Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2018, 06:28 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
I thought you just said that the US is not evil. Contradicting Yourself?

The "Axis of Evil" remark made by Bush was stupid to begin with. Evil is not something you can just casually ascribe to a whole nation.

What's your beef with Israel? I get that you don't like SA and most of us in the West are not comfortable with the relationship with that country. The US and Israel are no saints, but putting them in the same context as Saudi Arabia is ridiculous. Israel is the most progressive country in the ME.
Fine.

I’m not really on the whole Israel is evil bandwagon, I simply their foreign policy (not domestic) was in support of the US-Saudi Agenda and you need three to make an Axis.

If you want you can replace it with the UAE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2018, 07:11 PM

4,432 posts, read 6,981,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
No, North Korea wasn’t going to “nuke up” until the US destroyed Iraq and Lybia. Un saw what BS America peace promises were so he made them to stop a ground invasion by the Americans.

As for North Korea being a brutal dictatorship I will say any are. We (the US) support Chad which is a brutal dictatorship and yet we don’t threaten to turn their country in nuclear ash. Think about that for a second.
Actually North Korea development of nuclear weapons first began several decades ago. Even when North Korea signed the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the UN report found inconsistencies with the North Korea nuclear program.

North Korea was enriching uranium during the 1990s, with the help of Pakistan which was developing nuclear weapons. It was fast tracking itself then to develop nuclear weapons. It did cover up and denied it even when they were members of the IAEA.

Since they were part of IAEA they were violating the agreement of developing nuclear weapons. At least Pakistan never signed the IAEA and has some honesty with their nuclear program.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:22 PM

3,211 posts, read 2,241,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Don't get too attached to them. They may get the same fate as the cheerleaders in 2005, who were imprisoned, along with their families.
Who knew cheerleading could be such a dangerous career choice. No wonder they're so well synchronized, if you're off your game, off to the Gulag you and your family go and then the family is pissed at you.

Old 02-20-2018, 11:32 PM

5,428 posts, read 3,493,078 times
Quote:
Fine.

I’m not really on the whole Israel is evil bandwagon, I simply their foreign policy (not domestic) was in support of the US-Saudi Agenda and you need three to make an Axis.

If you want you can replace it with the UAE.
Even then the UAE is still one of the more progressive Gulf states.

Using your NK logic, we could also say that Israel is defending itself against Iranian-Syrian aggression as both countries have threatened to wipe it off a map.

Axis of Evil is a childish term to begin with, we should refrain from using it anywhere.

I'm also not convinced that Kim is really concerned about his people. He cares primarily about himself. He is using the possibility of attack to increase his power.

BTW, the biggest contributor to Gaddafi's fall was France, not the US.

Old 02-21-2018, 06:36 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,969,909 times
Quote:
That’s what happens when you keep trying to invade a country. When Bill Clinton made a deal with NK both sides kept to it until Bush came to power and threatened them as the axis of evil (which is actually the US, Saudi Arabia, and Israel) which then fractured all progress.

America is to blame.
We never tried to invade North Korea. Which makes your "blame" claim ridiculous.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:01 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
No, North Korea wasn’t going to “nuke up” until the US destroyed Iraq and Lybia. Un saw what BS America peace promises were so he made them to stop a ground invasion by the Americans.

As for North Korea being a brutal dictatorship I will say any are. We (the US) support Chad which is a brutal dictatorship and yet we don’t threaten to turn their country in nuclear ash. Think about that for a second.
North Korea started its nuclear program way before the Gulf War. As the other guy said they got nuclear technology in the 90s but, really, it started in the 60s as they were trying to get it's nuclear program from both Russia and PRC, 80s saw development of nuclear reactors, etc. It had nothing to do with the Gulf War.

And...Libya? huh?

Chad has never threatened to destroy the US (as laughable as it is). N. Korea has.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:27 AM

116 posts, read 191,957 times
I hope the OP is being sarcastic, or at least not serious about some of the arguments he's making.

No sane person in South Korea wants unification with the North. There's just too much to bear at the moment.

Also, not many people outside of Korea knows this, but it is very clear to me that the current South Korean president is a communist (or at the very least, he's very sympathetic to the communist regime in the North) and that already there are many brainwashed South Koreans who think that unification is the only way to further economic and cultural progress. Not to mention thousands of highly educated North Korean spies in South Korea and even in the U.S. writing news press articles to try to brainwash the general public.

OP, are you sure you are not one of those brainwashed people? I'm not trying to insult you intentionally, but the tone of your posts makes me think nothing but otherwise. There's usually a rhetoric that the North (and their affiliated commies) use a lot, and yours is very similar to what I've seen before.

Why does the current S.Korean President Moon wants communism on the peninsula?

Well, the answer is simple: he just wants what the Kim family has been enjoying for years; the one-man dictatorship. He could care less about the actual communist ideals.

And the North knows how easily manipulated Moon can be, and uses his greed to get what they want: money from the South.

There are just too many corrupt officials in Korea who want nothing but that.

Unification with the North would be an utter disaster for all Koreans, and would also cause a significant economic ripple in the rest of the Asia-pacific region.

But probably in the long run, there's one country that would benefit much from the two Korea's fall, and that is Japan.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by attisbons View Post
I hope the OP is being sarcastic, or at least not serious about some of the arguments he's making.

No sane person in South Korea wants unification with the North. There's just too much to bear at the moment.

Also, not many people outside of Korea knows this, but it is very clear that the current South Korean president is a communist (or at the very least, he's very sympathetic to the communist regime in the North) and that already there are many brainwashed South Koreans who think that unification is the only way to further economic and cultural progress. Not to mention thousands of highly educated North Korean spies in South Korea and even in the U.S. writing news press articles to try to brainwash the general public.

OP, are you sure you are not one of those brainwashed people? I'm not trying to insult you intentionally, but the tone of your posts makes me think nothing but otherwise. There's usually a rhetoric that the North (and their affiliated commies) use a lot, and yours is very similar to what I've seen before.

Why does the current S.Korean President Moon wants communism on the peninsula?

Well, the answer is simple: he just wants what the Kim family has been enjoying for years; the one-man dictatorship. He could care less about the actual communist ideals.

There are just too many corrupt officials in Korea who want nothing but that.
Brainwashing works both ways. Also you contradicted yourself by first saying no South Korean wants reunification and then saying the president and his brainwashed supporters do.

I’d tell you give it a chance. We’ve had escalated tensions via US order since the Cold War and that plus sanctions have hurt the North Korean people more than anything Kim had done.

Give peace a chance.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
We never tried to invade North Korea. Which makes your "blame" claim ridiculous.
Really? Then why do we have missiles and tanks and sanctions meant to “destroy the regime”. Imagine if a country occupied Canada and Mexico, armed the borders, did military drills, and then talked about when the US was going to “end”.

Americans would be bloodthirsty and angry. They would demand this occupying force be bomb to the ground and their children killed (keep in mind after 9/11 (which is nothing compared to what we do) average people were going on Howard Stern seriously saying we have to kill the kids or they’ll become terrorists).

I know you’ll say that is because NK is bad but just think for a second about the reverse propaganda the US is committing.

Old 02-21-2018, 07:45 AM

116 posts, read 191,957 times
Quote:
Brainwashing works both ways. Also you contradicted yourself by first saying no South Korean wants reunification and then saying the president and his brainwashed supporters do.

I’d tell you give it a chance. We’ve had escalated tensions via US order since the Cold War and that plus sanctions have hurt the North Korean people more than anything Kim had done.

Give peace a chance.
I'm not contradicting myself. I said no SANE South Korean wants reunification. No offense, but I don't see the president and/or his brainwashed supporters as sane.

OP, are you a Korean or a Korean living overseas? I just don't know of any non-Korean person so heavily invested in the two Koreas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia