Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2020, 04:05 PM

102 posts, read 116,856 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2020, 05:05 PM

630 posts, read 526,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
I agree with you . btw also Filipinos there are a lot of similarities is many Austronesians , I can say eastern Indonesia like Flores ( NTT ) and Molucas are more Hispanic in culture than Filipino and those people look like a Portuguese mixed and they like to dance and party .. they many have western names ... their are very obedient to religion and majority are Christians

this they East Indonesians "NTT " looks like Brazilian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6iA_brcqdI
Portuguese aren't Hispanic to begin with, and the people dancing in that video just like the music they're dancing doesn't remind me the slightest bit of anything remotely Portuguese.

Old 02-14-2020, 11:27 PM

1,002 posts, read 908,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
Portuguese aren't Hispanic to begin with, and the people dancing in that video just like the music they're dancing doesn't remind me the slightest bit of anything remotely Portuguese.
sorry i think Portuguese is also Hispanic Oh I'm was wrong, coincidentally in Eastern Indonesia "Flores NTT ,Malucas,Manado " they have a lot of influence from Portuguese and Dutch no wonder they are more westernized even though some also hold local traditions and Majority is Cristian "Protestant and Catolic "

Old 02-14-2020, 11:36 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
do pinoys even want to be asian?

Old 02-15-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
sorry i think Portuguese is also Hispanic Oh I'm was wrong, coincidentally in Eastern Indonesia "Flores NTT ,Malucas,Manado " they have a lot of influence from Portuguese and Dutch no wonder they are more westernized even though some also hold local traditions and Majority is Cristian "Protestant and Catolic "
People from Flores, Moluccas may have received some influence from Portugal and Holland at one point in time, yet those influence are marginal and they are very similar to other Indonesians, or Austronesians than to Portuguese or Dutch.

Old 02-16-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_stick View Post
People from Flores, Moluccas may have received some influence from Portugal and Holland at one point in time, yet those influence are marginal and they are very similar to other Indonesians, or Austronesians than to Portuguese or Dutch.
Flores and Moluccas are certainly different from the Indonesians in the west in terms of physical appearance, culture etc. they are more influenced by western culture or colonialism ( Portuguise & Dutch ) while other Indonesians are more Asian.
Flores, Moluccas,Manado has western colonial and religious influences and maybe have highest European mixed blood compared to Filipinos
If other Indonesians like Bataknese and Dayaks (Christians) they are very similiar Indonesians more Asians
but Flores and Moluccas they have their own uniqueness that is different from other Indonesians ..many assume people of Flores and Moluccas is Latinas of Timor

Old 02-17-2020, 07:34 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
Quote:
Flores and Moluccas are certainly different from the Indonesians in the west in terms of physical appearance, culture etc. they are more influenced by western culture or colonialism ( Portuguise & Dutch ) while other Indonesians are more Asian.
Flores, Moluccas,Manado has western colonial and religious influences and maybe have highest European mixed blood compared to Filipinos
If other Indonesians like Bataknese and Dayaks (Christians) they are very similiar Indonesians more Asians
but Flores and Moluccas they have their own uniqueness that is different from other Indonesians ..many assume people of Flores and Moluccas is Latinas of Timor

I agree with this assessment

if only the bedoiun influence could be removed, I think indonesia would flourish more

Old 02-17-2020, 08:47 PM

1,284 posts, read 1,011,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bituingmaykinang View Post
Tortillas, Pupusas, Arepas are of American indigenous origin, not Spanish. Of course, you see this in the Americas. You really don't even see it in Spain

The same reason why the Philippine creoles eat putu, bibingka, Pinoy adobo, pancit, lumpia, biko, ube, pandan, sansrival - stuff you rarely see in Latin America. Not to mention, they also adopted some of the indigenous superstition.

Here is Peque Gallaga, himself of Spanish descent doing some "native sacrifice" to appease the spirits. This practice can still be seen in the Cordilleras (Igorotland)

The creoles are "more indigenous" than Filipino-Americans.

Jaime Fabregas. He is of Spanish descent from Bicol

BTW, I have appeared on that show's audience before. Here's video proof. I appear at 1:12-1:15 and 1:23-1:24 wearing a black-and-white striped shirt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzvOPvUOFQU

Last edited by jackierudetsky; 02-17-2020 at 09:14 PM..

Old 02-17-2020, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Indonesians could probably tell the difference, outsiders wouldn't. Since most Indonesians are Muslim , which isn't a religion/culture that originated in Asia, they're probably not more nor less Asians than mainstream Indonesians, don't you think?
Also people from East Timor aren't Latinos since they're not from Latin America, just like Indonesians being Muslims doesn't make them Arabs

Old 02-18-2020, 01:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I agree with this assessment

if only the bedoiun influence could be removed, I think indonesia would flourish more
influence can not removed ..because that is their culture which is very influenced by Portuguese and Dutch
In Indonesia it is the most diverse country so it's no wonder all are not the same
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia