Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2020, 05:36 AM

1,192 posts, read 1,573,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landove View Post
Public cleanliness is part of sustainable development. India is currently among the largest economy in the world. But sorry, foreigners like me never consider India comparable to other Giants in term of development because of this matter. India is well known for its pollution. Clean public spaces are such luxury there.

It's funny that this issue comes from most foreigners, but Indians themselves don't give a sh1t about it.

Only partly blind people see development only from GDP figure. Go see other progressive countries, will you?
I dont think its funny at all. We see people who are poor, barely able to afford one meal, spending nights on the roads. You see defecation. Its OK. you havent seen poverty or what it does to people. You really are blessed compared to some of us who have seen people struggle on roads.

There is no need to be rude. we are having a conversation, not an argument.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2020, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
I think you're right that it was headed in the wrong direction under the gandhis. I think sardar patel would have been better for the country. Would have made it more organized and stronger.

I think modi is doing an ok job. he's got 60's years of mismanagement to fix
I think so too. Modi is doing an OK job. He does seem to take some very "unpopular" decisions but overall its on the right path.
A lot of people seem to criticise him though.

Old 01-11-2020, 05:37 PM

42 posts, read 24,141 times
A brief summary list of reasons: extremely large population almost everywhere in the country and high population growth; high corruption at most levels; lack of effective governments and well-informed and capable government leaders; extremely diverse population making it hard to implement universal policies and actions; lack of outside exposure among most of the population to see how things are done in other countries.

Old 01-14-2020, 09:08 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,523,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maila View Post
I thought the discussion was about why India was lagging behind and didnt consider open deification to be factor in its GDP.

Do you honestly believe that defecating would be a public thing, if people had the opportunity to not do so otherwise? I suppose my entire post on population and India's issues are side tracked with one thing that doesn't even factor in why India lags behind.

Unfortunately it IS true that poor/homeless do defecate in open areas. Due to the sheer population indeed it does happen. But I dont see that anymore, not in major cities anyway. trust me, I visit the country every year and I know.
i read modi installed hundreds of thousands of toilets recently.

Old 01-15-2020, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
i read modi installed hundreds of thousands of toilets recently.
that is true.

Old 01-16-2020, 10:07 AM

1,136 posts, read 524,306 times
Many people say India is lagging behind. But it has a high grow rate, it is something Taiwan and developed countries with weak economic growth is jealous of. Invest some profitable Indian companies or funds and you can expect it to grow higher than many in other countries. India lags behind because it started a decade later than other countries, another example is Vietnam. India and Vietnam are now like China decades ago, not bad and improving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugartooth View Post
A brief summary list of reasons: extremely large population almost everywhere in the country and high population growth; high corruption at most levels; lack of effective governments and well-informed and capable government leaders; extremely diverse population making it hard to implement universal policies and actions; lack of outside exposure among most of the population to see how things are done in other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia