Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 01:28 PM

990 posts, read 878,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzante View Post
Hi all
I’m an Italian citizen and residence in the UAE (Dubai) for quite some time.

Some months ago; My filipina girlfriend got pregnant and we decided to keep the baby. We were very short time together... but it happened.

Thing is, not being married and both of us dont want to get married (and not to continue our relationship) she had to go back to her home country to give birth.

Questions:

- Can I recognize the child without marriage in the Philippines? And give him Italian citizenship? And does this give him the status of illegitimate child?
- Does the mother get any right if I recognize the child?
- If i go to Philippines to see the child and recognize; can i ask for paternity test first as I’m not 100% sure is mine?
- If i go to Philippines; is there any risk to get arrested or not to be able to leave country without mother’s consent?

- I want to support the child; but does this mean satisfying all mother’s request or is there a specific rule/amount?

- does the child inherit anything from me or has rights over my assets? but in UAE children without marriage are not recognized; how is the international law about it? Also Does the child have rights in Italy over my assets?

- do I have any right of visitation of the child? I will need always consent of the mother if I want to take him with me to other countries?

I want to be the father of this Child but I do not want to move there as all my work is in UAE.. I would like to raise him alone but the mother would never consent. I want to see him and provide for him but I do not wish to be in the position to obey to all mother’s requests..

Thank you
I am myself an Italian/Brazilian father of a Spanish child.
Take in mind your child's mother can demand you for paternity test and financial support for your kid in Philippines court that will demand you in the court of UAE or probably in ITALY (the kid will be Philipino born, country I guess has simmilar laws than our western laws) and the process will run in the same way you had made a baby in an Italian girl.
Countries have agreements for these issues. So is better you antecipate her, consult an Italian attorney with experience in rights of international families and get a better deal for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2019, 11:13 AM

129 posts, read 332,032 times
I don't know why some people think this could be a troll account I think this person is smart he's just trying to check on what are the consequences in advance

It looks like he wants to support this baby but he just wants to make sure that this lady in the Philippines cannot control his life financially for the rest of his life

Lots of things going on here first of all since this lady is in the Philippines and he is not in the Philippines she could be possibly stuck she cannot demand a paternity test from this person if he's not in the country

So basically if he wanted to he could just walk away

The Philippines is changing there are millions of Filipinos that have babies and then run away and start another family

I'm sure if you wanted to go there during the birth and put his name on the birth certificate

I'm sure there will be a way for the baby to acquire Italian citizenship

If this person is a real Italian meaning not emigrated it should be super easy

Italy wants some of its blood back
My grandma and grandpa came from Italy and my mom was born while my grandpa was still in Italian citizenship

My mom has never been to Italy and I don't even look Italian

I was able to acquire all of the paperwork and now I have my Italian citizenship and I don't even know how to speak Italian

I think the original poster should still do more research to find out what he will be on the hook for by claiming and supporting the baby

Don't believe anything anyone tells you verify it keep us updated I sure would like to know the outcome

Old 05-09-2019, 11:17 AM

Also be careful the family of the lady it's probably going to be asking her money for the rest of her life

Cleaning lady office worker manager it doesn't really matter she went there to earn money because there's no opportunity in her country

have you been to the Philippines have you been to her house have you seen the way her and her family live

I know a Filipina in Lebanon that got pregnant by an Indian boy the lady had to go back to the Philippines she is still there had the baby has no money has no support and is totally stuck
people in the Philippines cannot start demanding people in other countries to have paternity test it just doesn't happen that's just the way it is don't get mad at me I'm just let me know this is not a Western country

Old 05-09-2019, 09:22 PM

1,141 posts, read 1,207,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzante View Post
Guys appreciate the interest in the thread but abortion is out of the equation and I want to recognize and support the child.

Regarding the protection we took it but it was ineffective and the lady was a professional worker not a cleaning lady so no stereotypes please

What I don’t want is to get married or being forced to contribute for the mother as well that is not working anymore at the moment

Therefore; my two questions above

Thank you
Congrats on having a child, eventhough the situation is not ideal. I'm very happy you did not go thru with an abortion, which is killing a baby imo.

One suggestion I can give you is, if you decide to provide financially for the child, make sure all of the money you sent is recorded via a bank transfer (sent to the child's mothers name) or something that you can later prove. Do NOT give cash to the mother. I would also try to set up Italian citizenship so this child has EU rights and some financial support later on in life.

Old 05-10-2019, 07:12 PM

5,869 posts, read 4,205,244 times
This is not an uncommon issue. There are over 2 million Filipinos working abroad on recognized contract, half them women. Out of that million, guess how often "things happen' to lonely people abroad.

Old 05-11-2019, 09:59 AM

1,136 posts, read 523,904 times
Agree this is not very uncommon.

Most of such cases involve a male foreigner from another country , not a native man in that country . Both parents are foreigners in that country.

If you go the Phillippines, there are mixed race children there, not very uncommon.

Old 05-11-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboy- View Post
Agree this is not very uncommon.

Most of such cases involve a male foreigner from another country , not a native man in that country . Both parents are foreigners in that country.

If you go the Phillippines, there are mixed race children there, not very uncommon.
you would be surprised how many Filipino man and Filipino woman working abroad especially in Arab and Asian countries are cheating and their spouses with each other
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia