Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 05:44 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,517,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
The generation of Asians who suffered at the hands of the Japanese are mostly gone. I would guess that the current generation has little or no knowledge of the barbarity of the so called “ Co Prosperity Sphere.”

I think if you let Japan lose on Asia, they would do it again. They are like the british of Asia. British are lions. THe Japanese are tigers.

China and japan have never gotten along. Plus, Japan needs resources. The koreans don't trust them either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 04:02 AM

14,994 posts, read 23,976,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vols44 View Post
\

The OP would have served their interests better with a dissertation on how man US military grave stones are buried on their soil. Let's not forget why most of Asia dislikes Japan's actions against various countries during WWII.
It's really amazing. Over 17,000 American graves, gleaming marble, it's visible from quite a distance, this is in the capital of Manila, you have massive apartments in view of this sight, maybe in view of the OP sitting in his apartment posting crap on the internet. I don't know if it's encouraging or disappointing that the OP is as ignorant of history as American youth.

And Asia of course is still distrusting of Japan, as they should be since Japan is still slow and reluctant to apologize. I talked to Singaporeans who's grandparents remember the brutal Japanese occupation. They remember.

Old 06-16-2020, 04:33 AM

546 posts, read 573,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
It's really amazing. Over 17,000 American graves, gleaming marble, it's visible from quite a distance, this is in the capital of Manila, you have massive apartments in view of this sight, maybe in view of the OP sitting in his apartment posting crap on the internet. I don't know if it's encouraging or disappointing that the OP is as ignorant of history as American youth.

And Asia of course is still distrusting of Japan, as they should be since Japan is still slow and reluctant to apologize. I talked to Singaporeans who's grandparents remember the brutal Japanese occupation. They remember.

1 Million Filipinos died in the Philippine-American War, do they magically come alive after America saved the Philippines in World War 2?

Old 06-16-2020, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selurong View Post
1 Million Filipinos died in the Philippine-American War, do they magically come alive after America saved the Philippines in World War 2?
Let me ask you - do the Americans who died in the Philippines in WW2 magically dissapear because of what happened 120 years ago?
250,000 to 1 million died due to famine and disease, mostly cholera, that occurred during this period of strife with Spain and then the U.S . This was 4 decades before WW2. Ironically the U.S. later eliminated many of these tropical diseases plaguing the Philippines.

Those Americans in the grave your overlooking didn't die from disease. Filipinos killed by Japanese likewise didn't die from disease. Keep your focus.
By the way your use of a racial epitaph in a previous post will be reported.

Old 06-16-2020, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Let me ask you - do the Americans who died in the Philippines in WW2 magically dissapear because of what happened 120 years ago?
250,000 to 1 million died due to famine and disease, mostly cholera, that occurred during this period of strife with Spain and then the U.S . This was 4 decades before WW2. Ironically the U.S. later eliminated many of these tropical diseases plaguing the Philippines.

Those Americans in the grave your overlooking didn't die from disease. Filipinos killed by Japanese likewise didn't die from disease. Keep your focus.
By the way your use of a racial epitaph in a previous post will be reported.

Americans still violently invaded the Philippines, I personally forgive Americans who today have no hand in the invasions of their ancestors but I cannot forgive the concept of an Imperialist America which killed many Filipinos.

Old 06-16-2020, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Americans still violently invaded the Philippines, I personally forgive Americans who today have no hand in the invasions of their ancestors but I cannot forgive the concept of an Imperialist America which killed many Filipinos.
You're still here?

That would be factually incorrect, America did not "violently invade Philippines".
America was at war with Spain. There were some naval battles in the Manila Bay against Spain. Then it was later simply occupied months later without much opposition from Spain, then later ceded to us from Spain in exchange also for $20m.

The "imperialistic americans" promised Philippines independence in 1935 (actually, it was much earlier), and kept it's promise after peaceful transition (by the way, you owe us $20million).

I am still confused by the way on your lack of outrage against the Spanish or the Japanese (or the British, Or Bruni, or the many other countries that occupied and faught your Islands). I am also shocked at your lack of Philippines history if you are from that country.

Old 06-18-2020, 11:00 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,517,141 times
Quote:

But you personally forgive king phillip of spain and his conquistadors for cultural genocide and imperialism. White savior servile inferiority complex! To this day, the pinoy likes to say how much european blood he has. Lapu lapu would be turning in his grave. The pinoy forgot the greatness of the pagan Rajahnate of Tondo and cebu. You have forgotten the ways of garuda and think the foreign idealogy of the roman psy is better. How can the pinoy be respected when he does not respect his past, his food his bland with no coconut curry, and he has no culture? You don't even respect eskrima. You don't deserve a balisong!

Duerte should fulfill his promise to rename the phillipines to Maharlika to break off the shame of White savior servile inferiority complex.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ippines-s-name

His only good idea!

Old 06-19-2020, 08:52 AM

Quote:
You're still here?

That would be factually incorrect, America did not "violently invade Philippines".
America was at war with Spain. There were some naval battles in the Manila Bay against Spain. Then it was later simply occupied months later without much opposition from Spain, then later ceded to us from Spain in exchange also for $20m.

The "imperialistic americans" promised Philippines independence in 1935 (actually, it was much earlier), and kept it's promise after peaceful transition (by the way, you owe us $20million).

I am still confused by the way on your lack of outrage against the Spanish or the Japanese (or the British, Or Bruni, or the many other countries that occupied and faught your Islands). I am also shocked at your lack of Philippines history if you are from that country.

You are factually incorrect, here's the Official Atlas of Philippine History, America at the beginning of the war only exercised sovereignty over Manila which they fought from the Spanish, the rest of the country was under the First Philippine Republic's control and America had to wage many bloody battles of conquest. The Spanish sold you a country already under Philippine Sovereignty which your ancestors had to wage a bloody war of conquest over.

https://archive.org/details/historic...e/n89/mode/2up

Old 06-19-2020, 10:04 AM

Quote:
You are factually incorrect, here's the Official Atlas of Philippine History, America at the beginning of the war only exercised sovereignty over Manila which they fought from the Spanish, the rest of the country was under the First Philippine Republic's control and America had to wage many bloody battles of conquest. The Spanish sold you a country already under Philippine Sovereignty which your ancestors had to wage a bloody war of conquest over.

https://archive.org/details/historic...e/n89/mode/2up
I am not incorrect and your link does nothing to support that. It was an insurrection, just like the dozens of insurrections you had under Spanish rule.
They had no sovereignty. Heck you can start "The Second Philippines Republic" in your basement if you want. Doesn't make Duterte an "invader" when his police bust down your door.

Again why are you so focused on that when there have been insurrections, occupations, massacres all through Philipinnes history? You don't seem concerned one iota about Japan occupation in wwII. If you just hate America, just say it. Maybe a yank stole your woman?

Oh and by the way, I forgot to correct $20 million for inflation (for our payment for your country to Spain), in today's dollars that is $600 million.
$600 million please.

Old 06-19-2020, 11:57 AM

Quote:
I am not incorrect and your link does nothing to support that. It was an insurrection, just like the dozens of insurrections you had under Spanish rule.
They had no sovereignty. Heck you can start "The Second Philippines Republic" in your basement if you want. Doesn't make Duterte an "invader" when his police bust down your door.

Again why are you so focused on that when there have been insurrections, occupations, massacres all through Philipinnes history? You don't seem concerned one iota about Japan occupation in wwII. If you just hate America, just say it. Maybe a yank stole your woman?

Oh and by the way, I forgot to correct $20 million for inflation (for our payment for your country to Spain), in today's dollars that is $600 million.
$600 million please.
It was not an insurrection it was war of independence the whole country ratified a constitution and had an elected assembly, that's hardly an insurrection. More an unrecognized state, like Taiwan which obviously has sovereignty but isn't recognized. On the ground there was DE FACTO sovereignty of Filipinos although the fat pigs in Paris and Washington was debating on wether there was DE JURE sovereignty of the Philippine republic, but unfortunately for you it wasn't an insurection because insurections are rebellions against established authority, it was an outright invasion because Americans didn't even practice governance over the Philippines before, anyway you frame it, it was invasion not an insurrection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia