Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 03:35 PM

1,195 posts, read 986,556 times

Advertisements

Indians share most the same language and food as Indians, in fact it was India. What Pakistanis do in UK is irrelevant.

It's laughable to think any non-brown people can notice the differences when even Punjabis don't care or notice in the western world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Way Resident View Post
India is a huge country. Its true that someone who is Tamil has little in common with your average Pakistani, but that's not the case with the North. Hindi and Urdu are very similar languages. The main thing separating them is the script, with Urdu obviously taking its cue from Arabic due to the proliferation of Islam.
My Hindu grandpa from north India knows Urdu, it's funny when people try to drag him into the Indo-Paki discussion, because from his young adulthood they were all the same nationality.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
just speak english and sanskrit

makes life easier
mana nama dangerous boy

Old 08-28-2018, 09:33 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I agree that we should focus on science and add that humanistic ideals are a good guide in place of religious dogma, but constantly focusing on battle of nahavand is sort of silly. Historically, for a good long period of time, the Muslim countries and polities were at different points among the most scientifically advanced and religiously and socially tolerant of their contemporaries. It is unlikely that it is a singular issue of the specific tenets of Islam being some bulkhead against scientific and social advancement, but more likely that the larger geopolitical world where Islam was predominant dug in its heels on tradition, and that could have been essentially any tradition, when it became much weaker and rife with conflict.

the way of the bedoiun is backwards. period. Every nation that was touched by that idealogy suffered and still suffers today. North africa is pretty much backward and can only be secularized by force. Eygpt needs to a dictatorship to keep the muslim brotherhood in check. Egypt used to be the bread basket of the roman empire and a center of learning. Its backwards now. tunisa is the only nation that has hope.

The battle of nahavand is the key to all idealogical problems in asia. If the persians had held their ground, we would not have crazy ayotallahs trying to nuke us. Hot persian women would not be jailed for dancing on instragam. Ferdowsi was trying to tell persians occupied by the calphite about their culture and history. There should be a fire temple in qom!

If the persians held the line, central asia would not have converted to the ways of the bedoiun. We would not have the taliban and the buddha statues would still be there. We would not have mahmud of ghor, ghazni, muhammad bin qasim in sindh. THe majaphit in southest asia would still be around and the cham would not convert. The Philippines would not be named after a spanish king and they would still be pagan and prosperous doing eskrima. Balut is nasty!

The bedoiun ruins everything!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Not all East Asians, though maybe as a general trend. There are certainly subcultures within East Asia that vastly prefer the bronzed or tanned look with some subcultures taking it to a pretty impressive extreme. I remember the ganguro girls from when I was really young. That was pretty wild--I wonder what they look like now

they all have skin cancer. Japanese are weird.

https://youtu.be/k2J154b-xOo?t=1m31s

he knows

goth chics that are thin and bathe are hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
What Pakistanis do in UK is irrelevant.

well, the acid attacks and the ones that human traffic girls are kind of disturbing. Plus, they have UK passports and could bomb us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynight View Post
My Hindu grandpa from north India knows Urdu, it's funny when people try to drag him into the Indo-Paki discussion, because from his young adulthood they were all the same nationality.

don't see why it can't be one country again. Just need to secularize, get rid of the polygamy and the cousin marrying, and focus on science. Need to get rid of the ways of Bedouin through rational thought and humanism.

Last edited by Dangerous-Boy; 08-28-2018 at 09:41 PM..

Old 08-30-2018, 04:38 PM

1,187 posts, read 1,420,931 times
The only useful thing I can add relates to a book my dad had that contained hundreds of photographs of people from various regions. I wish still had it, because it illustrated the wide range of human variation (in appearance, at least) that is possible, even over relatively small distances. I guess an evolutionary biologist might describe it in terms of populations being isolated over generations. And also ... humans have moved around on this planet a lot and settled in places in which they either mixed or remained separate from the peoples already living there.

I once invited a Pakistani friend over to my parents' house for dinner and he was fascinated by the book. For Pakistan, it showed pictures of people with many different facial characteristics, like hair and eye color, etc. He agreed that Pakistan had a lot of diversity that outsiders didn't realize. He commented that he knew people from the north of Pakistan that had light hair and eye color (which doesn't fit the stereotypes many people have). He borrowed the book and returned it, but I don't know what became of it.

Old 12-20-2018, 07:48 AM

201 posts, read 619,578 times
Funny the battle of nahavand is mentioned all throughout this thread. If only the Sassanids had worked in combination with the Byzantines there could be a case that Islam probably would have never caught on and probably wouldn't be in existence today. But I don't think it would have changed the fundamental radicalism in this part of the world as I think it has more to do with Western corporate interests manipulating these middle eastern countries for oil and resources starting with the British in Palestine after WW1 and the fall of the Ottoman empire.

On a another note, anyone else worried Trump pulled out US troops from Syria and him taking ISIS lightly? I think he is sowing the seeds of ISIS to grow back and quite possibly invade the heartland of Europe. Very similar to Ottoman Turks invading Eastern Europe and almost overthrowing Vienna in 1683. You see Europe is ripe for the pickings as you have so many Muslim refugees inside the continent, who have not been vetted and you don't know how many of them are ISIS plants inside to be used as terror cells. Just wait and see in the next business cycle when the economy turns down, Europe could be overrun and invaded by ISIS!

Old 12-21-2018, 09:58 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subban View Post
Funny the battle of nahavand is mentioned all throughout this thread. If only the Sassanids had worked in combination with the Byzantines there could be a case that Islam probably would have never caught on and probably wouldn't be in existence today. But I don't think it would have changed the fundamental radicalism in this part of the world as I think it has more to do with Western corporate interests manipulating these middle eastern countries for oil and resources starting with the British in Palestine after WW1 and the fall of the Ottoman empire.

On a another note, anyone else worried Trump pulled out US troops from Syria and him taking ISIS lightly? I think he is sowing the seeds of ISIS to grow back and quite possibly invade the heartland of Europe. Very similar to Ottoman Turks invading Eastern Europe and almost overthrowing Vienna in 1683. You see Europe is ripe for the pickings as you have so many Muslim refugees inside the continent, who have not been vetted and you don't know how many of them are ISIS plants inside to be used as terror cells. Just wait and see in the next business cycle when the economy turns down, Europe could be overrun and invaded by ISIS!

the Sassanids and the byzantines fought a 20 year war. both were drained. plus, they were enemies for a thousand years. the muslims took Egypt which was the bread basket of the roman empire.

I'm more afraid of the nazis coming back to europe. THey are much more organized. ISIS just creates more fear that makes europeans gravitate to the extreme right and give up their civil rights.. Europe wanted cheap labor but they do not realize that orthodox muslims do not assimilate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia