Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 12:09 AM

10 posts, read 5,048 times

Advertisements

And Japs or the US won't sink that low to accept Taiwan as their province or state. The filipinos played this story before.

Sometimes, the certain vines cannot be accepted into the gardens.

Last edited by custmerialname; 06-27-2017 at 12:20 AM.. Reason: fixing grammars
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 01:36 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,722,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I certainly am more representative than a bunch of foreigners who have never been here yet have no problem to pose as experts.

And your rant is pointless. It was based on a hypothetical premise at the very beginning. This is not about whether Japan or America would want to take the deal, that's another issue, it's about what people might like. What GoodHombre said is true. People here do consider the US and Japan to be vastly superior (which is largely correct), yet some foreigners here seem to claim that they know the situation better, which is pretty retarded, to say the least.
what people might like is pointless as well. Trust me Many Shanghainese might like to be part of Japan or the US too, what's the point? As I said, many Canadians dont mind merge Canada with the US.

From your previous posts which can't refrain from using words such as "sh&tty" "sh&thole" etc whenever talking about Taiwan itself, you represent nobody but yourself. You just seem to hate everything except Japan and the US (which is far from what you would like to think).

Old 06-27-2017, 01:57 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,440,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
what people might like is pointless as well. Trust me Many Shanghainese might like to be part of Japan or the US too, what's the point? As I said, many Canadians dont mind merge Canada with the US.
Yet you were saying as if people here might want otherwise.

Quote:
From your previous posts which can't refrain from using words such as "sh&tty" "sh&thole" etc whenever talking about Taiwan itself, you represent nobody but yourself. You just seem to hate everything except Japan and the US (which is far from what you would like to think).
Lol I speak ill about it because I know what things are like. Foreigners will never understand because they are well, foreigners, unless they have lived here long enough.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:45 AM

1,110 posts, read 983,059 times
some online polling in China says most chinese just don't care about what taiwanese want,
. they can be japanese, americanese, philipinos. Just get the hell out of the Chinese territory. Then China can use the island for a military base or whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
Taiwan was a former colony of Japan and the majority of Taiwanese are very fond of Japanese culture.

American culture is considered superior in Taiwan. They would be happy to be the 51st state. Unfortunately, the US doesn't want them. Another twenty million Asians? No way.

If you believe they are nationalist, you seem to suggest that Taiwan is a nation, which contradicts your belief, lol.

The ruling class doesn't want their powe taken away, that's why the propaganda trys to make Taiwanese believe they are an independent nation with their own identity. It's the ruling class that wants independence. For normal folks, it's better to be annexed to an affluent country like Japan or the US. I can't tell which country they like better, though.

Unfortunately, most normal folks are not intelligent enough to figure out that they have been manipulated by the ruling class under the name of patriotism. I am not talking about Taiwan only, I'm taking about every country, from Taiwan independence to America first to anti Japanese sentiment in China. The nationalists in every country are the least intelligent population. The difference is, Make America Great Again is mocked in the US, whereas Taiwan embraces nationalism without hesitation.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:48 AM

1,110 posts, read 983,059 times
Of course, there is no real "impact". So why the hell does TW's ministry of Foreign affairs still exist? To maintain relationship with those tiny island countries that will submerge within 10 years?
LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
DID BEIJING JUST GAIN PANAMA AND LOSE TAIPEI?
The Republic of China is now officially recognised by only 19 nations, but it’s “unofficial†ties with major global players that really matter

BY CARY HUANG

Did Beijing just gain Panama and lose Taipei? | This Week In Asia | South China Morning Post

In practical terms, the abandonment is just a symbolic blow. Taipei has little to lose materially or economically from Panama. The Central American country accounts for only 0.04 per cent of Taiwan’s exports.

But in practical terms, Taipei’s diplomacy and national security is more dependent on “unofficial ties†with major regional and global players such as Europe, Japan and the United States – especially the US in terms of military protection.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
some online polling in China says most chinese just don't care about what taiwanese want,
. they can be japanese, americanese, philipinos. Just get the hell out of the Chinese territory. Then China can use the island for a military base or whatever.
I actually know some friends who exactly think so. They are totally fine with TW being independent, but they have to vacate the island that belongs to China. They have a point.

Old 06-29-2017, 12:16 AM

Quote:
I actually know some friends who exactly think so. They are totally fine with TW being independent, but they have to vacate the island that belongs to China. They have a point.
Of course they do.

I don't really get why you have to keep pretending as if you were so above China's crap when you are basically the No. 1 defender and spokesperson for it. Talk about hypocrisy.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Of course they do.

I don't really get why you have to keep pretending as if you were so above China's crap when you are basically the No. 1 defender and spokesperson for it. Talk about hypocrisy.
Of course they have a point.

That was a civil war in the 1940, one side lost and hide into/take over an island, which belongs to the country.

Keep in mind both sides (Mao and Chiang) firmly believed in ONE CHINA. Neither wanted China to split into two countries. BOTH BELIEVED IN ONE CHINA.

Now 70 years later, party B said "sorry I want to be one my own and have nothing to do with you - We are not Chinese and we want to be China any more" - well if it is the people's wishes, I am fine with it, but you don't get to keep the land and all the resources that belonged to a country called "China" (let it be PoC or PRoC). You want a new country, you go find a new piece of land and start from scratch.

Old 06-29-2017, 07:48 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,332,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gen2010 View Post
In your reply, you imply that Taiwan is Chinese territory. I thought exactly that topic should be avoided according to the mods, to avoid discussions about this issue.

Old 06-29-2017, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Of course they have a point.

That was a civil war in the 1940, one side lost and hide into/take over an island, which belongs to the country.

Keep in mind both sides (Mao and Chiang) firmly believed in ONE CHINA. Neither wanted China to split into two countries. BOTH BELIEVED IN ONE CHINA.

Now 70 years later, party B said "sorry I want to be one my own and have nothing to do with you - We are not Chinese and we want to be China any more" - well if it is the people's wishes, I am fine with it, but you don't get to keep the land and all the resources that belonged to a country called "China" (let it be PoC or PRoC). You want a new country, you go find a new piece of land and start from scratch.
What a load of crap.

Over the course of history plenty of lands used to be China as well, then some other stuff happened, and then they stopped being China. Same with other countries in Europe and whatnot. Taiwan is exactly like that, since 1895 the only period of time where it belonged to your idea of China is between 1945 to 1949, which is four years. The ROC is just a rhetoric for coexistence. Everyone knows it has nothing to deal with the real China since the Civil War.

If you want all the lands from the Qing dynasty back, you go call Russia, or Vietnam, or some other countries on the border, a lot had belonged to China for way longer than we had, the only reason we are bothered now while they aren't is because Chiang and his cronies were a bunch of idiots and didn't give up this ROC crap when they could, so we are suffering from the consequences.

You can keep claiming crapshoot like Taiwanese are Chinese blahblahblah, the truth is Taiwan has gone through a completely different path on history, which is being a southern island inhabited by aborigines, then a colony to other countries; it's not a glorious one, but it has nothing to deal with your imperial pipe dream, and it will continue to go on this distinct historical path and sort things out (though it's gonna be a really bumpy one given how remarkably revolting the politicians and how dumb the population are), whether you like it or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia