Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2022, 09:49 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,079,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
And I explained to you that having universal "free" healthcare does not mean that patients do not have to pay anything. Here in Portugal we also have to pay fees for treatments that are not covered, or not fully covered.

Did you read the link? Even the UN has repeatedly said that the US is deliberately violating Venezuelans' human rights.
Your whole reasoning is that of a 5-year old. No country is an island. It no longer matters who is president in Venezuela. The US is committing a genocide on Venezuelans because they are angry that their coup did not work.
You are denying something that the US themselves admit they are doing.
Paying for treatments and paying for insurance is not the same.

And it no longer matters who is president in Venezuela, in other words it doesn't matter who control the guns in Venezuela? You can't be serious.

Quote:
They have various options, for instance turning Taiwan into just another province under CCP rule, or granting it the generous 1-country, 2-system concept.
How is China going to use either of these options to dictate policies in Taiwan.

Why are you so afraid of giving a straight forward answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2022, 10:01 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,768,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
Paying for treatments and paying for insurance is not the same.

And it no longer matters who control the guns in Venezuela? Try to reformulate yourself, so your arguments doesn't sound retarded.

How is China going to use either of these options to dictate policies in Taiwan.

Why are you so afraid of giving a straight forward answer?

I also have to pay for dental insurance, despite our "free" universal healthcare. Many people here actually have an additional private health insurance or plan in case the public system doesn't offer what they need, or not in time. One does not rule out the other.
In China they are still implementing the system, increasing the coverage etc. It is a pretty new system there, while here in Portugal we don't have that excuse because our system has been in place for decades.

What is that gun talk about?! It doesn't matter who controls the guns. People confirmed Maduro in the recent elections. Unlike what the Western propaganda media claim, Venezuelans are not being oppressed. It's not the US, where people live in the illusion that they need guns.

I don't get your question. The ones that are in power would dictate the policies. Be it under CCP rule or within a Western system after purging separatists (like in HK). I don't know about Taiwan's local politics and problems, so you can hardly expect me to develop policies for Taiwan.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:18 AM

Quote:
I also have to pay for dental insurance, despite our "free" universal healthcare. Many people here actually have an additional private health insurance or plan in case the public system doesn't offer what they need, or not in time. One does not rule out the other.
In China they are still implementing the system, increasing the coverage etc. It is a pretty new system there, while here in Portugal we don't have that excuse because our system has been in place for decades.
The point here is not that China's system is bad, just that you didn't know how China's health care system worked and even accused me of lying when I said my wife need to pay to get state medical insurance.

Quote:
What is that gun talk about?! It doesn't matter who controls the guns.
The ones who control the guns, control the power. That's the way it has been for decades.

If someone threaten you with a gun, what would you do?

Quote:
I don't get your question. The ones that are in power would dictate the policies. Be it under CCP rule or within a Western system after purging separatists (like in HK). I don't know about Taiwan's local politics and problems, so you can hardly expect me to develop policies for Taiwan.
You claimed that the CCP can dictate policies in Taiwan. So far you have only said that the CCP will dictate policies through making Taiwan a province or one country two systems.

But I want more details from you, how will the CCP do it.

Last edited by Camlon; 02-10-2022 at 10:28 AM..

Old 02-10-2022, 10:27 AM

Quote:
The point here is not that China's system is bad, just that you didn't know how China's health care system worked and even accused me of lying when I said my wife need to pay to get state medical insurance.

The ones who control the guns, control the power. That's the way it has been for decades.

You claimed that the CCP can dictate policies in Taiwan. So far you have only said that the CCP will dictate policies through making Taiwan a province or one country two systems.

But I want more details from you, how will the CCP do it.

China's system is not bad. It's work in progress.
That is not the way I remember our discussion.

That's nonsense. That's the whole point of democracy, the people have the power, even in countries where guns are banned, like my native Germany.

Stop being silly and stealing my time. Ask the CCP how they will do it, or simply wait and see. I don't know in detail how they would do what. It is none of my business.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:34 AM

Quote:
China's system is not bad. It's work in progress.
That is not the way I remember our discussion.

That's nonsense. That's the whole point of democracy, the people have the power, even in countries where guns are banned, like my native Germany.
It doesn't matter what you remember. I can quote you stating that you think I was lying to you about my wife paying for state health insurance.

And guns are not banned in Germany. Not only do the military and special units have guns, ordinary police also have guns. You can also get a gun license, so its not even banned for private use.

The west is practicing representative democracy, which is that you vote for leaders to represent you. The power structure is still there and it is being enforced with guns.

Quote:
Stop being silly and stealing my time. Ask the CCP how they will do it, or simply wait and see. I don't know in detail how they would do what. It is none of my business.
So you don't know how China will dictate policies in Taiwan, but you know that they can? How do you know that?

Old 02-10-2022, 10:45 AM

Quote:
It doesn't matter what you remember. I can quote you stating that you think I was lying to you about my wife paying for state health insurance.

And guns are not banned in Germany. Not only do the military and special units have guns, ordinary police also have guns. You can also get a gun license, so its not even banned for private use.

So you don't know how China will dictate policies in Taiwan, but you know that they can? How do you know that?
"paying for state health insurance" implies that you have to pay for it all by yourself. But that's certainly not what happens in China today. And frankly, I don't know whether you are lying or not. You seem to be a China-basher, after all, and people online lie all the time.

The authorities?! Of course they have guns in Germany, but they execute the power of the people. Germany is not Myanmar.
But if the US put Venezuela-style ucm's on Germany, all the authorities' guns would not help, either. I don't think Germany has enough guns to start a war in order to defend itself.

As a civilian, you need a very good reason in order to be allowed to have a gun in Germany.

Indeed. If you care about the details, study HK for instance.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:54 AM

Quote:
"paying for state health insurance" implies that you have to pay for it all by yourself. But that's certainly not what happens in China today. And frankly, I don't know whether you are lying or not. You seem to be a China-basher, after all, and people online lie all the time.
The problem for you is that anyone who has stepped foot in a Chinese hospital know that they ask for health insurance, which is paid by the employer or yourself if you don't have an employer or get it subsidized.

Quote:
The authorities?! Of course they have guns in Germany, but they execute the power of the people. Germany is not Myanmar.
But if the US put Venezuela-style ucm's on Germany, all the authorities' guns would not help, either. I don't think Germany has enough guns to start a war in order to defend itself.
If the USA put Venezuela-style sanctions on Germany, nothing would happen except a global recession and deteriorating relationships.

Germans certainly would not be dying of starvation, inflation would not go to millions of percent and the homicide rate would not go up to Venezuelan levels. Only the local authorities can mess up the economy that bad.

Quote:
Indeed. If you care about the details, study HK for instance.
HK was given away by UK to China.

Who is going to give Taiwan away to China?

Old 02-10-2022, 11:13 AM

Quote:
The problem for you is that anyone who has stepped foot in a Chinese hospital know that they ask for health insurance, which is paid by the employer or yourself if you don't have an employer or get it subsidized.

If the USA put Venezuela-style sanctions on Germany, nothing would happen except a global recession and deteriorating relationships.

Germans certainly would not be dying of starvation, inflation would not go to millions of percent and the homicide rate would not go up to Venezuelan levels. Only the local authorities can mess up the economy that bad.

HK was given away by UK to China.

Who is going to give Taiwan away to China?

So, why doesn't your wife have health insurance, as you claim?

The only reason that would not happen in Germany is that Germany is part of the EU and uses the Euro. If it were a country on its own, still using the old D-Mark, such ucm's would also cripple the German economy and thus lead to starvation, poverty etc. No matter who is chancellor...
It is genocide based on ucm's, which in turn are based on fake atrocity propaganda. That script is used in various countries, not just Venezuela.

Now you are backpedaling to the point before Taiwan made the mistake?! What I said refers to the point when China was forced to oust the current government.
As long as Taiwan doesn't declare itself independent, China doesn't really care much what goes on in Taiwan.

Old 02-10-2022, 11:21 AM

Quote:
So, why doesn't your wife have health insurance, as you claim?
Because she is self-employed.

Quote:
The only reason that would not happen in Germany is that Germany is part of the EU and uses the Euro. If it were a country on its own, still using the old D-Mark, such ucm's would also cripple the German economy and thus lead to starvation, poverty etc. No matter who is chancellor...
It is genocide based on ucm's, which in turn are based on fake atrocity propaganda. That script is used in various countries, not just Venezuela.
No, they won't. For starters, Germany is self-sufficient in food.

But lets do it another way. Explain to us in detail how sanctions would destroy the German economy. And when I say in detail, I expect something longer than a couple of sentences.

Quote:
Now you are backpedaling to the point before Taiwan made the mistake?! What I said refers to the point when China was forced to oust the current government.
You were the one who said it was similar to HK. Apparently, it wasn't.

How will China oust the current government so that the CCP can dictate policies in Taiwan?

Old 02-10-2022, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Because she is self-employed.

No, they won't. For starters, Germany is self-sufficient in food.

But lets do it another way. Explain to us in detail how sanctions would destroy the German economy. And when I say in detail, I expect something longer than a couple of sentences.

You were the one who said it was similar to HK. Apparently, it wasn't.

How will China oust the current government so that the CCP can dictate policies in Taiwan?

Being self-employed, she is likely not the highest priority as the system is being implemented. Employees are more urgent. It is the same here, I am also self-employed and have to live with certain disadvantages, such as having to pay the entire social security contribution (which in turn finances health insurance) all by myself, whereas employees only pay half of it, the employer the other half. I guess they think that self-employed people tend to earn well.

For instance, Germany itself has very little oil and gas (hence its difficult situation in the Ukraine mess). If it were no longer allowed to import oil and gas the way it is in Venezuela, Germany could no longer produce its food because agriculture is highly automated, in other words, depends on oil and gas. Its trains would cease to work. Etc. etc. etc. It would be like a snowball effect, maybe even more so than in Venezuela because in Venezuela a lot of people still do small-scale farming, which is not the case in Germany, which in addition to that has long winters where they can't grow stuff.

China said it clearly, they will use the military if they are forced to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia