Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 10:56 AM

5,443 posts, read 4,679,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Native Americans are pretty much Asians. Look at their faces and you would know. Or check where they came from.

But I agree it probably isn't genetic. Babies are tolerant and it is when we don't consume dairy products for long when we become intolerant.

I am saying only Asians have straight hair just that only we are almost all straight haired.
I would Pacific Islanders to that group also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 02:00 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amercity View Post
Asians are pretty interesting. Mentally they are also different from the other races. They all tend to be very shy and mysterious. Its strange but every asian i have met is shy and mysterious. Just like most black people i meet tend to be loud and agressive
That's not genetics, that's cultural. You ever meet a Chinese guy born and raised in Puerto Rico? Just wait and see if you haven't.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:10 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Ever seen white and black people spend big bucks to straighten their hair? About 99.9% Asians have straight hair. It can be hot with 100% humidity and my hair will still be straight instead of curled up like a mess.

In some sense, we East Asians are the X-men! We just evolved differently.
Your definition of "East Asian" is very limited. There are the AInu, with thick, wavy or kinky hair hair (except for those with significant Japanese admixture), and some of the Nivkh and Manchu peoples along the Amur River also have kinky or frizzy hair, as do some Tibetans. Some of this is is due to a higher percentage of the early "Negrito" genes in those populations, that D Y-DNA haplogroup. And as you probably know, Central Asians/Inner Asians are traditionally herders, so they tolerate lactose just fine.

What about tooth type? Have you looked into who has the shovel-style front teeth, and who doesn't? There are lots of interesting points of comparison.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:13 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Asians are pretty interesting. Mentally they are also different from the other races. They all tend to be very shy and mysterious. Its strange but every asian i have met is shy and mysterious. Just like most black people i meet tend to be loud and agressive
Ever heard of the Mongols? The Tatars? They overran most of Asia and half of Europe, in their day. Not so shy. Even now, they're not shy, generally.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Ever heard of the Mongols? The Tatars? They overran most of Asia and half of Europe, in their day. Not so shy. Even now, they're not shy, generally.
I had a Mongolian friend in my city, who was smoking hot, and no old fat ugly white guy with gray hair would dare approach her like the pervs do in Thailand and the Philippines; if she didn't like you she would tell you. My Korean friends are the same way.

Old 07-26-2015, 03:17 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Perhaps Amercity is just sarcastic putting us on about how we generalize about other races and groups.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:48 PM

1,007 posts, read 2,015,101 times
Quote:
I guess you've never met an asian-american before? (or -canadian and so forth??)

Old 07-26-2015, 05:57 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,203,689 times
Quote:
You know the important stuff white and black people can't live without,deodorant? It is hard to find them in a China or Korea. About 5% of Chinese have noticeable body odour, vs about 90% among Caucacians and 99% of blacks. In Chinese we call that "fox stink" because it is unusual and unpleasant while among other races it is common (unusual not to have it). This is why they take a shower in the MORNING. I can go without a show for a week and nobody will smell anything (not that it is something we should do). Basically all humans carry this gene (like all animals) when they left Africa but only east Asians lost it somehow.
Where did you get your stats? The thing about body odor is that persons who have it cannot smell it themselves. I would say that your 5% for Chinese and 90% for Caucasians do not exactly reflect my nose's experience. I would rather have someone who applies deodorant and/or showers daily sit next to me in a crowded train/bus rather than someone who thinks they have some kind of genetic advantage and has not showered for 3 days! I actually had the unpleasant experience of having to ask my close friend (ethnic Chinese) to stop writing his school paper for a few minutes and take a shower first, because we can smell him just by sitting next to him, for he has not showered in three days. That was the first and last time we noticed his body odor... so please, no one attempt one week without shower and assume no one can smell anything!

Old 07-26-2015, 06:13 PM

2,768 posts, read 1,583,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
...no old fat ugly white guy with gray hair would dare approach her like the pervs do in Thailand and the Philippines...
Did old fat ugly Thai or Philippine guys also get rejected?

Old 07-26-2015, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
Did old fat ugly Thai or Philippine guys also get rejected?
Duh. Why would a sane woman in her 20s actually go out with someone old enough to be her father? Unless they have $$$$
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia