Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 07:57 PM

1,014 posts, read 479,003 times

Advertisements

I see Indonesia as a race of dark color people. Maybe a little darker than the Philippines. I'm not sure if the lifestyle in Indonesia is agriculture. I do see a lot of buildings in Indonesia. Very modernize. Mexicans being in the Philippines, I don't know. I know they were from central America. There are a few Mexicans in Hawai'i. The origins of Mexicans are Spanish speaking people and from Mexico. They have both light color skin Latinos and dark color skins Mexicans. This also goes for the Filopinos. They have dark color skin and also light color skin Filopinos. I am not sure if Agriculture played a big part of the people in Indonesia and their outlook on life. But I did see some light color skin Indonesians. I'm taking it that they are the people who are more towards the city life and not agriculture jobs as one would suspect. In Hawai'i they just call the people who are of mixed race and hard to tell where the origins came from, Pacific Islanders. That is the ethnic group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 09:34 PM

1,002 posts, read 905,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyCable View Post
I see Indonesia as a race of dark color people. Maybe a little darker than the Philippines. I'm not sure if the lifestyle in Indonesia is agriculture. I do see a lot of buildings in Indonesia. Very modernize. Mexicans being in the Philippines, I don't know. I know they were from central America. There are a few Mexicans in Hawai'i. The origins of Mexicans are Spanish speaking people and from Mexico. They have both light color skin Latinos and dark color skins Mexicans. This also goes for the Filopinos. They have dark color skin and also light color skin Filopinos. I am not sure if Agriculture played a big part of the people in Indonesia and their outlook on life. But I did see some light color skin Indonesians. I'm taking it that they are the people who are more towards the city life and not agriculture jobs as one would suspect. In Hawai'i they just call the people who are of mixed race and hard to tell where the origins came from, Pacific Islanders. That is the ethnic group.
Indonesia is country in Se.Asian is indeed multi-racial which is similar to Brazil and Hawaii. in Philippines it is more homogeneous but if you compare physique such as skin color with people in western indonesia we can say that indonesians have more varied phenotypes than Filipinos in particular there are many provinces in Indo which majority people's have light skin with oriental face shapes and usually phenotypes or facial types of people Western Indonesia is more like Thai, Cambodian and Malay people. While in Central and Eastern Indonesia, it is more varied, a mixture of Western Indonesian, Melanesian and Europe
honest, Filipinos are more physically visible show Austronesian features , while Indonesians are generally more dominated by Austroasiatic, Austronesian, Chinese and Melanesian in terms of physical appearance and facial features

Old 01-06-2022, 11:31 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
Indonesia is country in Se.Asian is indeed multi-racial which is similar to Brazil and Hawaii. in Philippines it is more homogeneous but if you compare physique such as skin color with people in western indonesia we can say that indonesians have more varied phenotypes than Filipinos in particular there are many provinces in Indo which majority people's have light skin with oriental face shapes and usually phenotypes or facial types of people Western Indonesia is more like Thai, Cambodian and Malay people. While in Central and Eastern Indonesia, it is more varied, a mixture of Western Indonesian, Melanesian and Europe
honest, Filipinos are more physically visible show Austronesian features , while Indonesians are generally more dominated by Austroasiatic, Austronesian, Chinese and Melanesian in terms of physical appearance and facial features

There's nowhere in Indonesia where the people look European-mixed. You're confusing Melanesian admixture in Flores with European admixture. They can have similar features, especially the nose and eyes, but don't confuse the two. Also, don't confuse those albino Indonesians with European-mixed. They don't European mixed at all.

There's just nowhere in Indonesia where European colonial families still live like in the Philippines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GxyeAEdzlo

Besides the few Dutch Indos who were left behind (elderly now).

But I will say I don't think Indonesians are necessarily darker. They have the same range of colors that Filipinos can have: black to white. But they just have a lot more black people than we do. We have a few hundred thousand of them. They have millions. Indonesia is obviously a lot more diverse, but European admixture is virtually absent. There were a lot more Europeans in Indonesia than the Philippines in the past, but then Bersiap happened.

Also, most Cambodians and Thais don't have light skin and an "oriental face" You clearly have never traveled.

Old 01-06-2022, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
There's nowhere in Indonesia where the people look European-mixed. You're confusing Melanesian admixture in Flores with European admixture. They can have similar features, especially the nose and eyes, but don't confuse the two. Also, don't confuse those albino Indonesians with European-mixed. They don't European mixed at all.

There's just nowhere in Indonesia where European colonial families still live like in the Philippines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GxyeAEdzlo

Besides the few Dutch Indos who were left behind (elderly now).

But I will say I don't think Indonesians are necessarily darker. They have the same range of colors that Filipinos can have: black to white. But they just have a lot more black people than we do. We have a few hundred thousand of them. They have millions. Indonesia is obviously a lot more diverse, but European admixture is virtually absent. There were a lot more Europeans in Indonesia than the Philippines in the past, but then Bersiap happened.

Also, most Cambodians and Thais don't have light skin and an "oriental face" You clearly have never traveled.
you have never been to Indonesia because you do not know about Indonesian people directly? maybe you see on google that search "Indonesian people" of course find a lot of dark picture Indonesians rather than light. I never said Thai and Cambodian people have light skin and and oriental faces. I've been to Bangkok the people there are similar to those in Jakarta and also the people there have a mixture Chinese just like in Jakarta , but native Thais whose skin is not very different from Indonesia, especially in the western Indonesia

if Indonesia cares about number mixed race descent especially European, it will be much higher than in the Philippines

Old 01-07-2022, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Flores people are one of ethnic in Indonesia that have Europe influence and they are most mixed with Europe and have a colonial influence esspecially Portuguise .. There are Flores people whose white skin and sharp nose and white is a mixture of Europeans. what I show the video there are some like a Euro mixed .. interaction with Portuguese culture is felt in Flores culture

Some Flores place interesting places in Flores this influence from Europe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARaib1Yx8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7HzD_PkOqo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sv5U7uutTK4

Europe influence is not only in the Philippines but also in Estern Indonesia

Old 01-07-2022, 08:27 PM

The majority of the people in that video look Filipino. I dont see any European influence. People from Flores are heavily mixed with Melanesian. Melanesians can have sharp noses

https://miro.medium.com/max/1838/1*f...TafNGYyOg.jpeg

https://www.idhsustainabletrade.com/...west-papua.jpg

And about religion, if you look at East Timor, which is a bit more Portuguese-influenced than Flores and actually has some Portuguese-mixed elites. Even there, most people weren't Catholic until 1975, when Indonesia took over and forced everyone to choose from one of the approved religions. Before that, most people were animists. But Indonesia likes to act like animists don't exist. And most people didn't know Portuguese until after independence from Indonesia when they wanted to choose a new official language.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Inj6cK5F9A

The Portuguese and Dutch weren't very interested in spreading their culture or religion. It was more economic colonization.

Old 01-07-2022, 11:44 PM

Quote:
The majority of the people in that video look Filipino. I dont see any European influence. People from Flores are heavily mixed with Melanesian. Melanesians can have sharp noses

their Flores people not only mixed Melanesian but but have European mixed too

You think only the Philippines has European influence? in the Eastren Indonesia where the majority are Christian religon , who spreads it if it is immigrants from Europe. I'm not much familiar with Flores but I read and learn history is an island in central- eastern part of Indonesia that has European influence in Indonesia. you're are still evasive oh yes I put the video above the first Vidio " Larantuka " is Portuguese influence in Flores while the second and third videos are Dutch or Belanda , meaning that in Flores not only Portuguese but Dutch are also present there with their influence and larger mixed race there

Old 01-07-2022, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiko_shanyang View Post
I searched on youtube Eastern Indonesians especially Flores ( NTT ) and Moluccas
honestly i like them average have a great voice, great at dancing and also their culture.
I think they are more beautiful than Pinays hehe... the majority of them is Christians so they can't be separated from Portuguese and Dutch influences in Flores and Moluccas in Indonesia

here their faces are more mixed blood

FLORES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJbXWgmfj-M

MOLUCCAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atJQLSB2Hh4

here some from Flores people they are very similar to other Indonesians

FLORES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ftme0hVArM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9nIzzadRmA
Manolopo .. First vidio if you look at the women above some look mixed european because you only see a glimpse

and this two guys Flores descent their both looks like mixed portuguise maybe their is Euro /Portuguse descent because name andovi da lopez and his brother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj6U6pjq03g

Old 01-08-2022, 12:33 AM

You keep equating being Christian with being mixed with European. You know people converted right? Especially in Indonesia, where people have to belong to an approved religion. Animism wasn't an option. If being Christian means being mixed with European, then you're saying that 90% of Filipinos are mixed with European? LOL.

Also, last names don't mean anything. Most Filipinos have Spanish last names. It doesn't mean Spanish ancestry. In former Portuguese colonies, people took on Portuguese names when they converted to Catholicism. Neither of those guys looks mixed with European.

You're never going to meet a Dutch or Portuguese person who is from Indonesia unless they're elderly or a recent expat.

A young white girl. He asks where she's from (3:10). She says she's from the Philippines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAk2ta-xD1o

We still have a population of colonial-descended Europeans who aren't elderly or dying that still call the Philippines their home. Indonesians Bersiaped them out of existence.

Old 01-09-2022, 07:35 PM

10,864 posts, read 6,464,793 times
Someone once pointed out there is not enough Spaniards to populate Central America(Mexico,Honduras,El SAlvador,Guatamala) and Philipines,most of the folks there may have Spanish last name but hardly any Spanish blood in them.
The white skin folks are mostly Europeans who arrived later-german,Italian,Portuguese,Spanish,Greek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia