Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2022, 09:45 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,973,086 times

Advertisements

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202208/1272176.shtml
G7 statement over Taiwan ‘shameless,’ reminiscent of ‘Eight-Power Allied Forces’: Chinese FM, Mission to EU

Wow, it seems that the world is quickly descending to a chronic power and geopolitical struggle between the East and the West!
As it was mentioned in the article of the ‘Eight-Power Allied Forces’, I will list the 8 most prominent countries of each camp!

EAST CAMP
China (leader) / Russia (co-leader) / Iran / Venezuela / Cuba / Belarus / Syria / North Korea
+ other countries

WEST CAMP
United States (leader) / European Union (co-leader) / Japan / Germany / United Kingdom / France / Italy / Canada
+ other countries

NEUTRAL CAMP
India / Indonesia / Brazil / Turkey / Mexico / Saudi Arabia / Argentina / South Africa
+ other countries
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2022, 11:42 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
You actually believe Arabs gaf about self-determination and democratic values? That's hilarious. Everybody with a brain knows they only want to wipe Israel off the map. They even support Uyghurs genocide in China.
You sure do love stupid blanket statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Pretty much in keeping with what a contemptible little dump it's always been, imho.
I disagree with this in various ways. Palestine has some pretty nice areas, and I'm not sure contemptible is the word I'd use. I think it has serious issues, but it also has some real grievances that are understandable which go a long way in keeping parts of it a dump. Its leadership structure also vacillates quite a bit, so I don't think it's always a foregone conclusion they would side with China.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:46 AM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
Actually Cuba has denounced and should be listed above.

Mongolia and Central Asian and Caucasus countries are actually not that anti-West. They have largely stayed neutral in most issues between China/Russia and the West. They may lean slightly towards China/Russia axis but isnt really in their camp. These countries also participated quite a bit in the U.S. led anti terrorism efforts in the Middle East. You can read about conflicts displayed subtly between Kazakhstan and Russia over Ukraine.
That makes more sense in regards to Cuba--it'd be quite a departure for them to not mention anything.

I understand what you're saying about Mongolia, Central Asia, and Caucasus countries not overall being anti-west. However, it's also been pretty common for there to be enough pressure for at least some of these to come out in support of whatever Russia, and to a lesser extent, China states. It's also interesting what has been or sometimes has *not* been stated by these countries in regards to the Russian invasion of Ukraine. It does seem to me that there's a testing of the waters to break further away from Russia.

Old 08-04-2022, 05:33 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,853,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
I disagree with this in various ways. Palestine has some pretty nice areas, and I'm not sure contemptible is the word I'd use. I think it has serious issues, but it also has some real grievances that are understandable which go a long way in keeping parts of it a dump. Its leadership structure also vacillates quite a bit, so I don't think it's always a foregone conclusion they would side with China.
I think the geography of Palestine is splendid. Deserts and the sort of Mediterranean rocky scrub they you also see in CA are my favorite environment. My issue is 100% with the people, as I noted in my follow-up to Ice_Major. I'm aware that this puts me at odds with a lot of people I otherwise generally agree with, and that it's not necessarily a popular opinion to have, but I think it's better that I'm honest about it than pretend I have no issues with Palestine or support the Palestinians' cause. If I were in any position where I had to make a decision on their situation, I'd most likely recuse myself because I'm aware that my bias would most likely affect my judgement. It's probably the only group or nation in the world I have this strong an opinion about.

Every other country on the list is one that supports or gets support from Palestine. The US and Europe send them all manner of fiscal support and they get nothing but love from the Western left, but then they turn around and support restrictive, repressive nations that undermine their benefactors based on ideology. This is where the "contemptible" part comes in, to me.

Old 08-04-2022, 05:54 PM

958 posts, read 532,399 times
Nothing surprising about that list . Old “friends” of USSR. Add Nicaragua and such.

It’s funny how they are against a visit. Visit!!! But are OK with violent invasion in Ukraine.

(Before you start explaining about things, I’m from there.)

Old 08-04-2022, 05:58 PM

958 posts, read 532,399 times
Palestine is a different issue. You need to see whole history and how whole Arab world (of course with a help of my USSR) wanted to get rid of Israel. How they started that war many years ago and warned Arabs to leave so Jews can be killed. Well, Arabs that didn’t leave enjoy being citizens of Israel. With full rights.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:32 PM

1,651 posts, read 864,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl View Post
Palestine is a different issue. You need to see whole history and how whole Arab world (of course with a help of my USSR) wanted to get rid of Israel. How they started that war many years ago and warned Arabs to leave so Jews can be killed. Well, Arabs that didn’t leave enjoy being citizens of Israel. With full rights.
But is it different? I noticed the trend to always claim "this is different" whenever allegations of hypocrisy are levied against Western powers. The only difference is the U.S. looks the other way for allies, while blasting the "they are so bad, against freedom, tyrants, “insert whatever" message for adversaries. In many cases the U.S. and western powers will completely sell out a side if they deem the price worth it. Case in point look at the Kurds being thrown to the wolves by the U.S. and Sweden when it became beneficial. Are they not involved in a struggle for independence? Look at Western Sahara. Why were their freedom claims ignored? I'm not saying the U.S. or other Western powers actions are bad, as I completely believe in the doctrine of doing what is in your own interest. Just please stop attempting to justify actions based upon some sort of morality or self-righteousness.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:38 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,437,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictropical View Post
China should have shot down that witch flying on her broom.

But they're smart, their game is very smart, there'll be revenge and Taiwan will be taken only sooner. China likes its revenge cold. They're not rushed guys.
Lmao I sincerely wish China HAD shot down her flight just to see America’s retaliation.

It’s hilarious that wumao’s rhetoric went from “China will start a war now” to “there will be revenge … maybe at some point”. How very typical.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:40 PM

1,651 posts, read 864,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
NATO member ally of Turkey is the most rational. To just stay neutral.

And the one visiting Taiwan did nothing for San Francisco! Truly wondering if that is the political representative's own fault. Pelosi is an agent of that area of California.
Turkey has probably been the biggest benefactor from this conflict. Proof that the doctrine of neutrality works. A course they have clearly ticked off European powers with the lack of united front, but hey what's new. They've been doing so since the Ottoman days.

I do wonder what the purpose of the Taiwan visit was. No offence but she is only the speaker of the house and has no direct influence of foreign relations. Good chance she will not be in the position after November elections. Just seems like a bunch of trouble for nothing. Not sure why China is getting riled up over Pelosi. Simply stating “she is not worth our energy” would have been sufficient.

Old 08-04-2022, 07:45 PM

8,864 posts, read 8,437,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
You sure do love stupid blanket statements.
Right, because Arabs’ hatred for Israel and lack of democracy and liberalism in the Arab world are up for debate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Asia