Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2020, 06:14 AM

1,002 posts, read 906,387 times

Advertisements

of course Singapore and HK ,,, other maybe Tokyo or BKK
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2020, 07:45 AM

1,554 posts, read 3,032,612 times
Taipei should definitely be included in this.

Old 08-04-2020, 12:36 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,160,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjukken View Post
For me it be Northern part of Philippines since my wife is from there.
But not Manila, really do not like that city.. Ok for day tour. But nothing more.

Perhaps San Fernando Pampanga, near Angeles city. Yes i know what most thinking when see Angeles City. But it is really a city outside the walking street and girly bars...

I have a good buddy retired in Dumaguete and he likes it there! Plenty of expats living in Valencia up on the hill.

Old 08-04-2020, 07:02 PM

29,509 posts, read 22,630,868 times
Bangkok

Old 08-04-2020, 09:33 PM

1,117 posts, read 841,683 times
Check out Mercer's Quality of Living Index. It's specifically targeted to expats

"Mercer evaluates local living conditions in more than 450 cities surveyed worldwide. Living conditions are analysed according to 39 factors, grouped in 10 categories:
  • Political and social environment (political stability, crime, law enforcement, etc.).
  • Economic environment (currency exchange regulations, banking services).
  • Socio-cultural environment (media availability and censorship, limitations on personal freedom).
  • Medical and health considerations (medical supplies and services, infectious diseases, sewage, waste disposal, air pollution).
  • Schools and education (standards and availability of international schools).
  • Public services and transportation (electricity, water, public transportation, traffic congestion, etc.).
  • Recreation (restaurants, theatres, cinemas, sports and leisure).
  • Consumer goods (availability of food/daily consumption items, cars).
  • Housing (rental housing, household appliances, furniture, maintenance services).
  • Natural environment (climate, record of natural disasters)"

These are the major Asian cities I saw on there:

25. Singapore
49. Kobe and Tokyo tied
55. Yokohoma
58. Osaka
62. Nagoya
71. Hong Kong
77. Seoul
84. Taipei
85. Kuala Lumpur
94. Busan
103. Shanghai
120. Beijing
133. Bangkok
137. Manila
142. Jakarta
153. Ho Chi Minh
154. Mumbai
155. Hanoi
171. Vientiane
196. Phnom Penh
217. Dhaka

Old 08-04-2020, 11:58 PM

657 posts, read 244,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Check out Mercer's Quality of Living Index. It's specifically targeted to expats

"Mercer evaluates local living conditions in more than 450 cities surveyed worldwide. Living conditions are analysed according to 39 factors, grouped in 10 categories:
  • Political and social environment (political stability, crime, law enforcement, etc.).
  • Economic environment (currency exchange regulations, banking services).
  • Socio-cultural environment (media availability and censorship, limitations on personal freedom).
  • Medical and health considerations (medical supplies and services, infectious diseases, sewage, waste disposal, air pollution).
  • Schools and education (standards and availability of international schools).
  • Public services and transportation (electricity, water, public transportation, traffic congestion, etc.).
  • Recreation (restaurants, theatres, cinemas, sports and leisure).
  • Consumer goods (availability of food/daily consumption items, cars).
  • Housing (rental housing, household appliances, furniture, maintenance services).
  • Natural environment (climate, record of natural disasters)"

These are the major Asian cities I saw on there:

25. Singapore
49. Kobe and Tokyo tied
55. Yokohoma
58. Osaka
62. Nagoya
71. Hong Kong
77. Seoul
84. Taipei
85. Kuala Lumpur
94. Busan
103. Shanghai
120. Beijing
133. Bangkok
137. Manila
142. Jakarta
153. Ho Chi Minh
154. Mumbai
155. Hanoi
171. Vientiane
196. Phnom Penh
217. Dhaka
This expat is for business not for travel
You think manila has good salary, good policy for investment?
Even ph fdi low compare other asean 5
So everyday you brag about quality of life is BS

Old 08-05-2020, 04:53 AM

1,002 posts, read 906,387 times
Jakarta is still above Manila to expats invest and travel

caution don't be mistaken there some of videos from expats travel in come to ur country or south east asian "because their very love your country" usually they only come to look for Youtube subscribers. Moreover, there are several countries in Southeast Asia that are very active on the internet, which is why the country has become a target hehehe

Old 08-07-2020, 09:46 PM

32 posts, read 15,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findinglib View Post
Hello,

Singapore seems great and Hong Kong sounds exciting. What are your thoughts on the best place to live in Asia? Other options include Kuala Lumpur, Manilla, etc.
Pre 2006 I would say Bangkok. Now I am not so sure. Definitely South East Asia but I would avoid large metro areas for now...

Old 08-08-2020, 10:42 AM

50,770 posts, read 24,277,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalhamster View Post
Pre 2006 I would say Bangkok. Now I am not so sure. Definitely South East Asia but I would avoid large metro areas for now...
The biggest complaint I had about Bangkok/Thailand in terms of expats is the seemingly never-ending changes of "rules" about immigration-related requirements. Part of the problem with power struggles among those who were supposed to manage the laws.

Old 08-10-2020, 04:41 AM

2 posts, read 1,452 times
Thank you very much for providing the best city expats Asia. It really a nice forum discussion. That is very useful topic discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia