Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2019, 04:31 AM

6 posts, read 7,583 times

Advertisements

Hello there!

I am wondering how one could obtain a medical marijuana card in Bangkok, Thailand. I have recently moved here and currently take 3 anti-anxiety medications (for social phobia/social anxiety disorder) and 1 for ADHD. I also believe I have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and I am not sure if any of my ailments would qualify me for a medical marijuana card. I was very surprised by how well marijuana helped to shut off my overactive amygdala (the area that is overstimulated/area that regulates emotions), while still allowing me to function normally. It stops the flashbacks from my PTSD. My anti-anxiety medications have not worked nearly as well as the marijuana has, and it is unfortunate that I cannot easily get my green medicine as I would need it on a daily basis.

1) Will I qualify for medical marijuana, based on the information provided?

2) How can I obtain a medical marijuana card in Bangkok? What are the steps I will need to take? How easy is it to obtain in Bangkok, Thailand? I have seen a lot of websites about Thailand and medical marijuana but I would like to know if anyone has gone through the process personally, about obtaining a medical marijuana card/if anyone can help me.

Any/All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 09:47 AM

1,262 posts, read 1,301,002 times
"Marijuana-based medicines will be permitted for patients suffering chemotherapy side effects and from Parkinson's disease, epilepsy, multiple sclerosis, and as a Thai tradition remedy for cancer pain, according to the ONCB."

It looks like you will not qualify as a patient.

Shouldn't you have researched this before you moved there?

Old 03-21-2019, 01:41 AM

1 posts, read 873 times
Hi We are planning a Vacation Southeast Asia and Thailand i one of the spot, but I'm under a medication having chronic back pain and Anxiety attack issues i'm taking CBD oil for medication which was prescribe to me by a physician, i got medicard for it, so i'm asking if in Thailand is CBD oil with this specific strains https://www.gyo.green/short-cannabis-strains.html are Legal to carry or entry, i need to bring some CBD oil when i"m travelling. Any help or personal experience is much appreciated.

Thanks

Old 04-11-2019, 01:07 AM

6 posts, read 7,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksks View Post
It really depends on where you live as to how difficult it is to obtain. So Google on your location first. Personally, I live in California, and it is super easy to obtain. I'd recommend searching medical marijuana doctors on Yelp and reading reviews and other info to get an idea of the price and customer service.

Thanks for the response, Aleksks. Prior to moving to Thailand, I did a bit of a 'rec-legal state' tour with my husband. We went to Portland, Oregon, Washington, and of course, Denver, Colorado (my absolute fave). The dispensaries in Colorado are amazing, and everything is so high-tech looking, sterile, everyone is extremely friendly and professional (I would be extremely friendly working there too, lol) but yeah, I know it will probably be difficult to get here in Thailand, especially with medical marijuana just being prescribed to people with life threatening/debilitating diseases.

Old 04-11-2019, 06:28 AM

3,109 posts, read 2,968,809 times
Before you start reeling off your mental health issues, you may recall submitting a medical form stating you were in good mental condition, in order to get an O-A visa. Try telling the immigration officer you are living here on a tourist visa...you can be sent back to where you came from. MmJ is still several years away.

Old 04-15-2019, 09:53 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mesmerizinglovepotion View Post
Hello there!

I am wondering how one could obtain a medical marijuana card in Bangkok, Thailand. I have recently moved here and currently take 3 anti-anxiety medications (for social phobia/social anxiety disorder) and 1 for ADHD. I also believe I have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and I am not sure if any of my ailments would qualify me for a medical marijuana card. I was very surprised by how well marijuana helped to shut off my overactive amygdala (the area that is overstimulated/area that regulates emotions), while still allowing me to function normally. It stops the flashbacks from my PTSD. My anti-anxiety medications have not worked nearly as well as the marijuana has, and it is unfortunate that I cannot easily get my green medicine as I would need it on a daily basis.

1) Will I qualify for medical marijuana, based on the information provided?

2) How can I obtain a medical marijuana card in Bangkok? What are the steps I will need to take? How easy is it to obtain in Bangkok, Thailand? I have seen a lot of websites about Thailand and medical marijuana but I would like to know if anyone has gone through the process personally, about obtaining a medical marijuana card/if anyone can help me.

Any/All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance!
Sorry to hear that.

How did you deal with such issues prior to medical marijuana was legalized in the U.S.?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia