tagalog Malay.
From your posts you seem to view anything European as superior to Asian.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
From your posts you seem to view anything European as superior to Asian.
Just because I don't like so much the Malay words ? Can't I have a preference even if I am an Asian ? The Spanish words blended in our language is already considered Filipino too, not foreign any more. I just don't like so much the sounds of some of the words. There are some that are okay for me but there are also some that are not, ones like

Mata
Anak
Ilong
Muntik
Nakiki
Anting
Ating
Words that end in " ing ".

2 days ago I was talking to my daughter and she asked me what's wound in Filipino ( but not tagalog because it's not my language ) , I told her it is called " Pilas " and she said it doesn't sound as cute as the Portuguese word for it which is " Doydoy " and the English word " Booboo".

Last edited by Hermosaa; 05-21-2013 at 11:56 PM..

Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Just because I don't like so much the Malay words ? Can't I have a preference even if I am an Asian ? The Spanish words blended in our language is already considered Filipino too, not foreign any more. I just don't like so much the sounds of some of the words. There are some that are okay for me but there are also some that are not, ones like

Muntik
Nakiki
Anting
Ating
tagalog word is always with 'ung' 'ng' 'ing' 'ang' at the end of each word.

kung
ng
maging
magaling
magalang
balang
magiting
magulang
saging
tanging

Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinai View Post
tagalog word is always with 'ung' 'ng' 'ing' 'ang' at the end of each word.

kung
ng
maging
magaling
magalang
balang
magiting
magulang
saging
tanging
Yes they mostly end in ing or ang

Old 05-22-2013, 12:02 AM

Quote:

Mata
Anak
Ilong
Muntik
Nakiki
Anting
Ating

2 days ago I was talking to my daughter and she asked me what's wound in Filipino ( but not tagalog because it's not my language ) , I told her it is called " Pilas " and she said it doesn't sound as cute as the Portuguese word for it which is " Doydoy " and the English word " Booboo".
No not that...like you mentioned all the countries you'd like to visit and they were all European or Latin American, and you said you weren't into Asian guys. Nothing wrong with it, just an observation if you like. I'm wondering if you're one of those Filipinos who plays up their colonial/Western side. I'm from Singapore (born there but never lived there) and there are people like that there too.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
No not that...like you mentioned all the countries you'd like to visit and they were all European or Latin American, and you said you weren't into Asian guys. Nothing wrong with it, just an observation if you like. I'm wondering if you're one of those Filipinos who plays up their colonial/Western side. I'm from Singapore (born there but never lived there) and there are people like that there too.
Yeah I have always liked Europe because of castles and palaces ( I am still like a kid who likes kings, queens and princesses). I don't like so much modern architecture so I don't have so much interest to see countries with skyscraper buildings. Colonial ? Well I don't have so much interest to see the USA.
Latin America ? I would like to see the pyramid in Mexico, Machu Picchu in Peru and Argentina to see if it is really another Paris.
Each of us have our own preference for people we are attracted to, I am sure there are many Filipinos who aren't attracted to Chinese, Korean or Japanese guys too. I was referring to orientals, not referring to my fellow Filipinos or to Pakistanis.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Yeah I have always liked Europe because of castles and palaces ( I am still like a kid who likes kings, queens and princesses). I don't like so much modern architecture so I don't have so much interest to see countries with skyscraper buildings. Colonial ? Well I don't have so much interest to see the USA.
Latin America ? I would like to see the pyramid in Mexico, Machu Picchu in Peru and Argentina to see if it is really another Paris.
Each of us have our own preference for people we are attracted to, I am sure there are many Filipinos who aren't attracted to Chinese, Korean or Japanese guys too. I was referring to orientals, not referring to my fellow Filipinos or to Pakistanis.
All Chinese, Korean and Japanese guys? What about ones with large eyes who look more SEA or Filipino? So someone like Marcos is too 'oriental' for you? FYI Filipinos are also 'oriental' and just as Asian as those other 3. Don't pretend you're somehow genetically more European because of a smattering of Spanish blood.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Yes they mostly end in ing or ang
yeah, you'll notice from the music video of Thalia how many 'ng' there hehe
She actually heard this song on the radio when she came in the Philippines and then asked about the lyrics
of the song because she likes it. I guess she likes the melody, some foreigner like the melody & felt the emotions to it and it doesn't have spanish loanwords it is all plain tagalog. some Filipino ethnic songs too.

Thalia - Nandito Ako (Tagalog Song) with lyrics - YouTube
^I notice foreigners easily sing tagalog than talking or speaking in a conversational way

Last edited by pinai; 05-22-2013 at 01:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia