Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-28-2022, 02:46 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,764,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What?!

You've lost me.

My point was, that the decision for who got the top job was made independently of the people's vote. There was no connection between one and the other. How is that "people rule"?

And yes, I'm having an issue with there being only one political party. How does that offer choice? What is there to vote for, if "yes" or "no" are the only options?

Would you like to get stuck with Vlad Putin, and more Vlad Putin for endless election cycles? I could name a few others, but I won't...
You are looking at democracy through your Western lens.
You are like Muslims telling Buddhists that they are not religious because they don't believe in the Muslim god, or any gods for that matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2022, 03:32 PM

671 posts, read 316,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
What?!

You've lost me.

My point was, that the decision for who got the top job was made independently of the people's vote. There was no connection between one and the other. How is that "people rule"?

And yes, I'm having an issue with there being only one political party. How does that offer choice? What is there to vote for, if "yes" or "no" are the only options?

Would you like to get stuck with Vlad Putin, and more Vlad Putin for endless election cycles? I could name a few others, but I won't...
in my opinion, the decision for who got the top job should not be voted by everyone.

I don't have much comment about Russia because I don't know their history, nor their government really.

but here in the US, we have endless election cycles of ROP or Dems that undo the work of each other when they take turns in office and no progress can be made.

Old 01-28-2022, 08:02 PM

2,234 posts, read 1,337,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maomao View Post
but here in the US, we have endless election cycles of ROP or Dems that undo the work of each other when they take turns in office and no progress can be made.
It is somewhat similar over this side of the border too, whether it was on a provincial or federal level.
Sigh!

Old 01-28-2022, 08:24 PM

9,229 posts, read 9,766,454 times
Capitalism only "democratized" western countries and a couple of East Asian countries (recently).
It failed in all other places. Many rich countries such as Saudi Arabia are not "democratized".
You wonder why? LOL

Old 01-28-2022, 08:43 PM

4,698 posts, read 4,078,117 times
Quote:
of course, because american has the loudest voice. again, the chinese respects how other country works, whatever it works for norway is fine, but don't try to export it to other country like what the US is trying to do.

and to answer your question.
they would first make that into chinese style. The chinese tried to adopt western style of government and it has failed.
You didn't answer my question, even though you pretended you did.

Lets try again
For argument's sake, let's say it is clear that Chinese people want to implement Scandinavian-style democracy. Since you claim the people rule in China, how would the people use their power to change the current system into Scandinavian-style democracy?

To give you an example, this is how the people of Norway would get rid of the monarchy against the wishes of politicans. They would create a new anti-monarchy party that got for instance 25% of the vote. The new party demand a referendum on the monarchy to join and the left government agree, since they don't want to to corperate with the right. The people vote overwhelmingly against the monarchy in the referendum and Norway dissolve the monarchy.

Quote:
um, no, i'm from the great US of A, not Portugal

and some fun for you:

For argument's sake, let's say the chinese people hates vikings, so if china adopts your system of democracy, they would vote for a leader that send troops and work with russia take over Scandinavia.

since there is no censorship, everyone in china is fed by the anti viking/scandinavia daily as the candidates campaigning rally across the country with banners of "free the world of viking descendants!!!"

now would you still want china to adopt your style of "democracy"?
By saying that you are an American who moved to Portugal, you are just proving my point that you don't know much about China. When you didn't even realize that healthcare in China is not free, then I realized that you know very little about China.

Bad things have happened under democracy, it is not a perfect system. However, I have very high confidence that your scenario will never happen.

We can discuss if China should implement democracy later, but first, you need to accept the obvious, China is not a democracy today.

Last edited by Camlon; 01-28-2022 at 09:35 PM..

Old 01-28-2022, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
You didn't answer my question, even though you pretended you did.

Lets try again
For argument's sake, let's say it is clear that Chinese people want to implement Scandinavian-style democracy. Since you claim the people rule in China, how would the people use their power to change the current system into Scandinavian-style democracy?

By saying that you are an American who moved to Portugal, you are just proving my point that you don't know much about China. When you didn't even realize that healthcare in China is not free, then I realized that you know very little about China.

Bad things have happened under democracy, it is not a perfect system. However, I have very high confidence that your scenario will never happen.

We can discuss if China should implement democracy later, but first, you need to accept the obvious, China is not a democracy today.
to answer your question, it will be up to the leader of the CCP to change the system gradually. if for argument's sake, it's clear that the chinese people want to implement scandinavian-style democracy, then the CCP would want to implement a system like that within their party.

I have never been to Portugal, I don't know how that country got linked to me.

please find where I said that china is a democracy today?
China will never be a democracy, because they have their own tried and true system of "people rule" for thousands of years already. Their system will continue to evolve, but it will never be a carbon copy of US, or scandinavian style of "democracy"

Old 01-28-2022, 10:13 PM

Quote:
to answer your question, it will be up to the leader of the CCP to change the system gradually. if for argument's sake, it's clear that the chinese people want to implement scandinavian-style democracy, then the CCP would want to implement a system like that within their party.
And if they leader say no, then how do people use their power to change the current system into Scandinavian-style democracy?

You claim that people have the power in China, but if they have to rely on the leaders being benevolent, then they clearly don't have the power.

Quote:
I have never been to Portugal, I don't know how that country got linked to me.

please find where I said that china is a democracy today?
China will never be a democracy, because they have their own tried and true system of "people rule" for thousands of years already. Their system will continue to evolve, but it will never be a carbon copy of US, or scandinavian style of "democracy"
I might have confused you with Neuling.

And China has always been ruled by the elites, not the people.

Old 01-28-2022, 10:41 PM

Quote:
And if they leader say no, then how do people use their power to change the current system into Scandinavian-style democracy?

You claim that people have the power in China, but if they have to rely on the leaders being benevolent, then they clearly don't have the power.

I might have confused you with Neuling.

And China has always been ruled by the elites, not the people.

the leader came from the people.

anyone have equal chance to become the elite and become the leader if they work for it.

Xi did not become a leader because of his father (in fact, his father is looked down by the party).

So did hu, jiang, deng, and mao.

Somehow in your narrow mind, CCP is not the people somehow. when in fact, CCP has been part of the people. That is their foundation and fundamental.

During the dynasties, china was only ruled by the elite sometimes. That's because of the dynasty system, where power is inherited rather than earned.

What's wrong with being ruled by the elites?

Old 01-28-2022, 11:23 PM

Quote:
the leader came from the people.

anyone have equal chance to become the elite and become the leader if they work for it.

Xi did not become a leader because of his father (in fact, his father is looked down by the party).

So did hu, jiang, deng, and mao.
Xi would have have been a farmer or a low level official if it was not for his father. His father got locked down by Mao, not by Deng Xiaoping. Under Deng he was the Vice Chairperson of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress.

And that anyone can become elite could be used as an argument in every single dictatorship where the power is not inherited.

But democracy or people rule is not that anyone has a possibility of getting power, it is that the people can push their collective will on the ruler.

Last edited by Camlon; 01-28-2022 at 11:50 PM..

Old 01-29-2022, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Xi would have have been a farmer or a low level official if it was not for his father. His father got locked down by Mao, not by Deng Xiaoping. Under Deng he was the Vice Chairperson of the Standing Committee of the National People's Congress.

And that anyone can become elite could be used as an argument in every single dictatorship where the power is not inherited.

But democracy or people rule is not that anyone has a possibility of getting power, it is that the people can push their collective will on the ruler.
well, if that's your definition, then it will be hard to find anywhere else in the world that is doing better than the CCP is doing in china.

what percent of your population support your leader/president? compare to more than 90% for the CCP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia