Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2021, 09:00 AM

12,436 posts, read 8,231,022 times

Advertisements

My niece in Hanoi who had just about the easiest 2020 of all the extended family except those in South Australia just flew out of Vietnam's lockdown
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2021, 11:30 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,459,657 times
I left BKK on April 8...after selling condo and cleaning out my accounts.....had a ticket for last October on Cathay and that was not a chance...I don't see normalcy returning to BKK, SING, and HK for two more years...if ever. Plenty I miss, plenty I do not.

Old 08-19-2021, 03:30 PM

7,780 posts, read 10,205,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Worse than Hong Kong.

Even Macau Residents have an almost impossible time to come back to Macau. So few routes are open. If a Macau resident is stranded in the Philippines or Indonesia or Thailand or India or whatever, almost impossible to come back.

Yet, 30,000 Mainland Chinese enter into Macau everyday for tourism reasons.

In short, Macau is completely 100% open to anyone wanting to visit from China, but almost 0% chance for any non-Chinese from another nationality/ethnicity even if they have jobs apartments or family here.
Yikes that sounds pretty terrible. I had been thinking of returning to HK/Macau in mid-to-late Feb...I guess I'll continue to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAXhound View Post
I left BKK on April 8...after selling condo and cleaning out my accounts.....had a ticket for last October on Cathay and that was not a chance...I don't see normalcy returning to BKK, SING, and HK for two more years...if ever. Plenty I miss, plenty I do not.
Wow, where'd you go? Was it difficult to sell the condo?

Old 09-01-2021, 04:16 PM

4,640 posts, read 13,949,087 times
South Korea is OPEN since middle of May/June/July/August/September 2020. Quite early. Although in June/July 2021 right around one year later, the expensive Quarantine rule with Face Masks and another Lockdown does still appears to feel too much. Cambodia pretty much copied that one. Although, needing even more cash funds to enter, and Health Insurance. Sri Lanka by December 2020/into 2021 not even having to Quarantine and pretty much no prerequisites.

Yes, other than these three, most of Asia is closed for that much months. Sorry, the governing systems isn't ever suppose to overreact this far out is quite a bit unnecessarily grim.

South Korea, Cambodia, even Sri Lanka did even better than India, Japan, or Indonesia's own Virus cases at a per capita rate for one example. Those were the unbearable Passengers not allowed to enter status of category range.

I wanted to see way more tourists than that for South Korea. Probably still not enough business.

Absolutely everyone just please visit Sri Lanka and give them the Tourist or Business rewards! They are welcoming us entirely without any worries.

China is quite obscure confusing. Can someone tell us how this really was. Conflicting sources online in relation to the other Asian variety.

Quite optimistic Thailand is reopening correctly in October 2021.

Wow, to Malaysia, Japan, Taiwan, Indonesia's own stubborn refusal. 2022, 2023 and even further...?

Old 09-09-2021, 07:37 AM

53 posts, read 40,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

South Korea, Cambodia, even Sri Lanka did even better than India, Japan, or Indonesia's own Virus cases at a per capita rate for one example...
Testing rates are very very low in South Korea. One could argue that they are finally at least registering a registerable quantity of cases. In Sino-sphere countries, being labelled sick/ not part of the group leads to catastrophic isolation and reprisals from the hoi polloi. Snitches and cancel culture are the norm in the Sino-sphere.

The economies of SEA remain heavily depressed and have been since 2016. The restrictions in movements will help shield the true extent of human suffering and decay in such places.

Old 04-23-2022, 11:37 AM

1,136 posts, read 532,020 times
Still the same now for Macau.
Anyway Macau isn't a place most foreigners like to move to.

Old 05-04-2022, 03:02 AM

8,877 posts, read 8,490,738 times
Nothing compares to the crazy lockdowns in China though.

A Covid worker beat a dog to death in Shanghai after its owner tested positive

Nursing home almost sending someone that has covid but is still alive to cremation

Lockdown in a bus

People screaming under lockdown

Starvation Central

Beijing will enter lockdown as well

And there's a bunch of other crazy indoctrinating measures that have come along with but are independent of the lockdowns, like the internet censorship on steroids, horrific anti-women movements, potential ban of abortion (America is probably copying this lol) etc. etc. etc., which are all ludicrous. This country is making me drunk lmao.

Old 05-23-2022, 05:32 AM

India, Malaysia reopened. Don't even have to get a PCR virus test! Although, have to download MySejahtera APP on a mobile device cell phone to get Traveller's Card with Malaysia. Need a Visa for India anyways well before the Virus ever happened. So, not related. And just the 2 Dose+ Vaccine Card for both. Without any restrictions. Except to wear a Face mask in Public for Malaysia. For India, not even having to cover the mouth with the oppressive rag.

Had to Quarantine for South Korea 14 days/15 nights December 2020. June 2020 was the first month open to Foreigners. Not bad. Wow, the rule is refusing to vanish 3 calendar years later.. Shortened to just 7 days total. Probably temporarily left the Picture, but Korea is dealing with a huge resurgence. Without any other choice, yet to establish the old rule again. Only have to if not fully Vaccinated for the first two countries. Otherwise, zero Quarantine for India, Malaysia!

Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, even Vietnam left the loser overreacting bubble. Trust me, other matters are more lethal like Beijing China air pollution issues. Or to wake up 5am for work. Stubborn Japan is quite strict. Vietnam dealth with such a vicious massive rise in cases the past few months. Ugh, same for South Korea. Much higher rate percentage than what is in China. Yet, the lockdowns only appear to occur in Shanghai.

Waiting for China, Taiwan to get some clues. Cough, hurry up! Some article claims January February 2023 for China...

Mainland Asia going strong a bit later in the 2020's.

Last edited by ; 05-23-2022 at 05:46 AM..

Old 05-23-2022, 06:05 AM

8,877 posts, read 8,490,738 times
I think Taiwan will reopen in a couple of months.

Old 05-23-2022, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
I think Taiwan will reopen in a couple of months.
Are there that much lockdowns in Taiwan? Usually to almost always the exact case rate stayed extremely low to even zero. Can't believe South Korea was that different next door. Extremely early reopening in June 2020. One of the first for absolutely any country. Such as Mexico, Turkey, UAE, Jordan. Although, none of them had the Quarantine issue. Three calendar years ago. That is like 10% of my life.

For Australia, people weren't even allowed to leave the country 2020, almost all of 2021. Up to probably December 2021. Looks like Asian nationals were at least able to visit other foreign countries for tourism.

Except for some Chinese that just seem fed up with the Pandemic, didn't really see much if any Asian tourists in South Korea, Turkey, UAE, Jordan, Cyprus, Azerbaijan. Or India, Malaysia for that matter. In those 2 countries this May, actually. Very easy to enter. Compared to how closed off they were for that long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia