Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 04:13 AM

4 posts, read 2,947 times

Advertisements

Hi all
I’m an Italian citizen and residence in the UAE (Dubai) for quite some time.

Some months ago; My filipina girlfriend got pregnant and we decided to keep the baby. We were very short time together... but it happened.

Thing is, not being married and both of us dont want to get married (and not to continue our relationship) she had to go back to her home country to give birth.

Questions:

- Can I recognize the child without marriage in the Philippines? And give him Italian citizenship? And does this give him the status of illegitimate child?
- Does the mother get any right if I recognize the child?
- If i go to Philippines to see the child and recognize; can i ask for paternity test first as I’m not 100% sure is mine?
- If i go to Philippines; is there any risk to get arrested or not to be able to leave country without mother’s consent?

- I want to support the child; but does this mean satisfying all mother’s request or is there a specific rule/amount?

- does the child inherit anything from me or has rights over my assets? but in UAE children without marriage are not recognized; how is the international law about it? Also Does the child have rights in Italy over my assets?

- do I have any right of visitation of the child? I will need always consent of the mother if I want to take him with me to other countries?

I want to be the father of this Child but I do not want to move there as all my work is in UAE.. I would like to raise him alone but the mother would never consent. I want to see him and provide for him but I do not wish to be in the position to obey to all mother’s requests..

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 04:20 AM

179 posts, read 185,134 times
Were you cohabiting/living together before the time you got her pregnant? How long for? How did it happen?

How long have you been together in a relationship?

Old 04-28-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianf91 View Post
Were you cohabiting/living together before the time you got her pregnant? How long for? How did it happen?

How long have you been together in a relationship?
We were never living together and never formally in relationship. She was on pills but she missed taking it 1 or 2 times

Is this relevant?

Old 04-28-2019, 07:33 AM

12,391 posts, read 8,161,837 times
You can recognize the child without marriage and he will carry your family name rather than the mothers's. Without recognition by you the child will have the mother's family name.

Support can be demanded from the non custodial parent.

Beyond that consult an attorney who practices Philippines family law. And one for Italian law and their citizenship requirements.

Old 04-28-2019, 04:14 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,482,861 times
did you take DNA test?

Old 04-28-2019, 06:12 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzante View Post
Hi all
I’m an Italian citizen and residence in the UAE (Dubai) for quite some time.

Some months ago; My filipina girlfriend got pregnant and we decided to keep the baby. We were very short time together... but it happened.

Thing is, not being married and both of us dont want to get married (and not to continue our relationship) she had to go back to her home country to give birth.

Questions:

- Can I recognize the child without marriage in the Philippines? And give him Italian citizenship? And does this give him the status of illegitimate child?
- If i go to Philippines to see the child and recognize; can i ask for paternity test first as I’m not 100% sure is mine?
- If i go to Philippines; is there any risk to get arrested or not to be able to leave country without mother’s consent?

- I want to support the child; but does this mean satisfying all mother’s request or is there a specific rule/amount?

- does the child inherit anything from me or has rights over my assets? but in UAE children without marriage are not recognized; how is the international law about it? Also Does the child have rights in Italy over my assets?

- do I have any right of visitation of the child? I will need always consent of the mother if I want to take him with me to other countries?

I want to be the father of this Child but I do not want to move there as all my work is in UAE.. I would like to raise him alone but the mother would never consent. I want to see him and provide for him but I do not wish to be in the position to obey to all mother’s requests..

Thank you
Not too much to be worried about Italy or Philippines. But dont get into legal trouble in UAE . They dont show much mercy

Old 04-28-2019, 09:00 PM

1,141 posts, read 2,204,659 times
Since Philippine laws are written in English, you can google Family Code of the Philippines and read some answers to your questions.

In general, yes, children born out of wedlock are considered illegitimate. If you recognize paternity of the child, he/she can use your surname. And you are required to support the child. The child is also entitled to inherit from your estate, in general, half of what your legitimate children gets. Sole custody is still with the mother though, unless she's unable to support the child by herself and willingly give up the obligation.

You can check Italian citizenship laws yourself, as I guess that they should be written in Italian and child is most likely entitled to it. But if the child is born in the Philippines to a single Filipina mother, he/she will be a Filipino citizen first and because sole custody according to Philippine laws are with the mother, you cannot take him/her out of the country without the mother's consent.

If you want to support the child, I don't see how the mother can demand more than what you want to give. Not sure about any set amount, but since you're not even in the country, I don't see that it is enforceable to demand for more or anything. Visitation rights are all up to you and the mother. There are no resources in the Philippines to enforce or monitor parental visits.

I don't see any reason anyone can prevent you from taking a DNA paternity test before admitting paternity. After all, that's what the test is for? And that should be available in the Philippines. And no, unless your gf/mother of your child is Muslim, there should be no complications. You can't be arrested or prevented to leave the Philippines for fathering an illegitimate child. However, your child can't leave the country without the mother's consent though. If your GF is Muslim though, the Family Code of the Philippines does not apply to her... Sharia Law might apply to her situation, which doesn't look very good for her or you...

Old 04-28-2019, 09:44 PM

3,410 posts, read 4,469,703 times
I'm surprised neither of you or are interested in marriage.

What exactly is compelling you to raise a child from a woman you were never in a "formal relationship" with? Just get a paternity test, send like $750 a month (they'll live very well in the Philippines), and try to get the kid Italian citizenship to set him up for the future.

Being a single Italian father in the UAE with a biracial kid doesn't sound like fun. Explaining him to other potential partners and your family probably won't be fun either... "So I was shagging this maid/whatever from the Philippines raw in the UAE..."

Gents, use condoms. Because kids, herpes, and HIV are for life, bros!!!!

Old 04-29-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenTiger View Post
Since Philippine laws are written in English, you can google Family Code of the Philippines and read some answers to your questions.

In general, yes, children born out of wedlock are considered illegitimate. If you recognize paternity of the child, he/she can use your surname. And you are required to support the child. The child is also entitled to inherit from your estate, in general, half of what your legitimate children gets. Sole custody is still with the mother though, unless she's unable to support the child by herself and willingly give up the obligation.

You can check Italian citizenship laws yourself, as I guess that they should be written in Italian and child is most likely entitled to it. But if the child is born in the Philippines to a single Filipina mother, he/she will be a Filipino citizen first and because sole custody according to Philippine laws are with the mother, you cannot take him/her out of the country without the mother's consent.

If you want to support the child, I don't see how the mother can demand more than what you want to give. Not sure about any set amount, but since you're not even in the country, I don't see that it is enforceable to demand for more or anything. Visitation rights are all up to you and the mother. There are no resources in the Philippines to enforce or monitor parental visits.

I don't see any reason anyone can prevent you from taking a DNA paternity test before admitting paternity. After all, that's what the test is for? And that should be available in the Philippines. And no, unless your gf/mother of your child is Muslim, there should be no complications. You can't be arrested or prevented to leave the Philippines for fathering an illegitimate child. However, your child can't leave the country without the mother's consent though. If your GF is Muslim though, the Family Code of the Philippines does not apply to her... Sharia Law might apply to her situation, which doesn't look very good for her or you...
Thank you very much, that replies to most.

GF is Catholic so no Sharia Law problem

Just the following questions:

- Does the Child have rights over my assets in UAE, in Italy or both?

Thank youuu

Old 04-29-2019, 03:09 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,763,680 times
The kid will have a miserable life.
If the Catholic faith does not prevent pregnancy out of wedlock, why are you afraid of abortion? (Not to say I encourage it.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia