Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which group?
Turkish, Armenians, Caucasus, Persians 11 12.22%
Ethnic Asiatic Russia, Kalmyks, Uralic 1 1.11%
Arabs, Lebanese 10 11.11%
Pakistanis, Aryan Indians 5 5.56%
South Indians/Dravidians 3 3.33%
Mongolians, NW China 2 2.22%
Caucasoid Central Asians - e.g. Tajiks, Uiughars, Afghans 3 3.33%
'Intermediate' Central Asians - e.g. Kazakhs, Turkic peoples 1 1.11%
Central and Northeastern Chinese, Tibetans 9 10.00%
Koreans and Japanese 18 20.00%
Southern Chinese, Vietnamese, NE Burma 17 18.89%
Thais, Khmer 3 3.33%
Malay, Indonesian 1 1.11%
Burmese, Nepalese 1 1.11%
Other Melanesian, natives of Indonesia 0 0%
Taiwanese and Filipino Aborigines 5 5.56%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 06:08 AM

683 posts, read 1,468,482 times

Advertisements

You forgot to put the JEWS in that Asian list.

THEY ARE ASIAN.

Old 01-29-2012, 09:28 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,029,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edu983 View Post
You forgot to put the JEWS in that Asian list.

THEY ARE ASIAN.
Yes they are, but most Jews these days have largely European ancestry...I grouped Asians into 'looks' - the Hebrews prior to the European diaspora would have looked like Palestinian Arabs or Lebanese.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:08 AM

2,918 posts, read 5,605,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Thailand
and Japan are the same, the trend hasn't caught on so much in Asia.
NE asia. the trend has definitely caught on in SE asia. not sure where you're getting your info on thailand. walk into any gogo and you'll see how wrong you are. even most uni girls shave.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
NE asia. the trend has definitely caught on in SE asia. not sure where you're getting your info on thailand. walk into any gogo and you'll see how wrong you are. even most uni girls shave.
I was in Thailand recently. Yes, that's true, I'm not sure if most totally shave like what's caught on in the West (maybe less so in Europe? Not sure though). Those that do tend to do it to appeal more to their Western clientele.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:13 AM

604 posts, read 1,520,590 times
Quote:
Yes they are, but most Jews these days have largely European ancestry...I grouped Asians into 'looks' - the Hebrews prior to the European diaspora would have looked like Palestinian Arabs or Lebanese.
Not in Isreal. 60 percent of the population is considered "oriental" jews. Meaning jews from the near east.

Old 01-29-2012, 11:26 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,882,088 times
I'm learning something new everyday.

Old 02-07-2012, 02:26 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
It seems like Chinese, Japanese and Koreans are into the cute look. The guys are consider cute or pretty which I'm not into that look. I like masculine features. Maybe that's why I find White and Africans guys to be more attractive than Asians; however, I do find Asians to be attractive when they do have that masculine feature (http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile...955_5859_n.jpg). Totally hot.

I went to Thailand and I gotta say the Thai girls are pretty. I find Indian women to be fuller and sexier than Northern and Southern Asians on average. Hmong people are pretty and cute. Oh yeah, Arabs women are beautiful. I have no opinion about the other ethnicity because I have not encounter much of them.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post
It seems like Chinese, Japanese and Koreans are into the cute look. The guys are consider cute or pretty which I'm not into that look. I like masculine features. Maybe that's why I find White and Africans guys to be more attractive than Asians; however, I do find Asians to be attractive when they do have that masculine feature (http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile...955_5859_n.jpg). Totally hot.

I went to Thailand and I gotta say the Thai girls are pretty. I find Indian women to be fuller and sexier than Northern and Southern Asians on average. Hmong people are pretty and cute. Oh yeah, Arabs women are beautiful. I have no opinion about the other ethnicity because I have not encounter much of them.
Yeah the Japanese especially are into are the cute look. Japanese girls can be pretty, but I'm not so into the cutesy/Lolita look/way of acting. Chinese women seem more like women instead of acting like little girls, but to be honest the Chinese women I do find attractive are a minority. I like Japanese girls that don't act cutesy (I know many by the way, through my friend) - I think it's a bit of a stereotype. They do have a peculiar way of behaviour, even among Asians.

Thai women can be attractive but they're a bit overrated. Some Vietnamese have a certain look which you don't find so much in East Asia, sometimes in Southern China. They tend to have higher cheekbones than NE Asians, but NE Asians have the advantage of being taller on average. Northern Chinese are surprisingly tall.

Yeah cute would be a good way to describe Hmong, lol. Many seemed like they were 5 feet. They reminded me of my youngest sister, both in size and look. My other sister looks very different. I myself have a pretty distinct look, I've been often been mistaken for being Thai or even Cambodian, but I think I just have a unique look in general, haven't seen many who look that much like me. I've got a good tan but am not all that dark though.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianRice View Post

By Southern Asians do you mean SE Asians? Most Indians in India are very thin, but the older Indian women here seem a bit on the fat side. Unless you count the middle/upper class women. Indians in India tend to be shorter, too.

Yeah the 'feminine' look is popular among Asian men, although I think many do look quite masculine too.

Old 02-07-2012, 05:38 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,397,245 times
Quote:
Yeah the Japanese especially are into are the cute look. Japanese girls can be pretty, but I'm not so into the cutesy/Lolita look/way of acting. Chinese women seem more like women instead of acting like little girls, but to be honest the Chinese women I do find attractive are a minority. I like Japanese girls that don't act cutesy (I know many by the way, through my friend) - I think it's a bit of a stereotype. They do have a peculiar way of behaviour, even among Asians.

Thai women can be attractive but they're a bit overrated. Some Vietnamese have a certain look which you don't find so much in East Asia, sometimes in Southern China. They tend to have higher cheekbones than NE Asians, but NE Asians have the advantage of being taller on average. Northern Chinese are surprisingly tall.

Yeah cute would be a good way to describe Hmong, lol. Many seemed like they were 5 feet. They reminded me of my youngest sister, both in size and look. My other sister looks very different. I myself have a pretty distinct look, I've been often been mistaken for being Thai or even Cambodian, but I think I just have a unique look in general, haven't seen many who look that much like me. I've got a good tan but am not all that dark though.
I have some Japanese friends (half technically) but they are from Japan. They are cute and do act cute. I think it's a behavior that they grew up with, but I would think that most grow out of it.

IMO Korean girls are overrated, but they are still attractive. Thai? Not so much.

As for Hmong women, I don't know why we are shorter than average Asians who are short, lol. My guess is the lack of nutrient and genetics.

Quote:
By Southern Asians do you mean SE Asians? Most Indians in India are very thin, but the older Indian women here seem a bit on the fat side. Unless you count the middle/upper class women. Indians in India tend to be shorter, too.

Yeah the 'feminine' look is popular among Asian men, although I think many do look quite masculine too.
Yeah, SE Asians. Korean women are generally thin. I am turn off by the 'feminine' look among Asian men.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia