Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 11:24 AM

8,879 posts, read 8,492,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Divorce isn't legal, but annulment is common. It's like the Catholic version of a divorce. Duterte himself had an annulment. Tons of celebrities have had annulment. It's really normal, but it can cost a lot of time and money.

Divorce is also legal for Muslims in the Philippines
Yeah, that's incredibly dumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2022, 04:31 PM

1,117 posts, read 848,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Yeah, that's incredibly dumb.

Which is why a vote for Leni Robredo is dumb. She's against divorce. Marcos is in favor of basically everything. He's even in favor of medical marijuana.

Old 05-15-2022, 08:14 PM

8,879 posts, read 8,492,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manolopo View Post
Which is why a vote for Leni Robredo is dumb. She's against divorce. Marcos is in favor of basically everything. He's even in favor of medical marijuana.
False promises to win votes from braindead voters.

Old 05-15-2022, 11:04 PM

449 posts, read 196,894 times
Quote:

Hell, it's more than brain dead.... the vote goes to the candidate who gives out the most pesos to each individual. It's a bought vote ... money given out prior to election day.

How would I know ..?

My wife's Filipino from the province .... it's been that way forever ....

Old 05-15-2022, 11:33 PM

1,117 posts, read 848,915 times
Quote:

So the woman who said (even when votes were on the line) that ALL divorce and ALL abortion is wrong is somehow better than the one who at least put himself out there and said that divorce and abortion should be legal, no asterisk. He could have lost votes in a country that 80%+ Catholic, 90% Christian by saying he's in favor of those two things. Saying that medical marijuana should be legal, in a country that's in the middle of a bloody drug war (including against marijuana) would gain him more votes? Yeah right. If he actually wanted more votes, he would have said "No abortion, no divorce, no drugs. Period" But he didn't

Old 05-17-2022, 03:33 AM

287 posts, read 294,627 times
Yeah but Leni Robredo had concerts and celebrities telling me to vote for her…

Old 05-17-2022, 04:38 AM

12,439 posts, read 8,233,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlyn View Post
Let me guess, after the concert the celebrities flew to the states to enjoy some weed get an abortion and marry someone of the same sex before returning for their next show

Old 05-17-2022, 11:50 PM

641 posts, read 334,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorlyn View Post
And the Marcos family stole capital-B Billions of USD from the Philippines.
Hmmmm... On one hand, celebrities are being annoying and telling me to vote for Person A, but on the other hand, Person B is from a family of criminals that refuses to return any of their plunder, still benefits from their theft and crimes, and thinks that they did nothing wrong.

Yeah, I can see how it was a tough choice.

Old 08-06-2022, 07:50 PM

105 posts, read 127,731 times
The Marcos's are responsible for plundering the Philippines of up to $10B along with human rights violations during the dictator's reign. Where did that money go? Why have Filipinos forgotten those atrocities? They were literally kicked out of the country in 1986. BBM also owes P203B in taxes which he has not paid a penny of. This family have no business being in the government. This is the reason why the Philippines will never progress as a nation. The people do not recognize the politicians who are taking advantage of them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnM2PxIILDk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEofQrkoOak
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia