Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,076,059 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyh View Post
Heard they're seeing more and more tourists these days, esp with AirAsia flying in at budget rates from KL.

Speaking of Sri Lankans, oh man, they were the friendliest bunch I've ever met on my travels. Everywhere I went, I would be greeted with "hello!" "hi!" "are you from japan/korea?" - which i'm neither, haha! sigiriya was just plain awesome.. and i miss my days in galle - splendid fortified seaside town (a great retirement place too).

i find their rice to taste somewhat weird though. they had this mouldy taste which is so different to the one that i hv back home.
Oh yeah I got the same, I guess that's where most of the Asian tourists to Lanka are from. Many seemed surprised when I told them I'm from Australia. Galle is pretty nice and yeah Sigiriya was one of the highlights. A fortress on top a huge rock? That's like so awesome lol.

Yeah they have this type of rice I haven't really seen anywhere else, it's a very short grain, almost like little balls of rice... and weren't the portion sizes just overwhelming? I'd sometimes get a huge mound of rice and struggle to finish it. For a meal of about 300 Sri Lankan Rupees you'd get like 6 side dishes. Generally really good, though, although at times it got a wee bit repetitive.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia