Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 12:36 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,967,960 times

Advertisements

The Taiwanese are anti-commie, make better electronics, and have much cleaner cities and food supplies. Sometimes they can seem more westernized than the Japanese who are known as the Germans of Asia.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:41 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,716,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Roach View Post
The Taiwanese are anti-commie, make better electronics, and have much cleaner cities and food supplies. Sometimes they can seem more westernized than the Japanese who are known as the Germans of Asia.
except elctronics, what else high end does Taiwan make and is well known for?

PC market is dying, and we all know HTC is dying as well.

Taiwan is not very "westernized", probably more so than Japan (every Asian country is).

Old 07-16-2017, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold miner View Post
Wait until you meet Redneck Americans. You may not see them because they don't apply for passports and travel around.
can't help laughing over this.

What I often hear is "what's the point of traveling to other countries, the 50 states in AmEEErica is like 50 countries". Always a good joke.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:58 AM

8,864 posts, read 8,435,567 times
Quote:
Obviously not Westernised enough, hence all the morons and pathetic problems.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:04 AM

Hon hai is the third largest IT company in the world. Taiwan is the 22 and largest economy, with a mere 23 million population. Taiwan is one of the Four Tigers of Asia, and was almost unscathed from the 1997 meltdown.

Old 07-16-2017, 04:41 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,331,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold miner View Post
Wait until you meet Redneck Americans. You may not see them because they don't apply for passports and travel around.
Most rural Americans are very friendly and helpful though, even if they may appear like "rednecks". Many don't have the money to travel around but if they have been to the military, they have often seen many parts of the world.

Old 07-16-2017, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Hon hai is the third largest IT company in the world. Taiwan is the 22 and largest economy, with a mere 23 million population. Taiwan is one of the Four Tigers of Asia, and was almost unscathed from the 1997 meltdown.
IT? More like a chain of sweatshops.

22nd largest economy is nothing. Australia has around the same population and it's the 12th or something. The Netherlands only has 17 million people and it's like the 16th.

Taiwan was unscathed from the 1997 meltdown but we have since stagnated. There really isn't anything to be proud of or too impressive about this place. I'm really done with it and ready to move the hell out and never look back.

Old 07-16-2017, 03:38 PM

You sound bitter. Perhaps a stint as a Microsoft call center subcontractor would be good reeducation for you. Comments about Americans without passports simp!y means you watch too much Michael Moore. We had students from every country on the planet at my school system in Virginia. I don't think anyone could say we lost the battle against communism. Working, saving, and investing works lime a charm...apparently Bernie Sanders, the lezbo teachers union, and the rest of the Left disagree, but I have witnessed it so many times. There is excellent public housing g in Portland...so good it has a seven year waiting list....get in line...free for everyone.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:34 PM

Quote:
You sound bitter. Perhaps a stint as a Microsoft call center subcontractor would be good reeducation for you. Comments about Americans without passports simp!y means you watch too much Michael Moore. We had students from every country on the planet at my school system in Virginia. I don't think anyone could say we lost the battle against communism. Working, saving, and investing works lime a charm...apparently Bernie Sanders, the lezbo teachers union, and the rest of the Left disagree, but I have witnessed it so many times. There is excellent public housing g in Portland...so good it has a seven year waiting list....get in line...free for everyone.
Who? Me? I said nothing about American rednecks or passports. I think America is pretty good and I don't have any problem with it. It certainly is like a trillion times better than Taiwan.

Last edited by Greysholic; 07-16-2017 at 11:01 PM..

Old 07-17-2017, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Dakota View Post
Most rural Americans are very friendly and helpful though, even if they may appear like "rednecks". Many don't have the money to travel around but if they have been to the military, they have often seen many parts of the world.
friendly and helpful if you are white, Christian and straight I suppose?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia