Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2019, 10:36 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,621,301 times

Advertisements

Any act of dissent would play into red China’s hands the entire Hong Kong police have been replaced with red army soldiers in police uniforms
Extradition to concentration camps on mainland is sop -when red China is dealing with any and all opposition extradition and forced organ donation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 12:19 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,092,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
All respectable sources have indicated the extent of police brutality but you choose to focus on the occasional, non-lethal violence coming from the helpless protesters. It's pretty obvious where you stand. You just wouldn't admit the fact that you have been completely brainwashed by the Chinese state media and your Chinese in-laws. I would be ashamed of you if I were Norwegian.
How would I get brainwashed by chinese state media when I do not even listen to chinese state media or use chinese social media? I have always supported democracy in Hong Kong, I supported the umbrella movement, and I still read Norwegian media. I have met many Norwegians who agree with me. When you even lose support from westerners, then it shows how badly the protestors are doing.

And yes its pretty obvious where I stand. I am not pro-police or pro-protestors. My stand is pro-stability. So how can we bring back stability? Disband the police force would just lead to anarchy as the protestors become de facto police. Agree to all the demands will show that violence works and can lead to unrest on the mainland. Hence, the only options left is coordinated police actions to take down the protestors, and HK police force is the only entity that can do that.

Once stability is returned and the rioters are in jail, then we can talk about reforming the police force.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:38 AM

8,882 posts, read 8,497,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
How would I get brainwashed by chinese state media when I do not even listen to chinese state media or use chinese social media? I have always supported democracy in Hong Kong, I supported the umbrella movement, and I still read Norwegian media. I have met many Norwegians who agree with me. When you even lose support from westerners, then it shows how badly the protestors are doing.
You sound like a Chinese media outlet. Besides, they have not lose support from Westerners. Western social media is very supportive of the protest and condemns the government and the police force.

Quote:
And yes its pretty obvious where I stand. I am not pro-police or pro-protestors. My stand is pro-stability. So how can we bring back stability? Disband the police force would just lead to anarchy as the protestors become de facto police.
Pro-stability = pro-government and pro-police.

Quote:
Agree to all the demands will show that violence works and can lead to unrest on the mainland.
All the more reason to agree to all the demands.

Quote:
Once stability is returned and the rioters are in jail, then we can talk about reforming the police force.
The police mobs are the ones that should be put in jail, not the protesters.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:52 AM

Quote:
You sound like a Chinese media outlet. Besides, they have not lose support from Westerners. Western social media is very supportive of the protest and condemns the government and the police force.

Pro-stability = pro-government and pro-police.
You need to talk to people from western countries instead of just listening to your favourite media. There are a lot of westerners who do not support the current protests, because they do not believe riots are a good way of achieving your goals.

Also, there has been criticism of the protest from western media. I think you missed this. Also take a look at the comments, notice how negative they are. And no, they are not wumaos, just ordinary westerners and chinese people abroad who think riots are not a good way to get democracy. Places like r/HongKong can only prevent conflicting opinions by banning/shadowbanning anyone who disagree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9nNeO0yWyk&t=52s

Last edited by Camlon; 11-18-2019 at 01:08 AM..

Old 11-18-2019, 01:10 AM

Quote:
You need to talk to people from western countries instead of just listening to your favourite media. There are a lot of westerners who do not support the current protests, because they do not believe riots are a good way of achieving your goals.
I talk to people from Western countries. And people on Twitter and Reddit are overwhelmingly supportive.

Quote:

Also, there has been criticism of the protest from western media. I think you missed this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9nNeO0yWyk&t=52s
Yeah. One criticism.
https://www.francetvinfo.fr/monde/ch...s_3708105.html
https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ing-the-crisis
https://www.cnbc.com/video/2019/10/2...s-analyst.html
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...way-amid-rage/

Quote:
Places like r/HongKong can only prevent conflicting opinions by banning/shadowbanning anyone who disagree.
Everyone supports the protesters on r/worldnews, which has tens of millions of subscribers. And Chinese abroad tend to be the most brainwashed. They are all more than happy to enjoy the benefits of not being in China yet are all so laughably thin-skinned towards any criticism against China.

Old 11-18-2019, 01:18 AM

Quote:
I talk to people from Western countries. And people on Twitter and Reddit are overwhelmingly supportive.
On Twitter you do not read ordinary westerners opinions, almost all of the posts are done by protestors or their supporters. If you search for newest, you will notice that the same pictures come over and over again.

Talk to westerners you meet on the streets and ask them.
"Do you support putting the Hong Kong police in jail, while giving amnesty to the protestors"

And then you will see that many westerners disagree with you.

Quote:
Everyone supports the protesters on r/worldnews
No, they do not

https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c..._hit_by_brick/

Old 11-18-2019, 01:42 AM

Quote:
On Twitter you do not read ordinary westerners opinions, almost all of the posts are done by protestors or their supporters. If you search for newest, you will notice that the same pictures come over and over again.

Talk to westerners you meet on the streets and ask them.
"Do you support putting the Hong Kong police in jail, while giving amnesty to the protestors"

And then you will see that many westerners disagree with you.
I don't talk to strangers on the streets.

The topics that support them receive tens of thousands of upvotes. It's pretty obvious whose side most are on.

Old 11-18-2019, 02:05 AM

Quote:
I don't talk to strangers on the streets.
I know you don't. The point is, if you did, you would realize that many westerners do not support you.

I know a lot of people from Norway, and I have met many people who dislike the violence in Hong Kong, and do not support putting the police in jail while giving amnesty to the protestors. Norwegians like stability, and they know that disbanding the police will just lead to anarchy.

Quote:
The topics that support them receive tens of thousands of upvotes. It's pretty obvious whose side most are on.
Ever heard about vote brigading? What is happening is that protestors and their supporters are going around and upvoting stories thet like, while ordinary westerners have no incentive to do that.

But your argument was that everyone in worldnews support the protestors, and I proved you wrong with this thread.
https://www.reddit.com/r/worldnews/c..._hit_by_brick/

Old 11-18-2019, 12:12 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,152,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
So basically it's out of control.
If these people don't have the guts to launch a revolution, it's time to stop it. It does no good to anyone now.
I think the confrontation will last longer than expected.

Demonstrators' grievance has not subsided. When there was urgent call to aid the besieged students and other activists/rioters, tens of thousands supporters came out from many directions to advance towards the Polytechnic campus.

Since nobody from any side want to make any concession, it will get worse.

In fact, it is even a health hazard. After the police fired up all their tear gas in stock, UK and US refused to re-supply. Now they are using the China-made tear gas instead.

But even the government official is not sure what are really the chemical components of China-made tear gas.

Old 11-18-2019, 12:37 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,152,826 times
And not only Hong Kong is hurt, same are Macau and Shenzhen. The tourism industry has bundled up all three places as one destination. There are no available statistics from Shenzhen, but the hotel occupancy rate and gambling revenues in Macau are down in recent months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia