Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 08:26 AM

1,110 posts, read 982,635 times

Advertisements

what a double standard. you can take someone seriously if they bash chinese cities,
but cannot if someone is bashing developed cities? LOL. have you guys really visited China when you make such comments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
It's hard to take your comments seriously when you say things like "...quality of those developed cities is a joke..."

You are bashing "developed cities" while complaining about other people doing the same to Chinese cities, stop and think about that for a moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2017, 09:21 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oistrakh12 View Post
Which country has cleaner cities?
You are joking right? That has got to be some sort of trick question.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:06 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,718,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Yeah. I agree. But China should take advantage of the low labor costs and build as much as possible now, which it seems like they are doing. Eventually those labor costs will raise and it's good to have a well developed infrastructure before it gets ridiculously expensive. Just like your Toronto example.
Exactly.

China should get all its infrastructure done when labour is cheap. Right now, the average time to build a completely subway is 3-4 years, compared with 10-15 years in western countries, at a fraction of the cost.

Labour cost always rose sharply. In 2005, a cleaning lady was willing to work for RMB 5-6/hour (less than a dollar). Today, you have to pay three times as much, in a matter of 12 years.

Old 05-04-2017, 12:33 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,896,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
what a double standard. you can take someone seriously if they bash chinese cities,
but cannot if someone is bashing developed cities? LOL. have you guys really visited China when you make such comments?
I already said Chinese cities are very clean and cleaner then many developed cities. I said I was very impressed with Chinese cleanliness. Clean does not only equal trash in streets and China has a long way to go as far as cleaning up their water and air. I believe they will get there eventually, just not yet.

I don't take people seriously who only bash Chinese cities either, so I don't believe I have a double standard. I just thought it was comical for you to complain about people bashing Chinese cities and then to bash other countries cities in the same paragraph, that is a double standard. Don't get upset about what some random people on the internet think. People who constantly bash China (or other countries) have some personal issues to sort out. You seem like a smart person, but arguing with the internet can be a lost cause, not everyone here has an open mind and wants to learn new things.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:43 AM

344 posts, read 244,910 times
Chinese cities are undeniably much cleaner but India has so much more color, music, and warmth!

Air pollution in both countries is very bad though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia