Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which asian country has the best women?
Japan 36 24.32%
China 23 15.54%
Singapore 6 4.05%
South Korea 44 29.73%
Other 39 26.35%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2013, 01:06 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times

Advertisements

Taiwan OCAC: Indigenous people in Taiwan - YouTube

Old 10-21-2013, 12:43 PM

101 posts, read 386,557 times
I like this. I don't like western large eyes.

Old 10-22-2013, 05:59 AM

101 posts, read 326,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smtchll View Post
dont ASSume. I like the typical brown Pinay look. I guess you could call it Korean with a tan

Anyway, the Korean is clearly one of the least attractive on here...
http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/...ps449b1401.jpg
This I would have to do disagree. I'm not a fan of SEA look, but surprisingly the cambodian average is the best-looking to me in that bunch, followed by japanese and koreans. I'm Chinese but have to admit the chinese there is not very good-looking. It falls at the bottom along with the other 3 I've not mentioned, Viet possibly last.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrien Lee View Post
I like this. I don't like western large eyes.
Both nice, but the first one could be longer.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsuleneo View Post
SBS(Seoul Broadcasting System) showed what the computer generated result of the average Korean girl - in their 20s - looks like, based on several different faces of real women. Here is the result.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_uEWLesHER4...koreanface.jpg

Now compare that average face of Korean women to this.

http://www.dramainkorea.com/blog/wp-...ds/hyesun3.jpg

There is quite a difference, mostly it has to do with the eyes.
"A recent study has revealed that nearly 68% of Korean women lack the double-eyelid feature, along with possessing the smallest eyes among all ethnic groups worldwide."
:::Teuim plastic surgery:::

Margaret Cho and Sandra Oh have average Korean looks.

http://kpbs.media.clients.ellingtonc...d38a6025dcea0e

http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celebs...mmy-awards.jpg

Plastic surgery; Before and After
http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/...5dfe1e7d95.jpg
The largest difference is in the eyes? You're either blind or have a heavily biased perception. The eyes on that computer generated image is perfectly normal among East Asian populations, shape wise and size wise even among the Japanese, Southern Chinese and certain Korean celebs. And it's asymmetrical. I'd even say that the left eye is definitely bigger than what I'd expect of Koreans, comparable to the southern Chinese that I've seen except that it's single-eyelid. And both eyes are definitely larger than Sandra Oh/Margaret Cho, and the before pictures of Korean you posted.

So I guess this is the extent of prejudice that people have towards Koreans, they even deny what's in front of them. Or maybe you're not prejudiced but simply have terrible observation skills. The most significant difference between the computer generated image and most korean celebs are the nose and face shape- they are wider and bigger. Damn, I'm totally not pro-korean but anti-koreans make me sound like totally pro-korean.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejay1 View Post
to some people she is probably attractive to all of spain combined...not everyone is a whitophile
I'm not a whitophile but have to agree with smtchll and Hermosa that she's not attractive. Kwon Yuri would be a better representative of beautiful korean with smaller eyes.

Old 10-22-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
Are you from China or another country?

The settlement of Taiwan came in waves. It's believed the very first were the negritos, short, dark, curly-haired people who are now only found in scattered pockets in the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Andaman and Nicobar islands etc. This was possibly 25,000 years ago...

Then came the Taiwanese aborigines, about 8,000-5,000 years ago...

The first mass migration of Chinese was actually after the island was 'discovered' by the Dutch and Portuguese (it was known as Formosa, the beautiful isle, until the KMT took over) were mainly from Fujian province from 1500. The Hoklo pushed and also absorbed the plains aborigines into the mountains. One study claimed an estimated 80% of these first settlers have some aboriginal blood. There is a 'Taiwanese look' imo that you only find in Taiwan. Janet Hsieh is an example. Dunno if it's the aboriginal or even European but I just don't often see her look outside Taiwan.

Then came the Nationalists from all parts of China, which means you can find all different types of looks in Taiwan. The predominant look is quite S. Chinese, but northern types are also not uncommon. People over 6 feet are not uncommon there.

An interesting feature I saw a few times were people who looked Chinese with very curly/kinky hair. One old man at a market. This could even be a very ancient negrito trait, because the Taiwanese aborigines tend to have fairly straight-wavy hair. Most of them seem mixed with Chinese now too, although you see more 'pure' ones in Hualien or say Chiayi/Sun Moon Lake. They look a bit more native American than other Austronesians, with sharper, more hooked noses, and their headresses and song and dancing is reminiscent of native Americans.
Yes, I actually believe that Taiwan is more diverse and "just Chinese" instead of southern Chinese. The aboriginals may have influenced their look somewhat, but some of the pictures of Taiwan aboriginals posted by some sources show their look to be somewhat central to northern Chinese?? I'm not too sure on that lol.

Old 10-22-2013, 08:37 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,799,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastardised View Post
Yes, I actually believe that Taiwan is more diverse and "just Chinese" instead of southern Chinese. The aboriginals may have influenced their look somewhat, but some of the pictures of Taiwan aboriginals posted by some sources show their look to be somewhat central to northern Chinese?? I'm not too sure on that lol.
Yes, although the S.Chinese look dominates. Yeah some Taiwanese aborigines look full Han, while some look unmistakably different. I just see a lot of looks in Taiwan that I don't really see in China.

Old 10-22-2013, 02:15 PM

7 posts, read 17,759 times
S.Korea , China.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:01 AM

65 posts, read 98,104 times
A opinion from a Hong Kong person,I would say Japan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia