Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2014, 07:14 AM

3,804 posts, read 6,170,358 times

Advertisements

So I guess the answer to the original question is that everyone thinks it is possible, but no one is sure so it probably isn't as likely for you to meet someone as it would be in the US. Sort of disappointing but also what I expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2014, 10:42 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,176,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
So I guess the answer to the original question is that everyone thinks it is possible, but no one is sure so it probably isn't as likely for you to meet someone as it would be in the US. Sort of disappointing but also what I expected.
Expat community is very incestuous.

Plus, Kuwait has a ton of U.S. military personnel.

My personal guess is that there will be Filipinas there ready to meet any white expat, or u.s. military. Those two hook up all over the world. Wherever you see U.S. Military, you see Filipinas.

You won't be dating Kuwaiti women though, or extremely unlikely. But, throughout much of the Middle East, the expats date the Russians, Filipinas, Ethiopians, etc.

Kuwait is one I haven't been to though. I've mostly heard its quite a bit more 'locked up', meaning few to no drinking places.

Regarding premarital sex being illegal. That's probably true. But...I have a feeling that sex is occurring...

Old 08-07-2014, 01:06 PM

7,639 posts, read 18,119,365 times
I love how the denizens of these forums equate "dating" with "having sex". Just love it.

Old 08-07-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
I love how the denizens of these forums equate "dating" with "having sex". Just love it.
I appreciate everyone's input even if it is a bit off topic. Maybe there was someone just wondering if it was possible to hook up with a new chick every week or get a hooker in these countries, and they can have their answer from this topic.

For better or worse I passed on the job based on it seeming unlikely that I could find a wife. Not an easy decision because I have loved my time overseas and hope to do it again someday, but I would like to give myself one last chance to get married and build a life with someone before I am too old.

Old 08-10-2014, 04:19 PM

3,065 posts, read 8,896,833 times
You may have found a wife, but unlikely she would' have been Kuwaiti. I do know of may AMericans who havedated and married Bahraini's , even Muslims, Including this famous case.

Meriam Al Khalifa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Princess and the Marine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-10-2014, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macjr82 View Post
You may have found a wife, but unlikely she would' have been Kuwaiti. I do know of may AMericans who havedated and married Bahraini's , even Muslims, Including this famous case.

Meriam Al Khalifa - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Princess and the Marine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That doesn't really affect it. I only mentioned Kuwait because that was where I would have been not because I was chasing Kuwaiti women in particular.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia