Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 06:34 PM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenuleeve View Post
The postman...
Stop invasion others
Stop posting the thread that look down or make a confliction
Stop praising yourself ,your country, your related country : (Singapore , Malaysia...)
Oh, I didn't realise I was 'invasion' others...

Ok, the Thais were all super-nice people, no one tried to cheat me, it's a wonderful country. Is that what you wanted to hear?

Read my posts on Singapore. I've never lived there, so I can't really say, but I'm pretty balanced about the country as a whole.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical View Post
Imagine if you will, in your own country, seeing planeloads of obese and scraggly looking foreign men from all around the world disembarking at the airport coming for the sole purpose of waiting in line to ride your local underclass population. Now imagine entire cities and sub industries carved out to accommodate these "unique" travelers and the world wide reputation which slowly manifests from this activity. Now think about how your culture over time adapts to this tourism "sector" over time.
Well I'm sure many resent it, but many also take advantage of it. Many families sell or encourage their daughters to go to the big city and have sex with men so she can earn a lot of money to bring home. Those that do not, the women often takes the initiative because it earns so much. A lot of Thais are loving how much tourism/money it brings in. Not saying it's right, but it ain't a one way thing...

Old 09-09-2013, 02:46 AM

51 posts, read 272,458 times
Dear The Postman...
Yes, no one is perfect 100%
Don't show your bad thinking or show your uneducated brain.

DO YOU WANT TO DAMAGE MY COUNTRY???????

Last edited by keenuleeve; 09-09-2013 at 02:59 AM..

Old 09-09-2013, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenuleeve View Post
Dear The Postman...
Yes, no one is perfect 100%
Don't show your bad thinking or show your uneducated brain.

DO YOU WANT TO DAMAGE MY COUNTRY???????
There are things I love about Thailand, and I might give it another chance one day. Why would I want to damage your country?

Old 09-11-2013, 12:36 AM

23,217 posts, read 29,026,930 times
Most of the natural friendliness I've encountered, anywhere in the world, is being among the poor, even in the U.S., but I can certainly do without the, let's call it mysterious, smiles, as I don't think there's much to smile about in this world today, anywhere, unless perhaps your parents or rich uncle just died and he left you a hefty inheritance or you killed one of your worst enemies and got away with it!

In a Lonely Planet Guide, I took with me to SE Asia, there was a section in the book about the smiles of Asians, and I was forewarned, as you're dealing with face-saving people. I read that even if they're angry with you, they'll smile. And if they grow increasingly angry with you, they'll smile even more! And the worse sin you can commit is to talk to them directly, with anger! I did that one time, as an experiment, at my Bangkok hotel, and my oh my! did I get a flood of smiles!

I work with any number of Philipino's, and they're no different, you never ever confront them directly in an angry way, unless you want to be bombarded with endless smiles or spooky silence!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia