Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2014, 01:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,329 times

Advertisements

BOROBUDUR TEMPLE :

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTCtzGkiUss]Myth of java temple borobudur. - YouTube[/url]

History of Borobudur temple is located in the village of Borobudur, Magelang regency, Java. This temple is the second largest Buddhist temple after Ankor Wat temple in Cambodia.
Borobudur Temple was built around the year 800 AD or the 9th century. Borobudur was built by the followers of Mahayana Buddhism during the reign of the Sailendra dynasty. This temple was built in the Heyday dynasty dynasty. The founder of the Borobudur Temple, King Samaratungga originating from or dynasty dynasty dynasty. The possibility of this temple was built around 824 AD and was completed around the year 900 AD during the reign of Queen Pramudawardhani who is the daughter of Samaratungga. While the architects who Contributed to build this temple According to stories passed down through generations named Gunadharma.odel universe and built as a shrine to venerate Buddha also functions as a place of pilgrimage to lead mankind to switch from natural lust to According to enlightenment and wisdom The teachings of Buddha.

Borobudur is still used as a place of religious pilgrimage; Buddhists each year who come from all over Indonesia and abroad, especially Tibet, Japan, India, China, Vietnam etc. gather at Borobudur to commemorate Vesak Trisuci. In the world of tourism, tourism Borobudur is Indonesia's single most visited tourist.
Borobudur reliefs showing many images; well as human figures nobles, commoners, or hermits, various plants and animals, as well as displays of traditional vernacular building forms the archipelago. Borobudur is like like books that record various aspects of the ancient Javanese life. Many archaeologists researching past life in ancient Java and Nusantara 8th and 9th century with examining and referring carved reliefs of Borobudur. Form of stilt houses, barns, castles and temples, the form of jewelry, clothing and weaponry, a variety of plants and wildlife, as well as means of transportation, it was Noted by the Researchers. One of them is a relief depicting the famous Borobudur Ship. Typical timber ship bercadik archipelago shows ancient maritime culture. Ark replica made by reliefs of Borobudur stored in the Museum of Ocean Mercury is located to the north of Borobudur.

PRAMBANAN TEMPLE :

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKsLSpfteWo]Prambanan Travel Guide, Central Java, Indonesia HD - YouTube[/url]

Prambanan temple is one of the temples located in Java, Indonesia and is one of the tourist destinations. Prambanan is often called by the name Jonggrang temple, this temple is the largest Hindu temple in Indonesia, and also become the temple which is also the most beautiful temples in Southeast Asia is an Indonesian asset that can not be assessed costs. Prambanan temple was built in the 9th century BC devoted to the Trimurti three main Hindu gods, Brahma the creator god, the god of destruction, Shiva and Vishnu as the preserver god.

Prambanan temple is located on the border between Central Java and Yogyakarta Special Region, so that some are saying that the location of the temple of Prambanan in Central Java. Prambanan temple is located about 20 kilometers from Yogyakarta which still enter the Klaten and Sleman (Yogyakarta).
Prambanan temple is one of the temples located in Java, Indonesia and is one of the tourist destinations. Prambanan is Often called by the name Jonggrang temple, this temple is the Largest Hindu temple in Indonesia, and also the temple Become the which is also the most beautiful temples in Southeast Asia is an Indonesian asset that can not be assessed costs. Prambanan temple was built in the 9th century BC dedicated to the Trimurti three Hindu gods play, Brahma the creator god, the god of destruction, Shiva and Vishnu as the preserver god.

Prambanan temple is located on the border between Central Java and Yogyakarta Special Region, so that some are saying that the location of the temple of Prambanan in Central Java. Prambanan temple is located about 20 kilometers from Yogyakarta roomates still enter the Klaten and Sleman (Yogyakarta).

If you've guys been visit to this temple please share.

Last edited by Origamijuice; 06-13-2014 at 01:52 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2014, 07:26 AM

372 posts, read 1,006,275 times
Many thanks for this Thread, I really like both look Amazing and Cool Vidio.

I've been to Borobudur,an ancient Buddhist buildings still looks magnificent with pure natural and cool, I've never been to visit Hindu Prambanan but many say " Prambanan " has a very beautiful building, I can not compare the two buildings only Borobudur temple has the advantage of a very large building .
Yeah ..before Islam and Christianity religion entered to Indonesian , the population ancient from Java, Sumatra, Borneo is both Buddhism and Hinduism, they live alongside each other so that they have a strong royal kingdom at that time such as Srivijaya and Majapahit Kingdom.
I will have the holiday opportunity to go to Prambanan temple later. Sorry, I'm not Buddhist, but I just admire the building/temple .
Please a correction your writing, Borobudur is the biggest Buddhist temple are not angkor wat ^^^

Last edited by stevania01; 06-13-2014 at 07:46 AM..

Old 06-27-2014, 10:33 PM

4 posts, read 5,897 times
Good to see some posts on these great architectural wonders . These are jewels not only of Indonesia but the whole world. More particularly Asia.

I have visited both these temples. Indonesian government is doing their best to maintain it as well as possible, for international tourists to come and see. These are heritage monuments and deserve all care and custody for posterity to see and cherish

Old 07-05-2014, 07:37 AM

__I think Indonesia one of the countries in Southeast Asia still retain cultural of Buddhist / Hindu, and amazing to see dance and traditional costume especially Java. I see the different cultures of Malaysia they do not have a past culture like Indonesia, they have lot Arabian Culture and mixed another is more like Aceh and Brunei. and Indonesia has many ancient temples are still standing magnificent and become favorite place of foreign tourist arrivals to visit. ^^^^_

Old 07-05-2014, 12:32 PM

2 posts, read 3,688 times
Indonesia is one country over 500 million people??? 1 in countries with developing economies, I have traveled here, their lifestyle is very simple compared to other countries
---------------------------------
Tai nhac chuong hay

Old 07-05-2014, 07:27 PM

^^^_Estimates of the number of people Indonesia as you write still diverge, Indonesia Population about 260 million ( are not 500 million people????? ) + plus Chinese ethnicity. Indonesia developing economies fast, simple lifestyle Indonsians usually found in villages whereas in big cities a more modern lifestyle,*^^^^_

Old 10-28-2018, 01:22 AM

2 posts, read 3,524 times
From philosophy, Borobudur is Amazing, and not really correct if we call Borobudur as Temple, why ? becouse every Temple around the world there is Altar ( room for Pray or put somebody special body or ash, normally King) and Borobudur didn't have for me Borobudur more look's like Big Library then Temple, if we see from satelite we can see 3 Temple in one straight line, betwen them there is 2 big river, Elo river ( muddy river) and Progo ( clean River). Borobudur was built at 8th century, in that time Nusantara ( name beffore Indonesia) on Sriwijaya empire and the Capital at Palembang Sumatra Island (4 hour flight from Yogyakarta ) in that time must be need 6 month by horse, why they built Borobudur, still Mysterious.

and Prambanan from art is Magnificent, very beautyfull, relief on the wall more detail and 3D compare to Borobudur, I Am a stone mason, sculpture statue from Andesit or Basalt, same material for Borobudur and Prambanan Temple. from art I will choose Prambanan and fro philosophy I choose Borobudur, mysterious story on the wall guidance to Nirvana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia